Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Is there a way to integrate the 6.67 with nLite AND using the BTS driver packs (or some of them) without breaking the install? (f.e. by manually re-adding some lines in TXTSETUP after BTS integration has finished maybe?)
I have never tried this.

Ask Bashrat the Snaky himself. He is the expert concerning the BTS driver packs.

I have a Gigabyte K8N Pro SLI board and a Athlon64 X2 3800+ CPU(s). I tried the nLite generated CD, and it did not work for me.

In the end, I installed Xp 64 onto a regular IDE drive, then installed the raid driver, and then xcopy'ed (with /s/e/y/c/h options) everything onto the raid partition over an installation that would crash on bootup.

Then I ran "repair" from the nLite CD. That allowed me to boot into the raid installation, although with problems (e.g., system restore was gone, screen display would not do clear type font, etc.). Then I used a backup of the IDE installation to restore the system state under the RAID installation.

The xcopy cannot seem to be replaced with a restore. Restored results were not repaired successfully.

Now I have a nice and stable installation on the RAID partition. It's been running for less than 24 hours, but I have not seen any errors in the event log yet.

I have a Gigabyte K8N Pro SLI board and a Athlon64 X2 3800+ CPU(s). I tried the nLite generated CD, and it did not work for me.

In the end, I installed Xp 64 onto a regular IDE drive,.........

This is the thread for the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers into the 32-Bit OS Windows XP. If you really want to install Windows XP x64, you should discuss your problems within the XPx64 thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=352404

If you want help, you should give some more informations:

What did not work for you?

What happened during the install?

At which point of the installation did it happen?

Did Windows Setup recognize your hard drives or your Raid correctly?

Do you have a Raid array or only Sata drives?

Which drivers (version and subfolder) did you integrate as textmode drivers?

Small question:

I managed to integrate these drivers perfectly (6.67) with nLite 1.0RC1, but as I'm a big fan of the BTS driverpacks, I wanted to add these packs to my cd. I did think integrating the masstorage drivers and the chipset drivers might mess up the installation, so I chose _not_ to integrate these packs.

However, when using the install cd I got an error message very quickly stating nvataraid.sys was missing. So I guess I shouldn't have integrated these packs.

Is there a way to integrate the 6.67 with nLite AND using the BTS driver packs (or some of them) without breaking the install? (f.e. by manually re-adding some lines in TXTSETUP after BTS integration has finished maybe?)

I hope BTS is able to tackle the problem with his (masstorage or chipset-)pack himself, because they are really priceless - my cd's however turn up worthless when I use them on an nForce4-platform :(

THX in advance!

Zl.

Hm... please post your problem in detail in the DriverPack MassStorage forum! ;)

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

On my EP-9NPA+ Ultra, with 2 Hitachi T7k250 160MB drives in raid0, and the 6.67 driver it works great! What also worked:

Unpack the 6.67 driver, copy the contents of the legacy dir to a floppy, go into sata_ide dir and copy the nvata.cat to the same floppy, go into the sataraid dir and copy the nvraid.cat to the same floppy. Then use the F6 method to load the raid drivers.

Thanks a lot Fernando! I had given up hope on the drivers later then 6.53.

Edited by StingRay_NL

I have an nForce3 250GB mobo and I wanna install Windows XP Pro SP2, should I just stick to the 5.10 chipset driver that are on the nvidia homepage or install the very latest chipset driver?

In the case of the latter which would that be?

Take the SataRaid drivers from the chipset driver package 6.67 (LEGACY folder) and the other drivers (SMBus, GART etc.) from the package 5.10.

OK, but why not take the other drivers from 6.67 as well?
Because the chipset driver packages 6.66 and 6.67 are not designed for nForce3 chipsets. You can see it, when you have a look onto the the drivers included. The GART driver, which is necessary for nForce3 boards, is missing in both packages.

Nevertheless you can use the nForce SataRaid drivers from the package 6.66 and 6.67 for nForce3 systems. They are much better than the ones from the package 5.10.

If you want to see the latest usable nForce3 chipset drivers, look here:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/latest-dri...-3-vt60240.html

CU

Fernando

Hello MSFN people, total newbie here :(

I have an Asus A8n-sli premuim motherboard (Nforce 4 chipset). I wish to install windows xp sp2 onto a RAID0 striped array (2xWD raptor 36 gig 10k rpm) to be used as my boot drive. I have tried without success the f6/floppy method and am also unsuccessful using the Nlite method as described by Fernando 1.

My BIOS is rev 1005 board revision 1.02

I have a new original copy of XP pro sp2.

I copied the contents of the a8n sli premuim driver cd to a new folder (nforce4).

I copied the contents of the XP pro sp2 cd to a folder (winxpsp2) and pointed nlite to its location.

I selected integrate drivers from the nlite menu options.

I went to the subdirectory LEGACY (from the driver cd folder) and chose the two files there as textmode.

I selected create ISO

I burned the ISO to a cd

The ISO cd loads ok but I still get the blue stop error screen.

I suspect that I am not doing the Nlite method correctly because I notice the xp install loading the scsi drivers after seeing it load my nvraid drivers. I am getting a blue stop error screen.

Questions.

How can I keep windows from loading these drivers over the top of my non WHQL-certified drivers?

I see the setup is loading files (nvidia raid class storage driver) and (nvidia storage class driver?) loading on the bottom of the screen, this is the textmode right?

If I select remove (windows) drivers from the nLite menu which drivers should I remove?

I'm probably in over my head here, but I was able to install this OS on the deluxe version of this board a couple months ago after some effort. Maybe I got lucky. I never registered this copy because I knew I would be getting this (premuim) version mobo.

This has probably been answered numerous times before but I cant seem to find the solution.

I searched the new ISO cd and did not find nvatabus.inf. Do I need to make a folder named OEMDIR that contains all the .inf flies for the nvraid drivers? If so, should I put this folder in the i386 folder? I thought nLite collected all files in the driver directory I pointed it to when I assigned the textmode drivers (IDE\WinXP\legacy)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

Edited by new2slipstreaming

I have an Asus A8n-sli premuim motherboard (Nforce 4 chipset). I wish to install windows xp sp2 onto a RAID0 striped array (2xWD raptor 36 gig 10k rpm) to be used as my boot drive. I have tried without success the f6/floppy method and am also unsuccessful using the Nlite method as described by Fernando 1.

My BIOS is rev 1005 board revision 1.02

Hi Chuck,

more interesting than your mainboard BIOS version is the version of your NVIDIA Raid BIOS (look onto the second bootscreen).You may need v. 4.84, if you want to install the new nForce Raid drivers.

Questions:

I see the setup is loading files (nvidia raid class storage driver) and (nvidia storage class driver?) loading on the bottom of the screen, this is the textmode right?

If I select remove (windows) drivers from the nLite menu which drivers should I remove?

I searched the new ISO cd and did not find nvatabus.inf.

Do I need to make a folder named OEMDIR that contains all the .inf flies for the nvraid drivers? If so, should I put this folder in the i386 folder? I thought nLite collected all files in the driver directory I pointed it to when I assigned the textmode drivers (IDE\WinXP\legacy)

Answers:

1. Right!

2. You may remove all IDE Bus Drivers within the section "Hardware Support", but normally this is not necessary with nLite 1.0 RC1.

3. If you have integrated the LEGACY subfolder during textmode driver integration, you will find all files of this folder within the I386\NLDRV folder of your ISO CD, but the files are compressed (NVATABUS.INF is named NVATABUS.IN_).

4. No, there is no need to create a special OEMDIR directory, when you use nLite 1.0 RC1.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Thanks for the help Fernando 1. I finally realised why I was having trouble installing Windows.

I was using my SATA Plextor dvd drive on the SI controller. I had to throw in an 'old' IDE optical drive to get windows to install.

I should have remembered this from last time...

nLite rocks!

Hi all,

I am having extreme problems with trying to get Windows setup to detect my raid array although I have had it working fine in the past by manually hacking txtsetup.sif with the same entries I did before.

It tells me setup cannot find any disks, so obviously something isnt going right at the moment, and Ive tried different ways.

Using nlite before reading this thread, and that didnt work. Manually doing it with hacking txtsetup.sif and I have used a few different versions users have reported and still no go.

I am using an Nforce3 DFI Lanparty 250GB UT board so the drivers I am using are obviously not the same as you with the nforce4. So I thought it would be a good idea, after you have researched quite abit into this - If I ask you to go over what im planning to do, as from reading the thread, the driver layout of the nforce3 drivers are different.

Today (2nd Nov) new nforce3 WHQL drivers were released, as per:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11

So I thought being as its WHQL it would be best to use these, and the driver layout is as follows:

Untitled-1.jpg

as you can see, the files seem to be all in one folder, do I have to seperate them out (I.e look into the infs and find what files it needs, and put the Raid and ATA controller into seperate folders).

The Raid bios version is 4.52 and im pretty sure this is the latest version I can get, as I have the latest beta bios for this board.

Any help greatly appreciated :D