SATA Drive not found on W2K Setup

PVU

Hi all. I am trying to install Windows 2000 on a new Dell with a SATA drive. I'm using a SP4 disk. Windows setup can't find the SATA drive.

The Dell chipset is an Intel 925X. I have the latest Intel SATA (iata51_enu) folder, and chipset folder. I do not have a floppy drive, but do have another (2nd) CD ROM available.

The Intel SATA folder contains 4 or 5 files that might do the trick during the setup? The Intel Chipset folder has a number of files that might do the job - ich6ide.inf and ich7ide.inf. What is the best way to proceed? Many thanks

I've lost my appetite for XPHE.

The SP4 disk I'm using is a slipstreamed disk, but not an nLite disk. Where (what files/folder) does the Windows 2000 Setup draw drivers from? Is it the DRIVER.CAB in I386? If so, is there a program that can be used to add/subtract files from a MS CAB folder.

Or, is it an IMG file/folder in the BOOTDISK folder?

Postscript:

Many thanks for nLite/to nuhi.

I had created a slipstreamed Win2K with SP4 with WinISO. I thought the SP4 would take care of new hardware devices. It did not concerning SATA. My newer box did not have a floppy to F6 the SATA driver during Windows Setup.

Since the W2KSP4 Folder wasn't created with nLite, I had reservations about using nLite, so I tried to mannually add the Intel SATA driver. Didn't get it done.

nLite worked like a charm. Should have loaded the install disk up with drivers - nLite 1.05b does a fantastic job with drivers (at least for me dealing with Windows 2000).

Really looking forward to Gurgelmeyer's SP5a, 5.1 or 6.

I also really love Windows 2000. I ripped out XPHE. MS made 2000 too **** good. With Firefox, I plan to use it a very long time.

Thanks to the guys who pointed me to nLite.

Edited by PVU