Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

for me by using vista legacy driver driver found out...

this happen

What happened exactly? The attached pic is not very informative.

Please give me some more informations about your config - I am not a clairvoyant.

Did you try the WHQL method too? If not, why not?

yup using the whql method by pyron...

the driver and sata driver can be install well and windows will use it...

but the driver cause mydocument have 2 there/ c: and d: popup and no way to remove it unless update the sata driver to old nforce 3 sata or microsoft ide... it will gone...

wonder if does your guys have 2 my docu too? using nlite one?

yup using the whql method by pyron...

the driver and sata driver can be install well and windows will use it...

but the driver cause mydocument have 2 there/ c: and d: popup and no way to remove it unless update the sata driver to old nforce 3 sata or microsoft ide... it will gone...

wonder if does your guys have 2 my docu too? using nlite one?

Now I realized what you meant.

No, I have never seen 2x "My Documents" within the "SendTo" folder.

Have you tried to delete one of them?

Search for the folder "SendTo" (you have to show invisible/hided folders by "folder options" > "view").

Edited by Fernando 1

lol cannot find them is the problem =)

reupdate myself the driver to vista legacy... they coming back... lol

This issue has another reason. A driver has no influence on how many entries are done into the Windows folder "SendTo".

Search for the folder, delete the second entry "My Documents", but do not install old drivers to get the same effect.

going crazy... use microsoft ide it gone..

use nvraid driver even old one they are coming back......... =.=

install use vmware there are not there cause not using nvraid driver for vmware.... will u have c: or d: at sendto ?

1. You can always replace the NVIDIA nForce P-ATA (=IDE s/w) driver by the MS Standard IDE driver, but you can not replace any other nForce IDE driver (as S-ATA or RAID) by an MS driver.

2. The SendTo folder is a hidden folder you have within each partition where an Operating System is installed. It does not depend on a drive letter.

looks like i found the problem...

answer is no problem... nvdia ide act like that... i use only one drive maybe cause it... and you are using raid..

ask my friend that install nvdia ide / windows normal... also gave him the same 2 my documents as i am troubleshooting about... lol

thanks for keep replying fernando.... =.=

looks like i found the problem...

answer is no problem... nvdia ide act like that... i use only one drive maybe cause it... and you are using raid..

Congratulations, that you have found at least the solution for your problem.

You should have read the first post of this thread:

Annex for users with a non-Raid nForce RAID system

Although this guide is not designed for you, I will give you some informations:

• Windows XP SP2 should be able to detect SATA drives without any 3rd party drivers. So normally there is no reason to hit F6 or to integrate the nForce SATA drivers as TEXTMODE drivers.
  • Nevertheless it is possible and useful to integrate the nForce SATA drivers into an nLited CD. The way is simple: Just integrate the content of the SATA_IDE subfolder of the actual nForce chipset driver package, which is designed for the special nForce SATA chipset of your mainboard (look at NVIDIA's driver page). This PnP driver integration is very easy with nLite. Just click at one of the INF files you find within the SATA_IDE folder, it doesn't matter which one.
  • If your SATA drives are not detected at the beginning of the OS installation, you should make sure, that your SATA ports are enabled within BIOS.
  • Some mainboards (for example ASUS ones) have no SATA, but SATARAID ports. Have a look into your mainboard manual, if you have to enable SATA and RAID within your BIOS, even when you have not built a RAID array.

hi there, i've just tried about 23+ times without success... i have a MSI k8Neo3F Nforce4-4X with AMD64 2800+, socket 754, Supertalent 1GB RAM DDR400, a ATi Radeon X600 with 256mb Pci-ex, and (pay attention) 1 HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 120gb SATA on channel 1, and 1 Hitachi HDS728080PLAT20 80GB PATA133 HDD alone on primary as master, both in RAID0 mode and "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A DVD-RW DL (LG)", i've been using WinXP SP2 with the provided g72-NVSA041 floppy drive for a long time, and i start to trying out to integrate the RAID/SATA drivers into my "Windows uE v5 CD" without success... the system recognizes the RAID0 on text mode, and when on GUI mode the systems installs normally, but just after shows a light blue screen after the GUI part, the systems restarts itself and NEVER AGAIN BOOT... i use a DVD-RW because i have wasted too many CD-R... i have tried the nvraid drivers from 6.53 to 8.22 and got the same problem again and again.... i have read the 58 pages of this forum and tried virtually everithing..... ehmm HEEEEEEELLPPPPPP PLEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEE... :wacko::blink::blink:

Greetings :hello:

Fernando Moreno from Venezuela

i have a MSI k8Neo3F Nforce4-4X with AMD64 2800+, socket 754, Supertalent 1GB RAM DDR400, a ATi Radeon X600 with 256mb Pci-ex, and (pay attention) 1 HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 120gb SATA on channel 1, and 1 Hitachi HDS728080PLAT20 80GB PATA133 HDD alone on primary as master, both in RAID0 mode and "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A DVD-RW DL (LG)", i've been using WinXP SP2 with the provided g72-NVSA041 floppy drive for a long time, and i start to trying out to integrate the RAID/SATA drivers into my "Windows uE v5 CD" without success... the system recognizes the RAID0 on text mode, and when on GUI mode the systems installs normally, but just after shows a light blue screen after the GUI part, the systems restarts itself and NEVER AGAIN BOOT... i use a DVD-RW because i have wasted too many CD-R... i have tried the nvraid drivers from 6.53 to 8.22 and got the same problem again and again.... i have read the 58 pages of this forum and tried virtually everithing.....
Hi Fernando,

your RAID configuration (a combination of SATA and PATA and a mixture of different HDD's of different manufacturers) is quite unusual and might be the reason for your problems.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to help you.

If you want a working RAID configuration, I would suggest to buy a second Seagate SATA hdd and build a new RAID array.

By the way: There is no need to read all pages of this thread, everything important is layed down within the first post.

Good luck!

Fernando

@ everyone who needs help regarding the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers:

Because of a 5-week holiday trip I will not be able to support this thread until 15th October.

After my return I will be back again here and help where I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this system successfuly on the M2NPV-CSM and the M2NPV-VM motherboards in order to get a bootable striped SATA II raid. Absolutely no issues with the CSM.

However, when I integrate the WHQL raid drivers into XP Pro SP2 using the new method, I have a little problem. XP installs perfectly. However, I cannot load the audio drivers. XP is conviced that the sound card described in the drivers is not on the computer. All other drivers install without a hitch. I know that there is no issue with the sound card, as I am able to load the drivers fine if I install a non-nlited XP on a PATA drive.

I also tried the other methods of integrating the raid drivers. However, they all result in blue screens of death.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How can I install Windows Vista RC1 from Windows XP using the new your "Brandnew method".

Shouldn't Windows Vista asks for a RAID driver during the installation? or not?

Another question, why did you proposed the use of nVidia version 6.85 and not 6.86?

UPDATE:

OK, I installed the OS using your new method. There weren't any endless reboots BUT, however, the system booting is extremely (VERY VERY) slow and I found that Windows has defined the "Primary IDE Channel" which I disabled from the BIOS and I found something for the first time "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller".

What do you think is going on?

BTW, I'm using an nForce4 motherboard with 2 SATA hard disk as RAID0 and 1 PATA DVD Writer as a "Slave" of the "Secondary Channel".

Drivers used: 6.86

Edited by BelowSky