why do u guys use such big hdd's ?

I just upgrade my space as needed, I had a 40GB drive that was filled with music, so what I did was added another 12GB and filled it with some of my music. I am building a new PC and getting a 160GB drive to make sure I never run out of space. :D

I read Seagate is coming out with a laptop hard drive with a 160 gb storage capacity and 7200 rpm rotational speed....early next year...I cant wait...honestly the 60 gig hdd in my laptop aint cutting it!

Yeah, finally a worthy replacement of that 3,5" HD I'm gonna use for my CarPC

:)

I read Seagate is coming out with a laptop hard drive with a 160 gb storage capacity and 7200 rpm rotational speed....early next year...I cant wait...honestly the 60 gig hdd in my laptop aint cutting it!

stfu, if you think 60gigs is bad, try 40! :lol:

1 drive of 40 GB

3 Partitions:

C:\ --> 9.76 GB --> my main partition (XP Home)

D:\ --> 24.5 GB --> My partition with Windows Server 2003 R2 and Download drive (for apps I release on my site and for VS .net)

E:\ 2.93 GB --> My "Other" partition, I have WAMP installed on that one as well as the MSDN library.

I think I used about 80% of my harddrive now.

Edited by Martijn

my girlfriend told me its not the size of the HD its how you use it

What if you only have a floppy? :lol:

I have 200 gb and 100 gb hd for a total of 300 GB. I use only about 50% of the total space but I place things on both drives to (hopefully) speed up access.

I have 45 GB of backups (mostly software CD's, software, game mods, soundfonts, and music). I can mount the CD images as virtual CD rom drives using Daemon tools. Actually, I have this 45 GB on each drive in case one blows up. So there goes 90 GB.

Approximately 20 GB is for some miscellaneous partitions I have (I dual-booted Win 98 and 64-bit Linux for a while, so I had a lot of partitions such as swap, temp, var, etc).

I probably only use about 30 GB for my main OS partition at any time. I reformat now and then, but If I installed and extracted everything at once then my 300 GB would probably fill up.

Why so much HD space? Because one episode of your average animé is about 250MB. :P Throw in a few gigs of music and pictures, Windows and whatever flavour of Linux I'm currently screwing with, backups, and other junk, and you've used up quite a bit of space.

I dont keep anime on hdds....I burn them onto dvds....easier access without using up hdd space. After all after a certain point there is signfiicant decreases in hdd performance if you start filling up a lot of it.