• jv16 PowerTools 2005
    • RegVac
    • Registry Mechanic
    • Registry First AID
    • Registry Healer
    • RegScrubXp
    • TweakNow RegCleaner
    • CCleaner

My only complaint with CCleaner is that temp files don't have the option to be sent to the trash bin for people that want overwrite Internet Temp files. But if you want a commercial product take a look at: ChemTable Software - Reg Organizer. The Reg Organizer registry searcher is better than Registry Crawler. And the whole suite is about ten bucks less then Reg Crawler. It's a like a super customizable CCleaner.

i'm a fan of CCleaner, but it is not the most thorough utility by far and fails to root out much of what other utilities do (and i've used many over the years). just a day or 2 ago i did a clean-up with CC, then right after that i ran registry mechanic (which i've never used before). RM found something like 70-80+ additional "errors", of which 50% or more were very benign things like MRU's, but it did find a lot of errors that CC passed up and that i confirmed were indeed invalid entries. thing about RM is that i can't stand its "hello noob! let's completely automate the process and remove all the hard-core options" goofy UI. many commercial programs seem to be that way.

one thing that i've noticed about all the utilities i've tried is that NONE of them ever find the same errors and all of them miss errors that others catch.

actually, i think the best reg cleaner is Linux -- no stupid bloated, error riddled, gibberish packing registry at all. it stores its settings where they belong -- with the program groups.

Edited by atomizer

actually, i think the best reg cleaner is Linux -- no stupid bloated, error riddled, gibberish packing registry at all. it stores its settings where they belong -- with the program groups.

A long-lived controversy brought here LOL :P

yeah it's worth trying anyway

I did like Registry Mechanic until the other day I bought RegistryFix and it found a whole bunch of stuff Registry Mechanic didn't find cuz Registry Mechanic found 0 and I used it right before using RegistryFix ...

There was another reg cleaner I had d/led ( PC MightyMax ) but when it came up that I was to fix the over 300 items that registryfix nor registry mechanic displayed, it had some stupid thing where ya either pay for one weeks of its use at near 30 bucks and then on up to one year at some stupid high price so I clicked out of it lol like I ain't payin that kind of money and I dang sure ain't payin any near 30 bucks for one weeks use of it lmao

Edited by Cherry