Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Vista installed and runs fine. I'm on it now.
If you are satisfied with this OS now - especially after having it compared with XP - you should stick to Vista.
I don't really see how the CD/DVD is making any problems.
The special SATA modes AHCI and RAID were not designed for being used with optical drives. Many users reported about minor or bigger problems with their optical drives as long as they were connected to any SATA port, which was set to "AHCI Mode" (or "RAID mode"), even with Vista. But maybe you are lucky and have a built-in SATA connected optical drive, which works fine even with an AHCI mode data connection.
Ok, XP Setup PE Installation detected both drives on both of my attempts, but it said that my 80 GB was not a compatible XP partition (toyed around deleting the partition n'such). I thought ****, rebooted and tried again and it installed on my 80GB. Windows booted up for the first time, but 3 secs of the bootscreen and BOOM Blue screen error. So then I used a different driver on another burnt CD and installed again. This time it just wouldn't let me install on the 80GB given that it's not an "XP compatible partition" so I installed on the 500GB (which I wanted to use for Media, etc.) but the same scenario as the first ran thru.

And you think it's my DVD drive? :-\

I have no other explanation for the BSOD's you got. Error messages you get while installing any OS are often misleading. So it is not sure, that the 80 GB partition really was not compatible with XP. On the other hand I was not sitting in front of your computer and not even behind you while you prepared the XP installation.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck for you!

Fernando

Fernando 1 it works form me and the Gigabyte driver is iven better in configuration that the one i have with asus.

But i have (i think soo) one problem.

When i am trying to reboot system:

- system says hes closeing

- in the same time he turns off my hdd

- (restart)

- turns on my hdd again

i have this situation first time on reboot...

i don't know if this a drive problem (of integrated nforce driver) or the system.

@ loopb:

The nForce IDE drivers v10.1.0.28 seem to be one of the fastest NVIDIA has ever released, but they have this annoying spin-down/spin-up issue at each reboot (as all other IDE drivers of the v10.1.0.xx series). If you don't like it at all, you should do an update of the nForce IDE drivers.

You may take the nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42, which are part of NVIDIA's 15.23/15.24 driver sets, but this way you will get a worse performance.

Alternatively you may look here for a better solution.

... they have this annoying spin-down/spin-up issue at each reboot (as all other IDE drivers of the v10.1.0.xx series).

Oh, I did't know that =.=

If you don't like it at all, you should do an update of the nForce IDE drivers.

yep, mayby scared a little but if it's ok they can stay :] i will live with that.

I have read that the Ethernet drivers don't work perfectly. That's the second of my problem, pages are rendering slowly but mayby it's eset smart security fault.

By the way i have asus p5n73-cm motherboard, seagate 320gb/16mb ncq drive and 2x1gb kingstone cl4 hiperx memory. How can i check the disk usage on those integrated sata drivers? I mean which program to use (mayby i will compare the drivers...hmmm)?

Thanks for all answers ans sorry for english of couse (it's not soo good)

I got mine to work!!! YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I added more Dell Drivers from the site, switched my HDDs (physically), didn't automate installation

Apparently it worked. I'm happy. Thanks for time and patience.

I have read that the Ethernet drivers don't work perfectly. That's the second of my problem, pages are rendering slowly but mayby it's eset smart security fault.
The ESET Antivirus really has an impact on the internet performance. I am using Avast, which doesn't take much resources.

Which nForce Ethernet driver are you running? The v67.80 and v67.89 seem to be fine.

By the way i have asus p5n73-cm motherboard, seagate 320gb/16mb ncq drive and 2x1gb kingstone cl4 hiperx memory. How can i check the disk usage on those integrated sata drivers? I mean which program to use (mayby i will compare the drivers...hmmm)?
Take HDTach or Everest. If you are interested in a comparison of different nForce IDE drivers, you may look here.
I got mine to work!!! YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I added more Dell Drivers from the site, switched my HDDs (physically), didn't automate installation

Apparently it worked. I'm happy.

Fine, that you succeeded at least. This makes me happy too.

Cheers

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

:no: Hola a todos quiero comentar un problema que tengo con nlite, tengo una laptop asus con cpu T5750 con chipset Nvidia nforce MCP79, con Windows vista instalado. He hecho un disco de xp con los controladores AHCI de nForce_SATA_IDE_103042_for_XP_32bit_WHQL. cuando instalo el XP en Modo Sata se instala bien y funciona perfectamente en modo sata, pero cuando instalo en modo AHCI cambiando el modo en la bios.el disco generado con nlite detecta el disco duro y me deja instalarlo, pero al reiniciarse para completar la instalacion salta la pantalla azul. de que no encuentra disco. Alguna sugerencia?

Hello everyone I want to comment on a problem I have with nlite, I have a laptop with asus T5750 CPU with Nvidia nforce MCP79 chipset, with Windows Vista installed. I have xp disk with the drivers of AHCI nForce_SATA_IDE_103042_for_XP_32bit_WHQL. when you install XP in Safe mode Sata installs and runs perfectly well in SATA mode, but when I install AHCI mode in changing the way the disk bios.el generated with nlite detects the hard drive and install it leaves me, but at the restart to complete the Installation jumps the blue screen. that can not find disc. Any suggestions?

@ pamelachuda:

Is your optical drive (CD/DVDROM) a SATA one? If yes, is it connected with any of the NVIDIA S-ATA Controllers? If yes, you got a problem, because optical drives usually do not work with S-ATA Controllers, which are set to "AHCI Mode".

Solution: Either you should connect the CD/DVD device with an "IDE Mode" running non-NVIDIA SATA Controller (if available on your mainboard) or replace the SATA connection of your optical drive by an IDE one.

pamelachuda I have this problem when I try to Install my XP; SATA ASUS DVD-RAM > SEAGATE HDD SATA with enable AHCI mode on DVD and HDD. It install but in the first start I had a blue screen.

I nLited the nForce AHCI drivers and instals with IDE DVD. Works fine.

The HDD (port 0) and DVD (port 1) works on AHCI driver (in widnows show ASCI on both drives).

added: MPC73

Edited by loopb

ThanK you. Fernando. In the bios there are two ways to put the modo.cuando is placed in defaults of the bios is set to SATA ENHANCED and has since AHCI0 in the hard disk and CD / DVDROM in AHCI1. In this way I can start the hearing that the windows came with the laptop. in order to use the xp what I have to change the bios to SATA COMPATIBLE. here puts SATA0 as the hard disk and CD / DVDROM as SATA1. AHCI mode when it leaves me to install the OS XP, it recognizes the hard disk and can start installing XP, the problem comes when you restart to complete installation, no longer recognizes the hard disk (I guess that is), jumps the blue screen error 0x0000007b

Thanks Loopb. I built a nlite with Nvidia drivers AHCI. I thought that when you install XP, by default picked up the hard disk in AHCI mode and the cd / dvd-rom ide mode. apparently not so. I do not know how to do that from the nlite. You can tell as you did.

Thanks Loopb. I built a nlite with Nvidia drivers AHCI. I thought that when you install XP, by default picked up the hard disk in AHCI mode and the cd / dvd-rom ide mode. apparently not so. I do not know how to do that from the nlite. You can tell as you did.
He replaced the SATA connected optical drive by an IDE connected one (just for doing a successful XP installation).

It may seem a stupid question, but i still can't figure out what driver package would be the best for my A8N-SLI Premium in Raid 0 (nForce 4 AMD SLI). I know that drivers from "Fernandos_XP_32bit_NF4-5_Remix_Pack_v5.3.zip"/sataraid and sta_ide folders works, but not drivers from "Fernandos_XP_32bit_NF4-7_Performance_Pack_v5.0b.zip" folders, and from the name of it, i believed i could use it. Don't be offended but some spots are still blurry for me, despite all your efforts to make it clean and easy.

Anyway, great thanks and congratulations for your ever usefull work, you should be paid by krosoft an nouidia.