Startup Movie?

Peter G

Hello guys!!

Maybe a strange question from me, but is it possible to have a small video playing when Windows XP (Pro XP1) starts up?? Just like with the Windows boot sound, but this time with a smal movie, like for instance a Pentium 4 spot or some movie sample.

So the idea is if you start Windows (XP Pro) a short movie plays (any format) on the desktop background or a movie player (which than closed after the movie finished).

Anybody any idea's??

Thank already for your thoughts!!

Greetz!

Your talking about logon aren't you

I did see a something like this it was a service i come across a while ago that allowed something like this (wasnt very good but) it only allowed .avi files and played them in a special logon screen (which you weren't able to change (i dont think)

I will try and find it for you - the site went down over a year ago when they gave up on the project.

I think it was called MovieLogon or something like that i dont know

I will try and find it for you

Also sort of on topic in windows xp setup they play a small movie before the Post Install setup thing - ive figured out how to change the background music bt wondering if anything else there can be changed.

also possible in the Logon yes, but my idea was after the Logon, just like the normal Windows Startup sound or Logon Sound, but in this case not just a sound but a movie with sound.

Thx

If you want it fullscreen, you can use Media Player Classic (formerly known as MPC).

Create a shotcut in your start menu "Startup", or use any "Reg*" key in the registry (depends on *when* you want to play it... you can also use the logon script) :

"C:\Path to MPC\MPlayerC.exe" /fullscreen /play "C:\Path to Movie\Movie.ext" /close

If you don't want it fullscreen, MPC will display it's gui :(

You can use VideoLAN Client (formerly known as VLC) instead of MPC... i've seen it non-fullscreen with no UI, but i don't use it, so i can't tell you if it's done with commandline switches, or with a custom skin...

bye

Edited by Delprat

maybe another solution if you create a flash movie file and convert to exe (create projector on flash player file menu) and put it to the startup folder.

you can close this flash automaticaly (action script) after it has been finished.

you can do a lot of things with flash! (fullscreen, sounds, etc.. what you want) i didn't try this yet, but maybe works. :)

Edited by desh

If you want it fullscreen, you can use Media Player Classic (formerly known as MPC).

Create a shotcut in your start menu "Startup", or use any "Reg*" key in the registry (depends on *when* you want to play it... you can also use the logon script) :

"C:\Path to MPC\MPlayerC.exe" /fullscreen /play "C:\Path to Movie\Movie.ext" /close

If you don't want it fullscreen, MPC will display it's gui :(

You can use VideoLAN Client (formerly known as VLC) instead of MPC... i've seen it non-fullscreen with no UI, but i don't use it, so i can't tell you if it's done with commandline switches, or with a custom skin...

bye

Hi Delprat!!

your idea works!!! The thing now is that I want it first to start when Windows is fully on, so if all programs loaded first than the movie should display. How do I do this??? I'm not really familiar with 'Reg*' keys, so please explain if this is the solution.

THX!!

Peter G, place your shortcut in Start Menu > "Startup" (current user or all users), it will run as late as possible (that is, not after all apps are ready, but after all apps are started)

And if you have others shortcuts there, try to name it something like "zzzz" (it may change something, it may not).

bye

Delprat,

I already had it in the "Startup" folder, but it runs when other programs are still starting, I would really like the movie first to start when all programs are ready.

Is that possible???

THX!!

Do you have a link to a startup manager I could use??

Did you do a Google search? You can easily find what you need on your own. I haven't used any startup managers since I don't really need them, but you can test them out and let us know which one you used.