IE 7.0 Beta 1 unattended

try doing this to slipstream:

[File Location]IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe /integrate:[uA Installation location]
or for example
c:\IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe /integrate:c:xp

this should work however the files are uncompressed so you have to go back and overwrite them with compressed versions if you are short on cd space.

Edited by godan

so how exactly do you bypass the validation?

EDIT:

This Windows Genuine Advantage stuff is already starting to aggrivate me, especially since I don't have a live connection available on some of my testing boxes. Here's how to unofficially bypass this check...

# Extract IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe with WinRAR (or anything that works) to a temporary directory.

# Open update\iecustom.dll in a hex editor.

# Navigate to hexadecimal offset 0x1034h(4148 decimal) and change 0F 95 to 0F 94.

# Save and execute update.exe.

# Enjoy.

Don't ask me where to get Internet Explorer 7 and don't blame if all your hard drive data disappears.

Original: http://www.extended64.com/blogs/rafael/arc...07/28/1051.aspx

Edited by jacksont123

Here are some steps that got IE7 running on XP SP2, without installing it.

First extract the IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe file using something like winrar. Then go to the folder you just extracted and delete the file SHLWAPI.DLL and the folder Update. Then open notepad and just save a blank file in notepad as IEXPLORE.exe.local . Then you will be able to run the iexplore.exe.

found it here: http://labs.insert-title.com/labs/?ID=795

Edited by boooggy

Ok added IE7 beta 1 direct integration support in next nlite.

No hacking, no WGA, just replaces and installs like normal IE, gonna reinstall tomorrow with it and give it a live tour.

the legit crack worked, but I don't understand why this won't install for me....

I get an Access Denied error while installing and then it prompts me to uninstall, and it doesn't. It reboots and I'm forced to do a System Restore. can anyone help me out? thanks

I dont recommend using it since its BETA software and BETA1 at that, at least wait till BETA2 is out which will be for the public. BETA1 is english only I think since people have being hacking the languages to make it work. There have being reported problems with the beta, and many users have experienced IM programs not working and breaking due to install.

IE7 beta is great but yahoo mail doesn't work with this beta version.

Pawan :thumbup

This is what you get when you try to open Yahoo mail.

Yahoo! may not be optimized for the web browser you are using. Your options are: 
Upgrade to Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape 7.1, or Safari 1.2.
Switch back to the Yahoo! version supported by your current browser.

If you click on 'Switch Back to Yahoo version supported......' you are able to access your Yahoo email.

I have tried installing Windows with IE7 integrated, and it comes out to a failure!

During installation of the GUI part of Windows XP an error message appeared saying a dll registry entry cannot be found. Later after the installation IE7 fails to work reporting an DLL file is missing, tried to put that DLL file into the installation folder, an error would come out saying the system cannot find about:blank!!

I strongly recommend NOT to integrate IE7 into the installation of Windows, the best way out is to hack the installation source, repack the installation of IE7 and ONLY add an entry in the SVCPACK.INF

If you have not noticed, Yahoo Mail, will not work because it detects it as a incompatible browser so does launch and there will be other sites with the same problem.. so to fix it in the group policy editor goto user settings, software, internet exploer, connections, user strings and in there you can type in (what it says for ie6) and whala it works..

With the d/l link above

Trillian also fails to work.

I also started getting BSOD's, something I haven't seen in a long time, and Internet was plain flaky, no integration or nothing, all i done was Install to check it out.

Uninstall and all's fine. BTW you have to click the Show Updates in Add/Remove to Uninstall. Make up your own mind if you'd rather wait cause it looks good and hope to see a release soon.