What Are You Listening To?

techguy21801

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ramin Djawadi - Game of Thrones soundtrack

Do not look up anything related to this brutally epic film, no covers, no music titles, if you've not watched it. Spoilers are everywhere. In fantasy computer games armies and heroes also fall like flies, but it never feels so visceral that I have to look away. Another good film set in a fantasy world is "The Witcher" (2019).

Do you actually listen / watch music from YouTube? I find it a chore to find acceptable quality uploads that do justice to the piece for forum threads like these. Even if I had a modern computer I wouldn't rely on a heavy website.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, j7n said:

Do you actually listen / watch music from YouTube? I find it a chore to find acceptable quality uploads that do justice to the piece for forum threads like these.

Not much of a music person myself, but yes, though YouTube hasn't been the only source. My sound equipment is rather poor, onboard sound on an ASUS motherboard from 2008 that cost only 70€ and some relatively recent (cca. 2 years) Sony headphones that cost 30€.

I also use Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 on Windows and PulseEffects on Linux. I don't have an exact equal config, it's probably impossible since they're 2 different programs, but they seem to help making things sound better even without digging deep into the configuration.

Here be the 3 memorable (for me at least) theme tracks from Doctor Who:

2005 revival theme

Series 8 theme

The one that started it all, the original, you might say ;)

Edited by UCyborg

Ha! really cool ... :cool:

Delia Derbyshire - Frontier to Knowledge (UK 1972)

Deus Ex Machina - Walkthrough, ZX Spectrum (UK 1984)

Edited by e-t-c

8 hours ago, DragonSC7601 said:

I couldn't get the video appear here for some reason.

It normally happens automatically when you paste the link in this textbox where you write the post. It won't get embedded if you use the button to insert the link, though this is the best method when you explicitly don't want it embedded as normally, you would then have to click undo link that appears after pasting the URL.

I've had it glitch in the past, but was unable to figure out the cause. I think I either restarted the browser or opened another tab or private window.

• 2 weeks later...