installing SATA on VISTA?

PaCiNoLiFe

I was just wondering if Microsoft Vista supports SATA storage devices natively because Windows XP's installer kernel did not come with SATA support and requires that you load a kernel module that will allow it to interface with your SATA controller. I mean there are ways around it by creating slipstreamed disk but the whole F6 crap is getting old and would hope they made some kind of attempt to correct this annoying problem.

Edited by PaCiNoLiFe

my NForce SATA drives are recognised fine. I can't imagine SATA support being a problem if you have it built into your motherboard. If your SATA is provided by a PCI card or suchlike, then I'd check with your manufacturer.

I was just wondering if Microsoft Vista supports SATA storage devices natively because Windows XP's installer kernel did not come with SATA support and requires that you load a kernel module that will allow it to interface with your SATA controller. I mean there are ways around it by creating slipstreamed disk but the whole F6 crap is getting old and would hope they made some kind of attempt to correct this annoying problem.

Natively, no. At least not at this point.

Burn your drivers in the root (no folders) of a cd-rw or floppy, then choose "load driver" (I think it is called like that)

already tried that

:no:

You have to get the XP 64/2003 drivers (search with Google).

Extract everything to a folder and put in a floppy in the main root DRIVER FILES ONLY, depending you've an Intel or an AMD processor.

Worked for me.

Going to catch other drivers. :hello:

Burn your drivers in the root (no folders) of a cd-rw or floppy, then choose "load driver" (I think it is called like that)

already tried that

You have to get the XP 64/2003 drivers (search with Google).

Extract everything to a folder and put in a floppy in the main root DRIVER FILES ONLY, depending you've an Intel or an AMD processor.

Worked for me.

Going to catch other drivers. :hello:

okay man now i got it

and it worked for me too

thanks

:thumbup

already tried that

In order to install the raid controller drivers, you need to create a new driver floppy disk with the .cat, .ini, .inf, and .sys driver files. DON'T include a file called txtsetup.oem because this is why Windows Vista setup does not load the drivers for the raid controller. Setup should now continue normally.