sp2 network

banghead.gif For starters it would actually help if you would RTFM and familiarize yourself with some common wireless terminologies!!! It has probably more information than you actually think.

P.S. If you dont know what RTFM is, do a simple search in google!!

Edited by big poppa pump

If you cant understand the router configuration from the netgear manual then you ARE a dumbass. I have a netgear router too and it took me about 5 minutes to configure my wireless settings from the information printed in the manual.

FYI.....Configuring the wireless settings and setting up the router correctly has got everything to do with your laptop connectivity!

well then could u help me with my problem since u have a laptop and the same router? i would read the manual but i got the router a while back and i dont have the box anymore(the manual was inside it)

PLZ help me because i have to get this wireless thing fixed for my sister before she moves with the laptop and she doesnt know ANYTHING

• 1 month later...

QUESTION: Do you have two or more network cards on your desktop ie (Cable and Wireless)??

QUESTION: Do you have two or more network cards on your laptop ie (Cable and Wireless)??

On my desktop running SP2 I have a 1394 Connection and a Local Area Connection. To make my Wireless network stable I needed to bridge those two connections. To do this I went to Network connections and held down the CTRL key and selected 1394 Connection and Local Area Connection. I then right clicked and selected Bridge Connections. This stabilised the wireless network connection on the desktop.

On my laptop I noticed I had a Local Area Connection and Wireless Connection under Network Connections. I held down the CTRL key and selected both the Local Area Connection and Wireless Connection, right clicked and selected Bridge Connections.

This solved all my problems in relation the wireless network continually dropping out.

I hope this helps solve your problem.

Matt