Konfabulator - Make XP get Mac OSX (Tiger) feature

prathapml

http://www.konfabulator.com/download

What Is Konfabulator?

Konfabulator is a JavaScript runtime engine for Windows and Mac OS X that lets you run little files called Widgets that can do pretty much whatever you want them to. Widgets can be alarm clocks, calculators, can tell you your WiFi signal strength, will fetch the latest stock quotes for your preferred symbols, and even give your current local weather.

What sets Konfabulator apart from other scripting applications is that it takes full advantage of today's advanced graphics. This allows Widgets to blend fluidly into your desktop without the constraints of traditional window borders. Toss in some sliding and fading, and these little guys are right at home in Windows XP and Mac OS X.

The format for these Widgets is completely open and easy to learn so creating your own Widgets is an extremely easy task.

For the "skinning" crowd, Konfabulator is a dream come true. You can easily change the look, feel, layout, even functionality of a Widget so that it matches your lifestyle, your desktop, or the pants or skirt you have on that day.

info

Hehe... you just discovered this prathapml? ;)

If you like Konfabulator, you should also check out AveDesk/SysStats. The layout is generally the same, and it's free! Also, the memory usage with SysStats is much less than Konfab. :)

AveDesk 1.3 is gonna have some really cool new features as well. For a small sneak peak at one of them, have a look at my latest screenshot.

also check out AveDesk/SysStats. The layout is generally the same, and it's free!
Someone hasn't been reading Slashdot! Yahoo is buying the program and making it free. Full article here. I'm guessing this is what prompted the original post?

I will wholeheartedly admit that I hadn't read about that. Interesting...

I still like AveDesk/SysStats a little more than Konfabulator. Having an app that uses 1.5MB of RAM vs ~20MB is more appealing for me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of including Konfabulator in my standard build, but I am a bit distressed at it's RAM usage. I had tried out several widgets and the total RAM usage was about 100MB!

Anyone know if that will be remedied later?

JP