Log On To Windows - Forgot Password

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, but I do not know what to do.

I cannot log on to my computer, just get a blue background with the "Log on to Windows" box, Cancel button not hightlighted (and not an option). Administrator password not working either.

Help!

You could use a brute force hack...might take a week but, if you have important files on it, it may be worth it...

Or you could get a new harddrive, set the currten drive to salve, and install Win xp on the new Drive, then access the old drive Via the new os and srag and drop the wanted files...

But if nothings on there of serious value, just format..it will be the most simple operation..

=Drew

drew, putting a passworded XP drive in another machine usually still means u cant access the files. as file encryption is usually set at the same time as the password :)

however, it might work depending. i would have put the drive in another machine then ran L0phtcrack on it and got all the passwords from the disk.

I wonder how techguys tool did... did it work?

lol guys the easyiest way i have found to unlock all that is to Simply re-install XP, this re-create's passy's and login's then u can access all the folders through the new admin account! No formating either

----

Opps! my bad guys thought we was talking about XP here not NT, but thats a tip for XP