why do u guys use such big hdd's ?

Hi there.

I have 2 x 120gb HDD.

My Delphi programmes use a lot of disk space! I have over 100 music videos installed, plus all those .WAV songs, then there are my DVD's, my digital photoes,

my personal videos, and there's the games, of course!

I need all that disk space...

Everytime I upgrade to a bigger HDD it tends to get full... My current size is 200Gb... But isn't it a real b**ch to back it all up!?! Recently my system crashed... nothing could be saved. I lost a lot of music, digital photo's, movies and other stuff... And ofcourse my backup didn't work *sigh :(

Ah, well that's the price you pay for being in the era where technology has taken over everything...

I have a 120 and it is filled up... mainly by Games, Pictures, Movies, and come to think about it Windows XP takes up almost (a whopping) 20 gb\... I think i need to check that out... but of course with that space comes... 3 cd burners and a dvd burner... man... im gonna get another harddrive later i think a 400 or so

I've got 80GB in my laptop, and a 40GB external drive for it (for backups). I've got 200+40GB in my desktop.

Stuff I've got - music (~20GB), movies (backups of my DVDs), installs, VMWare machines (about 20GB or so on my desktop), pictures (about 3GB), all my school stuff (about 1.5GB), and other random stuff. Oh... and another 5GB or so for nLite and the CD images created by it. :)

The most important stuff is with my on my laptop, and a backup kept on my 40GB external and another copy on my desktop.

Nowdays it seems that all new computers even laptops come with a minimum of at least 40gb. What seems to be the limiting factor is available internet connection speed with cable, dsl, wireless, etc available at reasonable rates.

I got myself running 8x 200gb seagate drives in mirror raid :)... only 800gb in use ... its what you call a personal library :P... its just got iso images, music, videos, pictures... and more and more junk... considering its a big box, it sits under my house connected to 3 computers :P it gets a hammering i can assure you !!