comp wont boot up at all

Vietfobster

ok im running xp pro sp2 but that doesnt seem to matter in this situation

i opened up my comp and cleaned out the dust. i reassembled everything and it all seemed to be at the rite place. double checked and everything.

i turn on my pc and it doesnt boot up. nothing shows up on the monitor. it gives a half-sec beeep when i turn my comp on and beeps every 3 seconds. the beep seems to be near the processor.

i know its some kind of internal problem but i checked EVERYTHING. i plugged everything at its proper place. help me please?

im running an emachines t1600. usually, it would go to the emachines logo screen then boot up. but this time, the comp doesnt even communicate with the monitor!!

Regular beeps are normally a RAM problem.

I hope you had the machine turned off at the mains and grounded whilst it was cleaned? Static is the main cause of hardware problems if people dont take the correct precautions.

Also, if you didnt turn the power off fully, try unplugging the computer for around 30 seconds and plugging it back in. This when charge gets trapped in the capacitors or something and thats the way to clear it.

I dont think that is it though because it was beeping which would suggest it was powered on. The best thing to do is check the memory in another machine or try some alternative memory in your own.

How did you clean it? Might help determine the cause of the problem :wacko: