Sysprep: User permissions afterwards

I'm faced with a possilbe dilema here in that during my Unattended XP Install in CMDLINES, I have a user account created named "deptuser" and I set Administrative privelages:

net user deptuser secretpw /add /active:yes /passwordchg:no /expires:never

net localgroup Administrators deptuser /add

net localgroup users deptuser /delete

Also, I have it modify winlogon with:

"DefaultUserName"="deptuser"

"DefaultPassword"="secretpw"

"AutoLogonCount"="1"

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

After the Unattended install of XP, the very first time, it should autologon the above user and perform the post installation of software, reboot, autologon again with above user, perform cleanup & a few other tweaks, then run sysprep:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Sysprep\sysprep.exe -reseal -quiet -mini -reboot

my sysprep.inf contains the information needed to automatically join the domain. After sysprep runs mini-setup, I think the server takes over permissions for 'deptuser' and won't let me run my final customizations and downgrade local user account 'deptuser' from "Administrators" to "Users". These final customizations I'm trying to run from cmdlines.txt in C:\sysprep\i386\$oem$

Any suggestions or ideas?

I don't understand your plan here. Why would you do an unattended install, then sysprep it? Just seems like doing double steps.

Because I am using an OEM "Master Install" Product key for the unattended install, then after everything is installed and configured, I'm using sysprep to strip the master install product key as well as the generic Machine name, so that the machine will be properly named and key'd and joined on the domain. There may be another way to do this, but this is what I've come up with so far.. I'm open to suggestions though...

So you don't want to be able to logon to the computer local as an admin?

Last time I worked at on a network setup. We got one computer setup the way we needed it, then sysprep it. We ghosted it onto all the computer in the network, then started the mini-setup.

We needed to be able to logon local. Some of our programs needed to be turned off to take their licenses.

Edited by Dustinwmew

I don't understand your plan here. Why would you do an unattended install, then sysprep it? Just seems like doing double steps.

Because I am using an OEM "Master Install" Product key for the unattended install, then after everything is installed and configured, I'm using sysprep to strip the master install product key as well as the generic Machine name, so that the machine will be properly named and key'd and joined on the domain. There may be another way to do this, but this is what I've come up with so far.. I'm open to suggestions though...

Makes sense now. You could script the name change and joinin domain part. I'm not sure on the key part, but i'm sure there is a way to do it. Might save you some steps.