Longhorn has been named

BizTalk

I actually don't mind it too much. Think about it from a consumer perspective. The word is uplifting and bright - a good marketing scheme there by Microsoft.

And the problem with numbers/dates is that you know how old it is. Do you really think that people would still be buying XP today if it was called Windows 2001-SP2? Kinda makes you realize that it's 4 years old more than Windows XP does.

Microsoft is over a year behind on the 64-bit front compared to Linux.

What do MS users get instead? Fancy UI widgets promised for 2006? 3D minesweeper? Tabbed browsing?

I refuse to buy a $300 coaster and the right to phone MS up 10 times. I'm going to continue using and developing with FREE 64-bit linux OS, office suites, and development software.

Asta la vista, Microsoft.

It's amazing, you people are going at it just because of a name, the name has nothing to do with the OS, its just a marketing strategy, more people will buy a OS named Vista than one named Longhorn.

Of course geeks won't like it, geeks would prefer it to be called W32.6.0 or something like that, face it, its marketing, who cares about the users, if they buy it and agree with the EULA what is there for them to complaint??

It just seems like one of those Linux vs. Windows threads, if you hate it enough not to use it then don't, who cares.

The thing I don't like about Windows Vista is that it will be the start of the new trend in Operating Systems where copy protection schemes will be initiated at a hardware level.

I'm holding onto my copy of XP for as long as I can.