Not getting anything when I do a /ipconfig all :(

naughtz0r

Just installed WinXP on my friends new computer. It all works fine except for the network adapter.

The network chip is a Realtek 8110c/8110s, and its integrated on a VIA K8T Neo mainboard.

We have 3 computers in the house atm all connected to our router, which is our DHCP server.

Thing is....when I start this new computer up, I dont get any IP's at all.

When I do a /ipconfig all I just get:

"Windows IP configuration"

Thats it...Normally when I cant connect to a DHCP server it will atleast tell me that my ip is some random IP and that the DNS server is 0.0.0.0 etc.

Here i get absoluty nothing

I can ping localhost...and it works fine, but thats about it. The firewall that is disabled by default in the network settings has never been enabled.

All the cables are working fine...Ive tested them and they work fine on other computer.

I dont realy know what to do.....Ive tried everything I know.....

Hope someone has a solution to this problem.

Thx for reading this.

Edit: It all looks good under "Device manager" ... No yellow warnings or anything. Says the NIC is installed and working proberly.

I had the same problem when my network card was bad. I pulled a NIC out of one of my other computers and put it in and this fixed the problem. Try adding another NIC and disabling the other one and see if you get the same results