Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Hey, thanks so much for the tutorial!

I have a question: which one of them should i download for a common XP CD that should cover all the drivers?

I mean the same method as in the Intel thread:

For users, who don't know the specific Intel SATA Controller of their system, or want to create a Windows XP CD, which may be usable with different hardware configurations:

which one of them should i download for a common XP CD that should cover all the drivers?
There is no nForce IDE driverpack available, which will support all nForce SATA/AHCI/RAID systems.

You will have the best chances, if you integrate >these< drivers (for older=LEGACY mode nForce chipsets) or >these< drivers (for newer nForce chipsets from MCP51 up), but none of them will support MCP65-67 systems or any nForce chipset system running in AHCI mode.

If you want to create a Windows XP CD, which can be used with nearly all nForce chipsets and their SATA configuration (IDE/AHCI/RAID), you should not use nLite, but the tool named "DriverPacks Base" (look >here<) and integrate the newest "DriverPacks Mass Storage" set.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

If you want to create a Windows XP CD, which can be used with nearly all nForce chipsets and their SATA configuration (IDE/AHCI/RAID), you should not use nLite, but the tool named "DriverPacks Base" (look >here<) and integrate the newest "DriverPacks Mass Storage" set.

That's exactly what I want. Will those cover the Intel drivers too?

Yes!

Regards

Fernando

Yes!

Regards

Fernando

Thank you very much! You guys in this forum are the best ^^

Edited by georgik57

No problem ^^

Forgot to say in the previous post...that site only has support for XP x86...I need for x64 too.

Also, I need the same kind of drivers pack for network too. What do you recommend?

Forgot to say in the previous post...that site only has support for XP x86...I need for x64 too.
That's right, there are no driverpacks for Windows XP x64.

So it will be impossible to create a Windows XP x64 CD, which will work with all Pata/Sata Controllers running in RAID or AHCI mode.

The only alternative is to use nLite and to integrate some 64bit textmode drivers for the most common RAID and AHCI Controllers into the XP x64 CD, but the risk of an installation failure will be great.

Also, I need the same kind of drivers pack for network too. What do you recommend?
For Windows XP you may use the DriverPacks method and integrate the actual "DriverPacks LAN" package (look >here<).

Regarding Windows XP x64 you may try nLite, but it will be hard to find the suitable drivers for the big variety of Ethernet Controllers.

Regards

Fernando

That's right, there are no driverpacks for Windows XP x64.

So it will be impossible to create a Windows XP x64 CD, which will work with all Pata/Sata Controllers running in RAID or AHCI mode.

The only alternative is to use nLite and to integrate some 64bit textmode drivers for the most common RAID and AHCI Controllers into the XP x64 CD, but the risk of an installation failure will be great.

I wanted to try your driver packs...I saw you have support for 64bit too...Won't that work? Why is the install failure risk so high? :/

For Windows XP you may use the DriverPacks method and integrate the actual "DriverPacks LAN" package (look >here<).

Regarding Windows XP x64 you may try nLite, but it will be hard to find the suitable drivers for the big variety of Ethernet Controllers.

So that means I may as well as abandon it?

I wanted to try your driver packs...I saw you have support for 64bit too...Won't that work?
It will work, if you just integrate the one and only correct textmode driver for an individual hardware configuration, but it may not work, if you integrate a mixture of several textmode drivers and enable a big variety of different AHCI and RAID Controllers from different vendors.

Nevertheless you may try it. Here you can find links to some common 64bit textmode drivers for Windows XP x64:

EDIT:

If you want to integrate AHCI/RAID drivers for JMicron or Marvell Controllers into a Windows XP x64 CD, you can find approproate driver links within the start post of >this< German language thread (you will find the driver links without any problem).

Why is the install failure risk so high?
Because the intensive hardware detection and selection of the appropriate driver takes place within the second (GUIMODE) part of the OS installation, whereas the hdd/SSD detection has to be done within the first (=TEXTMODE) part of the OS installation. You can integrate so many different PnP drivers you want - the OS Setup will only accept the correct ones, but if you integrate a wrong textmode driver or enable a wrong AHCI/RAID Controller during the integration procedure, you may get a BSOD.

Furthermore the textmode drivers may be overwritten during the integration procedure, if you integrate more than 1 driver with the same name (e.g. iaStor.sys).

Regarding Windows XP x64 you may try nLite' date=' but it will be hard to find the suitable drivers for the big variety of Ethernet Controllers.[/quote']So that means I may as well as abandon it?
No, you can integrate as many 64bit Ethernet drivers as you want or find. There is no risk of an OS installation failure, because the LAN drivers are PnP ones and will be sorted out within the GUIMODE part of the OS installation.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

• 1 month later...

@ all visitors of this thread:

Today I have slightly updated the start post of this thread.

Here is the Changelog:

• updated: modded 32/64bit "Actual nForce Driverpacks for XP" (now v9.0)
  • updated: modded 32/64bit "Non-AHCI nForce Performance Packs for XP" (now v9.0)
  • updated: modded 32/64bit "Special MCP65-67 nForce Driverpacks for XP" (actual: v9.0)
  • updated: modded 32/64bit "nForce LEGACY Remix Packs" (now v9.0)
  • changed: all download links (now all files are hosted on a quick ftp server)

Any feedback is recommended.

Regards

Fernando

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I have an old pc and i got a SSD sandisk 128g the read/write speeds is not that good well better then HDD but still low.
My Motherboard is Asus M2N68-AM PLUS, I heard something about ACHI, TRIMS, etc, Well in Bios i can not find AHCI i have 3 options on IDE Configuration and that is
1)IDE Controllers
2)Serial -ATA Divices
3) nVidia Raid Function
I am runing Windows 7 x64
Can you please help me and tell me what can i do? Thank you

Edited by supercalm

@ supercalm:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

As you already have realized, an nForce chipset mainboard is not the best basis to get the best possible performance of an SSD.

This is what I recommend to do:

1. Enter the BIOS and set the nForce Controller to "IDE" mode.

2. Don't install any NVIDIA nForce SATA driver and let Win7 x64 use the generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.

This is the only way to get TRIM support, which will enhance the lifespan of your SSD and will prevent a sudden performance breakdown.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks alot for the welcome man! Thanks for your reply aswell!!
WHen i got the ssd i was like OMG everything was better faster games was runing like i had good cpu but now after 3months i had to format my system and i lost write speed
now i am doing test and my write is at 50max after that i started searching whats going on, and now i am reading your phrase and will prevent a sudden performance breakdown.
So can this happened? Thanks again!

PS: I had always IDE enabled on bios, now i made all nvdia controllers to Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controllers, i got 3 of them and 3 ata channel 0 and 3 ata channel 1

PS1: One more question you may know, My cpu is AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.21GHz, for the moment i can not effort to change mobo and cpu so i was thinking
if i can get a mobo with AHCI who can suport my processor and later on i can get a better cpu aswell, because now i am runing with ddr2 no ahci and no sata 3, what do you think? is it posible?

Edited by supercalm