Windows XP Professional Corporate Licensing

jcarle

Because I'd like to have all the flexibility that a VLK version of XP offers but legally.

Basically, I'd like to legally own a copy of XP Pro that I can install as I see fit without that stupid activation requirement.

All I'm wondering is how much that would cost me...

Edited by jcarle

Umm... anyone think "action pack"? I mean, heck, if you are gonna go spend that much, for a mere $299 you can get a crapload of licenses for all sorts of junk.

And you do realize its trivially easy to not only patch a legit copy of xp pro to corporate, but also to generate perfectly valid and legitimate vlk keys (that pass genuine advantage). It's a wonder more people don't do it.

Edited by kai445

while you guys are on the topic of a corporate license, other than MS crappy activation scheme, what other differences are there between a VL and a regular license?

is it true that the OS (data on the disk), corp verses non-corp, are identical? so the only diff is the license key?

im 99.9% sure that pro and corp are the same exact thing, the only reason for corp is so that u can install it on a crap load of systems without having to activate every single one, which saves u alot of time if ur doing hundreds of comps

im 99.9% sure that pro and corp are the same exact thing, the only reason for corp is so that u can install it on a crap load of systems without having to activate every single one, which saves u alot of time if ur doing hundreds of comps

Corp has no activation needed, which is a definate plus. And yeah, thats basically the only difference.

The real difference is a mere 10 files. 11 if you count a changed EULA. The files basically consist of the dll's and inf's that have to do with the registration process itself and no other aspect of windows.

Here is the list, for academic purposes only (no download links will be given either in this thread or via PM so dont ask):

WIN9XUPG\WIN95UPG.INF

DPCDLL.DL_

EULA.TXT

NT5INF.CA_

OEMBIOS.BI_

OEMBIOS.CA_

OEMBIOS.DA_

OEMBIOS.SI_

PIDGEN.DLL

SETUPP.INI

SETUPREG.HIV

hmmm... interesting. one of my favored windows annoyances (all flavors of windows that i know of) is the storing and well hidden IE history files, though it goes deeper than that. i was told by a fella that works as a tech guy in a computer store on the side and works for the military as his primary job, fixing windows bugs/holes, that XP corp does not store and hide this info. reason? according to him, the government is funny about having that sort of stuff stored on their HD's. i don't know if emails are stored in a hidden database on corp, but IE history certainly is (proof here).)

more info about the topic here

Edited by atomizer