Non WHQL nVidia Forcware Drivers

GDragoN

Hi,

I have MSI nVidia FX5900XT ViVo graphic card, and I want to install MSI version of the original nVidia drivers. These are not signed as WHQL by Microsoft, and no matter if they are newer (higher version), installation procedure refuses to install them, but installs drivers that are already build into windows.

How can I trick installation to force it to install this non-WHQL drivers?

Millan

The trick to beat the WHQL signing is to put this line in your winnt.sif:

[Unattended] 
DriverSigningPolicy= "Ignore"

Although this does work for most drivers, it doesn't seem to work for videocard driver (well, not for me, i still had to accept it)

Also WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe doesn't seem to work.

I am also very earer to learn how to solve this (so I can use forceware version 77.76 instead of the crapy 77.72)

Who can help us?

give [OemInfFiles] a try.

add the following lines to WINNT.SIF

[Data]
OemDrivers=OemInfFiles

[OemInfFiles]
OemDriverFlags=1
OemDriverPathName="%SystemRoot%\OemDir"
OemInfName="driver0.inf"

edit OemDriverPathName to match the path to the drivers and modify OemInfName to correspond with the correct .INF.

let us know if you get it to work. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Dougal4263 your method doesn't work. I ended up getting widnows that doesn't even install drivers for my Geforec FX5900XT. This is with windows made with nLite 0.98. nLite 1.0 Beta 5 can;t even boot windows after changes made with your method.

I tried OEMDrivers method, and with nLite 0.98 drivers are not recognized at all. nLite 1.0 Beta 5 made windows, report loading the drivers during setup, but this windows can't even start.

I had perfectly good made windows unattended with almost 4 GB and I wanted to change from WHQL nVidia drivers to MSI drivers for my MSI graphic card, but this is a lot of problems indeed.

Any more suggestions?

Millan