Win2k3 Firewall

Hello Everyone,

If this question is asked before, forgive me :) as i am just posting after having a lookin in software hangout.

Question is : will norton personal firewall work with Windows server 2003??

Also, which cd writing utility will work with win2k 3?

thanks and regards

Mutahir

Norton Personal Firewall is really a client application.

Therefore it will not work for Server 2003.

If you take a look at symantec.com, you'll see that NPF 2005 is compatible with the following platforms: Windows XP Home/XP Pro/2000 Pro/Me/98

If you're looking for a server 2003-compatible Firewall, you could choose for

Symantec Enterprise Firewall.

Some Features:

Provides proactive security and protects the network against blended threats, by default.

Full Application Inspection technology enables the inspection of data deep inside packets passing through the security gateway, providing enterprise-class protection for both application- and network-level attacks

NEW! Web-based Security Gateway Management Interface (SGMI) enables administrators to easily deploy and configure local and remote security gateways from any Web-enabled system (using Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Netscape® Navigator 7.0 or higher)

NEW! Advanced Management capabilities enable a wide range of advanced management and reporting capabilities via a centralized management console, simplifying the task of managing network security for hundreds of security gateways

NEW! State sharing between High Availability/Load Balancing cluster nodes maintain Firewall and VPN sessions that extend the software's scalability and eliminate network downtime

NEW! Extensive platform support, now including Windows Server 2003

NEW! Symantec Client VPN provides enhanced wireless support, UDP Encapsulation support, and securely extends networks with ProxySecured, IPSec-compliant integrated Virtual Private Networking (VPN)

To burn CD / DVD, the most common apps. will be (or any time soon) able to burn on the 2003 platform.

From my own experience, NERO 6.X works just fine !

Well, actually you can install it on 2003...

If you grab application toolkit from MS you can emulate XP and install any app that is supposed not to install on 2003 server.

I would not recommend that if it were for a AV but as for FW's and other apps I don't see any problems.

Good Luck! :)

you can take a look to outpost firewall which is a really nice option ;)

works perfectly under win2k3 :)

Yes, I use Outpost myself...can't stand those FW that are "in the same bed as MS".

With that I mean letting through way to much stuff that I prefer not get out.

Outpost is the best, no question about it.