Make Explorer start with My Computer

jcarle

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've been looking for this for a while and happen to run into it just now somewhere on the net when I wasn't even looking.

By changing your Windows Explorer shortcut to the following, the next time you open Windows Explorer, instead of having My Documents highlighted, My Computer will be.

explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
By changing your Windows Explorer shortcut to the following, the next time you open Windows Explorer, instead of having My Documents highlighted, My Computer will be.

explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Nice :D - Useful!

That's nice info indeed. I completely forgot about these options. I seem to recall even using something like it for Windows 98.

Also, if you hit <WINDOWS KEY>+e you'll get My Computer in Explorer regardless of tweak (in XP at least, not sure other versions).

He is NOT the original but I can't find it anymore

http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_explorer_in_c_drive.htm

*"My Computer" highlighted in left side with all drives visible but not expanded and C: highlighted in right side: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,c:

*Desktop highlighted and nothing expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n,/select,/root,c:

*All drives visible and the system drive highlighted and expanded in full screen: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select

*All drives visible and the system drive expanded in small screen: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%

*Only Windows Directory visible highlighted and expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,%systemroot%

*All drives visible but only C: highlighted and expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

*Nothing expanded and My Computer highlighted in right side: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,

*Opens the Windows folder as a folder: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%

*Opens as "My Computer": %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,

*This opens the Desktop folder with "My Computer" highlighted: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,/select,

*"Desktop" highlighted in the left side and no drives visible:

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D},/select

*"My Computer" highlighted in left side and all drives visible but none expanded:

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

*"Desktop" in left side highlighted and "My Computer" highlighted in right side and no drives visible:

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

And just open to a certain drive

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,J:

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 6 years later...