about dual booting

hermit

thx thx man~!~!~!!!

ok i will see if system commander supports ntfs...and try to change it from there.....cuz system commander got an undo feature..

so aside from lilo , do u know any good boot manager?

system commander doesn't support xp....

so u ever tried boot magic?

is it good?

can u do a screenshot of the boot screen of boot magic if u haf it

thx man

Guest LouCypher

I've used the boot manager from BeOS, LILO, Boot Magic, and and old copy of System Commander. I've always preferred the ones that came with a particular operating system, and currently use LILO to choose between Slackware and XP.

Between Boot Magic and System Commander I'd pick Boot Magic, but I'm not very familair with the latest versions of either. It's also been awhile since I've had BeOS on my box.

From what I can see in your BOOT.INI, XP has taken your system by the balls and squeezing hard whispers "BOOT ME NOW !!"......

Ah no, seriously, it looks to me that even though you haven't performed an upgrade, XP thinks you have, by fast detecting your previous OS and booting from there, since both your target drives are set to C:. Can you see the second partition in Windows ??

That might help.....

if XP is running fine and all your hardware works, why have 98 on the pc at all? wipe it all off and start afresh! :) be faster... less hassle, easyier to reformat in future too. lazy? well... its probably the only time you should have to do it for ages and ages, be worth it in the end