Drivers from CD: Simple Method

a06lp

By saying that this method supports RAID drivers, do you mean that you don't need to do anything at the "press F6..." stage? Does it work with nvidia nf680 raid (if anyone happens to know)?

And is there anything that this method can/cannot do while pyron's method cannot/can do?

i've been using this method for a while already... it is a super way to intergrade driver... more and more drivers keep coming and keep bigger... this method helps a lot...

just need to ask a simple question to any expert.... of the oem copy...

how will it works if i have 2 folder drivers.... with same name abc.inf in each folder... and they are not the same driver.....

will they also work?

about raid... i already intergrate... nvidia, intel, highpoint, Jmicron, SiImage XXXX, SIS raid, Via raid.. with this method and all works like charm... =)

Each .inf are re-copy to c:\windows\inf\ as oemXX.inf an .pnf so the name isn't a problem.

The .pnf file contain the original drivers locations (x:\folder1\subfolder2\)

• 2 weeks later...
i've been using this method for a while already... it is a super way to intergrade driver... more and more drivers keep coming and keep bigger... this method helps a lot...

just need to ask a simple question to any expert.... of the oem copy...

how will it works if i have 2 folder drivers.... with same name abc.inf in each folder... and they are not the same driver.....

will they also work?

about raid... i already intergrate... nvidia, intel, highpoint, Jmicron, SiImage XXXX, SIS raid, Via raid.. with this method and all works like charm... =)

Each .inf are re-copy to c:\windows\inf\ as oemXX.inf an .pnf so the name isn't a problem.

The .pnf file contain the original drivers locations (x:\folder1\subfolder2\)

thanks man =)

• 2 months later...

[GuiUnattended]

DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"

Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I..\..\$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J Drivers.cmd)))"

If I want to install XP through the network instead of through an installation disk, what do I need to change in the above code to point the $OEM$ folder to \\server\xp\i386\$oem$

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for the method. Made some modifications for me and everything runs great. :D

I used the original method from pyron until recently. Sorrowly on my new Gigabyte P35-DS4 I had BSOD issues when installing drivers using pyron's method. Although this one isn't so much different, install works fine again. Don't know why^^.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i downloaded 9 driverpacks from HERE all of them are in 7z format only i am not understanding which method to follow for integrating drivers to xp dvd and it is have 9 .7z files plz help about this, i had not downloaded only the cpu driver pack

You need to download the DriverPacks BASE and run it and the rest will show itself.

it is unpacking all the .7z files but i want them use without extracting to save my disk space, i saw the first page it is very good but there it has only one .7z file named drivers but now i have 9 packs now, please help me is there any way to do that

• 2 weeks later...

I just started testing this instead of using driverpacks.net. Nice that I can use my own drivers now.

I'd like to know though why my nvidia forceware 169.04 (from tweakforce.com) wouldn't install properly. After all is up and running, i get a ! in device manager on the videocard, and the picture dont look so clear. Uninstalling the driver, and then reinstalling it manually fixes the issue.

Any idea whats the cause?

Also, I'm thinking of setting up an nforce chipset machine too, do nforce IDE drivers get installed?

it is unpacking all the .7z files but i want them use without extracting to save my disk space, i saw the first page it is very good but there it has only one .7z file named drivers but now i have 9 packs now, please help me is there any way to do that

Download all driverpack files, including the BASE file, into the same directory. Do not unpack any files. Next simply run the BASE file, which is an executable. That's all you need to do.

• 6 months later...

First, i would just like to say many thanks for the people involved in making this awesome driver installation method; you guys rock :thumbup

Anyway, i have a question which i would very much appreciate some help with, thanks...

I'm installing my drivers uncompressed and directly from CD, but now i have just noticed that all the driver files on my HDD is read-only marked...

This is then because i'm on Win2k, which in contrary to WinXP, dosen't automatically remove the read-only attributes when copying from CD to HDD...

So my question then, is if you guys think that it's allright to have all the driver files left as read-only on the HDD ?

I mean DLL's and SYS's and such i guess won't hurt, but as there are also CFG's and such, then i'm alittle unsure about if it's OK or not to just leave them as read-only ?

If it's not good to leave them as read-only, then i guess that i'll have to make a batchfile that runs 'attrib -h *' on all of those files from RunOnceEx, but i would rather just avoid having to do that, if you guys thinks it's OK ?

Thank's in advance.

CU, Martin.

• 4 months later...

I got a question, somebody can get me the code for a usb-stick with a letter is always U:\

The problem is i got a driverpack compressed in 1 files, called Drivers.7z, but the instalation is not work because, just work for a Cdsource, i got the win xp install from a usb-stick with a letter is U: all the time. Also the dir for the driverpack is in U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$\Drivers and for the winnt.sif is U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\I386

If somebody can help me, please, And i think the solutions is change the code in the drivers.cmd file

This is the directory tree in my usb-stick

U:

---\$WIN_NT$.~BT

----------------------\system32

---\$WIN_NT$.~LS

----------------------\$OEM$

-------------------------------\Drivers\Drivers.7z

----------------------\I386

Sorry for my english :hello::unsure::blushing:

• 3 weeks later...

help, if anyone reads this - I have burned around 10 dvds trying to get this method to work. I am a newbie and this so tell me everything in plain english. The drivers will not install; I have it setup to do a clean format - do you see anything else wrong? Also do I need a copy of the winnt.sif and winnt.exe in the system32 folder?

Here is what my winnt.sif looks like and it is located under my the I386 folder which is located at the same folder as $OEMS$:

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated= No

UnattendedInstall= Yes

AutomaticUpdates= Yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition = yes

UnattendSwitch=yes

WaitForReboot=No

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"

Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%I$OEM$) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J Drivers.cmd)))"

[userData]

ProductKey=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

FullName="unknown"

OrgName="mine"

ComputerName=*

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=75

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnatteded=Yes

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff=YES

DefaultThemesOff=YES

Also do I need a copy of the winnt.sif and winnt.exe in the system32 folder?

System32 ??? If you meant I386, then you just need to add WINNT.SIF to I386.

Here is what my winnt.sif looks like and it is located under my the I386 folder which is located at the same folder as $OEMS$:

Unless that was a typo, then there's your problem... In the root you should have a folder named $OEM$ and not $OEMS$...

If it was a typo, then check that you have your drivers in either '$OEM$\Drivers' or '$OEM$\Drivers.7z' and that each driver folder has atleast 1 inf file...