Change windows from VLK to normal without format

ramik

is there a way to switch from a VLK edition to a normal serial activated edition without format? by changing some dll's (in same mode or any other way), or by upgrading the old edition with the new one?

The university made an agreement with MSDN Academic Aliance to provide students with cheap Window xp copies (and a lot of other microsoft software), i used to have bad vlk copy, but now i want to use legal methods, it is better :)

With windows xp original you will face a lot of problem. You have to register the windows every time you format the drive or change a pc. With VLK there is no problem. And you can also find Widnows XP (VLK) (latest version) on different site for download.

Pawan

Well, i don't want to use anymore the vlk edition, and i don't format a lot (max twice a year), and i don't change hardware configurations, so i can go to retail edition of winxp with no problems.

problem now is how to switch, in a virtual machine i upgraded windows vlk to the one i have, and it worked uccessfully, asked for activation.

But when i tried this on my main windows machine (the one that i want to switch) using the upgrade from the gui of the autorun cd, the setup keeps blocking on minute 34 (installing devies), no matter what i do it blocks there, but thanks god i made an image of that partition of windows, which i am currently restoring.

so, chilifrei64, you mean i could start the installer from the boot CD and chose repair?

my last option will be to reinstall the whole windows + apps

you would want to use the second repair option.. the first one is the recovery console.. you want the repair installation. This is what I did when going from a cracked VLK to my msdnaa version from my school and it worked for me.

so if i have an uA_WXP_CD , stabil version , nLited , BTS's driver packs included

with VLK PID , if i dont want to make another CD with OEM PID

to enter the correct serial (who isnt accepted by my VLK kit)

after i install XP with VLK ,

if i boot from OEM/DSP !? , and i choose

REPAIR option , this can change for me the license type

without damage my drivers and hotfixes already installed ? maybe some

apps alredy installed !

and i can introduce the OEM PID ? where/when ?

after sysprep ? this i dont get !

i am interested because can be an alternative instead to hold 2 sets of uA_CD

Pro / also 2 sets for HomeEd .