98Sleek or 98Micro Unattended CD

kokiri

I got to thinking after browsing through the forums, with all this talk about running 98 on legacy machines and unattended 98 setups, why don't we bring the two concepts into one package. A 98Sleek or 98Micro Unattended CD would be superb... no, it would be bliss. Please post if anyone is interested or just has a few comments. :thumbup

Edited by kokiri

Firstly. such a thing is indeed possible. but i doubt it very much that one would be able to set up the necessary files to allow 98lite to handle uninstalls, shy of buying the corporate version.

The single user licence assumes that said user would integrate it by attended install. Still, worth the look.

W

• 2 months later...
A member of these forums has made this possible: see "Mindows Project".

All that's needed is to copy your files into place--no PID required...easily installed unattended via batch.

Hi, as the instigator of the "Mindows Project" , I am wondering just what is meant by "unattended installation." In its present form, Mindows takes about 10 minutes to install, but prompts the installer (interrupts the installation process) at a few points to enter a few keystokes, and to provide the Product Key. All these interruptions can be defeated, but it seems to me that they can be endured for the time being, if not for eternity.

Can anyone set me straight as to the meaning of "unattended" in this context?

Incidentally, the next step will be to show how to put the installer on a CD, as well as how to eliminate the need for a "clean" disk for the installation. That will be followed by copying the installation to ramdisk, and finally running Mindows in ramdisk from a boot CD.

abcxxyz

I am interested in trying this out but I don't have the necessary Win95 system files without the dreaded Explorer?

Any ideas where I can get 'em? I'm not trying to do anything illegal, but I have a legal copy of Win98SE and since the USDOJ said it's wrong to bundle IE with Windows, why do I have to pay extra for a Win95 CD that nobody even has anymore just to enforce the ruling against M$?

If anyone can provide me with a RAR or ZIP of the files, please PM me. Thanks.

No interaction beyond formating the drive. Put cd in format and go to the bathroom or eat a meal hell whatever and then when you come back you see the windows desktop ready to go.

Thanks --- Is it necessary to go the bathroom?

There is a guy working on a CD booted unattended installer. I'll get back in touch, and maybe with an augmented Mindows, we'll make this unattended gizmo a reality.