Changelog for next release...

This is the change log so far.

Fixed forced installs bug, they now work.

Added in predefined categories.

Made the tooltips work for the User Manual button. (Thanx Blinkdt!)

Cleaned up the defaut theme .htm file some.

WPI now has the much requested category selection feature! (Thanx Blinkdt!)

More of a facelift.

Fixed a bug that was causing custom backgrounds not to be displayed. (Thanx Almulder!)

Edits in the options wizard.

Are their any wishes???

Yeah, I have one. But I know this requires a rewrite of many af the scripts, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the next release.

What I would like is a more flexible approach for the commands.

It can be done i more than one way.

One would be the OO way, but that wouldn't fix with rest of the "program".

The most simple one would be a rearranging of the command-section.

pn++
prog[pn] = 'Something';
cmds[pn] = new Array();
cmds[pn][0] = 'some_command.cmd';
cmds[pn][1] = 'DELETE %systemroot%\logon.exe'; // Not so good *G*

And so on.

The result would be a limitless number of commands, and it's actually not that much of a change.

* EDIT *

You could actually have both ways (at least at first, so people don't go frenzy *G*).

In the generate-section, just check if cmds[pn] exist, and if it does only use that for that entry.

Edited by Stalkie

Something I would like:

"Themed" selections, let me try to explain that:

Example:

You want a setup for companies that do allot of stuff with graphics so you need:

- Photoshop

- some other graphic editing tool

- another one

- etc

BUT: you also do setups for construction companies, they will need:

- AutoCAD

- WinZIP

- etc

- etc

It would be cool to have an option that automaticly selects a default number of apps for installation then. (offcourse you must be able to add or remove stuff during installation)

I know that this won't be in the next release but it's just an idea and since I don't have the skills to do it myself I'm asking those who have

I really liked all the work done so far, :thumbup and would like to share some of my thougts about improvements also :rolleyes:

We could implement a variation of the GetOsVer(), maybe GetOsVerNum() that only returns a predifined number so that we can avoid lengthy cond[pn] statements if we want to check if os is greater (meaning newer) then the required. An explample of what i mean would be the comandlinetool from Xteq.....but wy not implement it in java ? I beleave most people that actually use this funciton do not want to check for GetOSVer()='XP' but would rather prefer to search for GetOsVer()>6 ? Or am i only missing a buid in java function ? ....more used to VB

i would love to see bernr's fork with configs implemented in one of the actual versions

maybe the arraynames, for example in config.js, could be renamed a bit, before all people get used to the new fields and need to reedit them.

textl[pn] > txtl[pn]
texti[pn] > txti[pn]

to try to have them all with names not longer then 4 chars (merely optical reasons)

in case of bernr's version

configs[pn] > cfgs[pn]

I for myself am using some additional fields to later ease the update of the installation packages and maybe automate even better the config selection (bernr's version) not only taken into account computername put also OS Bits and Regional Settings:

licp[pn]=['freeware']         // license type for private use
licc[pn]=['freeware']         // license type for comercial enviroment
lico[pn]=['false']               // online registration normaly required
licd[pn]=['yes incl. mod']  // Distribution allowed
link[pn]=['URL']               // to ad to the image, textpopup with downloadlocation
plng[pn]=['EN', 'BR']        // Languages supported by program, comma separated
pbit[pn]=['32']                // compiled fore OS with xx bits
chng[pn]=['DATE']           // Date of last check/change

And to close the message one little question. When or in wich fields of the config.js am i suposed to use the single quotes around the values ? As it seems everywhere exept in ordr[pn] - right ?

Edited by chetbaker

......."Themed" selections, let me try to explain that:

Example:..........

read all three post above

i think @Ghost82 try to say that would be nice if ,

with 100..200 apps in WPI_CD , we can get there two or more

default buttons instead one , so we can choose between 2 or more preset default apps for installation .

i heard this ideea before somewhere here , and i like it to.

......."Themed" selections, let me try to explain that:

Example:..........

read all three post above

i think @Ghost82 try to say that would be nice if ,

with 100..200 apps in WPI_CD , we can get there two or more

default buttons instead one , so we can choose between 2 or more preset default apps for installation .

i heard this ideea before somewhere here , and i like it to.

I agree that the WPI_CD could get rather big (that's what DVD's are for aren't they ;)) But for a professional user this could be really handy. also the extra fields that chetbaker is suggesting could be nice! the array thing of commands is another smart thing to do because it saves the trouble of creating an extra file for the installation. (requires more diskspace)

What about an option to select how WPI detects the cd-drive?

I mean if it uses WPI.ico or WIN51. Because that is the root directory for the config and I don't have my programs in the WPI subfolder Install. PLS integrate it. If not, I have to change generate.js every time I update WPI, and for the last update, I forgot it. :(

What about an option to select how WPI detects the cd-drive?

I mean if it uses WPI.ico or WIN51. Because that is the root directory for the config and I don't have my programs in the WPI subfolder Install. PLS integrate it. If not, I have to change generate.js every time I update WPI, and for the last update, I forgot it.  :(

check the CMD file that comes with WPI, you can change things there. Just make a backup of the file after you've changed it (if needed) and then update WPI and place the file back... that should be enough, otherwise I don't get what the problem is...

check the CMD file that comes with WPI, you can change things there. Just make a backup of the file after you've changed it (if needed) and then update WPI and place the file back... that should be enough, otherwise I don't get what the problem is...

is not enough , must to change in default themes

in generate.js wpi.ico <-> win51 in 2 places .

3.6 had there win51 and dont work for me till i change with wpi.ico

and no need to change wpi.cmd .

3.6.1 and 3.6.2b have there wpi.ico , no change need here for my separate WPI_CD.