Microsoft Update - Genuine Windows Validation Tool

While testing my Unattended Disc, I installed Windows Update to check to make sure my hotfixes were correctly installed... and to my suprise (no critical updates found last week, same disc) I got a new critical update, Genuine Windows Validation Tool. I installed it see what was up. I think this is part of the new M$ policy of forcibly making you validate before you get updates. Anyhow is anyone getting this on Windows Update? By the way, I have yet to integrate Windows Update, all i've done is hotfixes.

I'm looking for a method to integrate this new tool as a hotfix with svcpack.inf. If this can be accomplished, all you'd have to do is set up auto-activate to make this disappear completely.

Interesting.. I haven't seen this yet, but the only workstation I've had my hands on the last few days are VLK. I'm wondering if this is going to be limited to Pro and Home. Also curious if it will show up on the SUS and WUS products.

I'll be danged.. it is showing on US VLK. Wonder if this is something that can be directly integrated. It looks as though this does not cover Office (though Office is indeed updated through Microsoft Update).

Also, it doesn't show up on W2K servers, how about 2003 Server?

Same problem here. How can you integrate this in windows? Same way as the other hotfixes?

(now I have to find an other key too :P )

I want an unattended installation where you have the option to change the key after installation (so users can use their own key)

Same problem here. How can you integrate this in windows? Same way as the other hotfixes?

(now I have to find an other key too :P )

I want an unattended installation where you have the option to change the key after installation (so users can use their own key)

1.download KB892130

2.extract KB892130 you will have 2 files=LegitCheckControl.msi &Setup.exe

3.REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\INSTALL\Update\WGA\LegitCheckControl.msi" /f

Edited by hsu22

^^ That method is for children. get http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

that cab, take out two .DLLs and copy them to OEM dir where u have "$$" folder and then regsvr LegitCheckControl.DLL. Or u can add them directly to I386 source folder and update dosnet.inf&txtsetup.sif. that's how big boys do it.

Edited by Kamil