IE7 Big Disappointment Already

dman

Big deal. The biggest thing on my wish list was CSS Position: Fixed; but no, they couldn't be bothered with that. Just have to try to keep up with FF buzzwords like "Tabbed Browsing". Guess we are chained to CSS hacks or framesets forever. :}

To see what I mean try this page with fixed side menu done with css position-fixed. I made it work in ie with a stupid hack, but this is what it does without the hack. Works fine in FF and Opera (k-meleon and netscape too) but not IE6, not IE7. Boo Hiss :no:

Example

This is with the hack.

Edited by dman

i love those tabs in netscape you can either open a new tab or close that tab for what ever web page you have open :D

is so you don't need to open another internet explorer window :)

Edited by kurt476

i love those tabs in netscape you can either open a new tab or close that tab for what ever web page you have open :D

is so  you don't need to open another internet explorer window :)

utterly pointless post in regards to this thread...

I believe Beta1 was primarily aimed at SECURITY and that enhancements to CSS and HTML amonst others will be made for Beta2.

I believe Beta1 was primarily aimed at SECURITY and that enhancements to CSS and HTML amonst others will be made for Beta2.

Seems you are right again Alanoll.

http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/compatibility/

I didn't find this before. Seems it's on the list along with my other wish, hover support for arbitrary elements. Sure hope it actually makes it into final release.

i may be wrong, but i'll guess that one of the primary underlying reasons for IE7 is to compete with google and dissable google related stuff (current or future). the latter may or my not happen right of way, but see if some "security patch" down the road doesn't do it. poor lil billy is mad at google and i'm lovin it!

is so  you don't need to open another internet explorer window :)

utterly pointless post in regards to this thread...

Well I certainly hope that security WAS the focus, because from the looks of it, all they have done is added tabs and changed the layout a bit.