Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

i can't find out what mcp is for the nvidia 650i sli motherboards, i see it as the 430 mcp, but what does that mean? I'm trying to figure out if it has a mcp## format and if so, what it is.?
The nForce 650i chipset belongs to the MCP55 series.

I recommend to integrate just the SATARAID drivers v9.99.09 (download link). The nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.46 are not designed for being used with non-AHCI capable RAID systems. Do not additionally take the SATA_IDE driver folder.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando 1,

Just a quick email to say thanks for the help. I had to do a full re-install since the XP repair didn't work, too much damage I think. The modified OS disk with the drivers added worked fine so I'm now rebuilding my system.

Regards and thanks again,

Seanmick.

@ kurmud and Seanmick:

You are welcome! Fine, that you succeeded at least and that I was able to help you.

@ all:

This thread has now more than 1 million views - I am overwhelmed!

When I started it in July 2005, I did not expect, that it will be that popular.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

• 3 weeks later...
Here is my comment:

1. If you want to use 1 single driverpack for nForce2, nForce3, nForce4 and nForce 430/410 (MCP51) chipset mainboards, you have chosen the best suitable one. The included nForce IDE drivers v6.99 will fully support them all.

2. It is not a good idea to integrate all 3 IDE driver folders (SATARAID, SATA_IDE and LEGACY). My suggestion: Just integrate the LEGACY driver folder. This way nearly all possible hdd configurations (even PATA and PataRAID Controllers) will be supported.

Hi Fernando, i wanna ask

I want to make xp pro 32 bit and integrate all driver intel, amd, and also nForce using nlite. i litte confuse with nForce driver. my question is which nForce driver should i added into nlite? because there is so many driver for chipset in your first post. your suggestion is just integrate nForce Legacy driver (32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v6.99 built by Fernando) is it right? is it include all driver and chipset for nForce SATA RAID, SATA IDE and Legacy? or i should add all of them?

here it is my preset, intel, amd, and nForce is it right or not?

rksvtf.jpg

24epekh.jpg

thank you

zilan

Edited by zilan

@ zilan:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I want to make xp pro 32 bit and integrate all driver intel, amd, and also nForce using nlite. i litte confuse with nForce driver. my question is which nForce driver should i added into nlite? because there is so many driver for chipset in your first post. your suggestion is just integrate nForce Legacy driver (32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v6.99 built by Fernando) is it right? is it include all driver and chipset for nForce SATA RAID, SATA IDE and Legacy?
No, the v6.99 drivers will not work with all actual AHCI supporting nForce chipsets (MCP65 and up).
or i should add all of them?
I do not recommend to do that, because the previously integrated textmode drivers, which have to be present within the i386 directory of the XP CD, might be overwritten this way.

If you want to create a Windows XP CD, which can be used with nearly all available AHCI/RAID systems, you should not do it by using a tool like nLite. In this case I recommend to take the Mass Storage package and use the DriverPacks integration method by using DP Base. For further details you may look here.

here it is my preset, intel, amd, and nForce is it right or not?
This will not work as you have thought.

It is not a good idea to integrate different textmode driver versions of the same vendor by using a tool like nLite. Since the Intel textmode drivers v5.5.1035, v7.8.0.1012 and v8.9.0.1023 all do contain the driver named IASTOR.SYS, only the last integrated one will be usable during XP Setup. All the other ones will be overwritten.

Edited by Fernando 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Upfront, my apologies if my concern has already being addressed. I tried several searches on the 59 pages of replies on this topic, but did not find enlightenment...

I am building a new system with old components, ASUS A8N-E with Athlon64 3700+, which uses NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra AMD chipset, the audio is Realtek ALC850. For graphics, I am using an ATI AIW 2006 PCIe. After

I updated the BIOS to 1013 (latest) and nRAID to 5.60 (latest that supports chipset). I connected two Seagate 7200.10 250GB disks as SATA 1 and 3. On the IDE side, I have three (3) optical drives. I setup RAID to make a striping (467 GB) of both SATA HDDs...

I made a working BartPE while using only the:

...\Fernandos_XP_32bit_nForce_LEGACY_Remix_Pack_v5.8\IDE\WinXP\sataraid

folder, because using sata_ide and/or legacy hung BartPE during bring-up. That got me thinking, and here I am with a question:

If I am only going to use SATA drives to make my RAID volume, which is the best package to add to nLite to make my custom WinXP Pro SP3 install CD??

A. 32bit nForce IDE drivers v6.99 WHQL

B. 32bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.46 WHQL

And do I need to use the LEGACY folder, or can I use the SATARAID folder?

Of course, I always need to do the SATA_IDE as PnP driver.

With regards to Audio, should I install the AudioDrv folder in your package as well as the latest Realtek ALC850 drivers?

Thanks in advance!!

If I am only going to use SATA drives to make my RAID volume, which is the best package to add to nLite to make my custom WinXP Pro SP3 install CD??

A. 32bit nForce IDE drivers v6.99 WHQL

B. 32bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.46 WHQL

Take the v6.99 ones. The actual v10.x.xx series nForce IDE drivers do not run with NF4 systems.
And do I need to use the LEGACY folder, or can I use the SATARAID folder?

Of course, I always need to do the SATA_IDE as PnP driver.

You should never integrate the LEGACY driver folder, if you are going to additionally integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder. So the options are

a ) just LEGACY (as textmode driver) or

b ) SATARAID (textmode) and SATA_DE (PnP).

I always prefered the SATARAID + SATA_IDE combination, because only this way you will get WHQL certified drivers installed.

With regards to Audio, should I install the AudioDrv folder in your package as well as the latest Realtek ALC850 drivers?
No, these are HDAudio drivers. What you need are the Realtek AC'97 Audio Codec drivers. You will get the latest ones from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...etDown=false#AC Edited by Fernando 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fernando...as you can tell I'm very new here. Ok, here is the problem...I run Windows XP Pro 32bit w/SP2 on an ASUS M4N82 Deluxe motherboard (980a chipset)...I also use Norton Ghost 2003. I have the Windows XP Pro CD but long ago I had slipstreamed SI3132 drivers on to it...back when I was on an nforce 2 board. I'm STILL using the same ghost image from the nforce2 > then nforce5 > and now on my current motherboard.

I am more or less on the same image except that i have properly uninstalled and then installed the nVidia chipset and display drivers when I moved to each new motherboard.....finally it has caught up with me.

So now I too need to install the AHCI SATA drivers from within Windows. In the screen shot below I have included what I hope is all pertinent information. I'm an over-clocker and have the feeling that i have found the reason my AMD 955 is stuck at 3.7Ghz.

image1gi.jpg

Over the years I have severely tweaked Windows XP and REALLY don't want to reinstall it. I have two Sata II hard drives....a WD 300Gb Velociraptor, and a Segate 250Gb 7200.10. I have 3 partitions on the WD and 2 on the Seagate.

The BIOS is currently set to IDE mode. As you can see in the screenshot i have the latest NVGTS,sys file from the 15.45 nVidia chipset drivers. Assuming I move them to the System32\Drivers folder....how do I tweak my registry to properly activate them, and do I have to enable the AHCI in BIOS before or after the registry edit?

Every time I reboot I get that SI3132 error.

Thx in advance, hopefully you can assist me in this.

P.S. I keep full image backups and can get to them even if Windows won't boot....via the Ghost boot CD. Lastly i don't care about RAID at all.

Edited by ghot

@ ghot:

Welcome at MSFN Forums.

The best solution for your system is a clean fresh install of Windows XP SP3 with integrated actual NVIDIA nForce SATA AHCI driver according to part B of my guide. Since you do not want to do a reinstallation of the OS, your problems are rather off-topic.

Nevertheless I will try to help you:

1. >Here< is a detailed guide about how to easily change the NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller Mode from IDE to AHCI while running Windows XP. I don't know, if it works for you, but you may try it.

2. You should install the AHCI driver before you are going to switch the SATA Mode from IDE to AHCI within the BIOS.

3. Regarding the annoying error message I recommend to open the registry ("Run Command" > "regedit"), search for all entries "Sl3132" and delete them.

This motherboard doesn't even have a floppy controller...that's another reason...

Am I assuming correctly that the nvgts.sys are the correct AHCI drivers, or should i use the AHCI drivers off the motherboard CD? Thanks for your prompt response, also ;)

I'm a little foggy on where to GET the driver ...from...in this screen shot of the Win XP 32bit AHCI driver...I can right click nvgts.ini and click install? The AHCI driver from the website has no such option...it ONLY allows a "make disk" option.

image1ul.jpg

Edited by ghot