Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

The system will bluescreen during CD installation if I do not slipstream the nvgts driver (or do the F6 trick). But, it will bluescreen after the first reboot if I do it either way after I load the nvgts driver. I know things are working pretty well, because if I try a blank SATA drive I call fully load the MCE 2005 with no problems. But, of course, I lose all the users information that way and have to reload all my applications. So I am at a loss why the system will bluescreen with the reload option but not bluescreen when I load it with a new copy.
NVGTS.SYS is the name of NVIDIA's nForce SATA driver and will only support drives, which are connected with one of the NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controllers.

Consequence: The driver does not work at all, if you try to get Windows MCE installed onto your old PATA drive.

Additional questions:

1. What do you mean with "nvgts driver"? Which nForce SATA driver (NVGTS.SYS) version and which subfolder (SATARAID or SATA_IDE) did you integrate?

2. At which point of the OS installation did you get a BSOD when booting off the untouched original MCE CD? Has your hdd been detected by Windows Setup?

3. I repeat my question: Have you ever tried just to boot off the old PATA drive? You should do it in safe mode and install the needed nForce chipset drivers once Windows MCE is up.

It makes no sense to reinstall the OS into the same partition and the integrated nForce SATA driver doesn't help at all.

Hello, I didn't read anything but I am desperate. I've been trying to fix this problem ever since (I've been installing Windows XP to SATA Hardisk). I think I am stuck in infinite look of laptop restarting. I installed windows with drivers so it didn't put blue screen of death, windows installed fine, then restarted, and now whenever there's loading screen with microsoft logo i get a quick blue screen and my laptop restarts. I can't touch hardware as that would void the warranty.

Can you help me please ? :(

Thanks

Notebook: MSI VR630X

Edited by defeatersphp@gmail.com

@ defeatersphp@gmail.com:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I'm sorry, but I cannot help you, because your problem has definitively nothing to do with the integration of the NVIDIA nForce SATA or RAID drivers.

My advice: Ask Microsoft for a solution.

Regards

Fernando

I had problem with RAID drivers and I had to load them by pressing F6 and through loopy, that's same as if I'd add them through N-lite. Same windows instalation worked on my normal pc but somehow doesn't work at laptop. I had to load those RAID drivers so I could install windows but now they reboot. I think its "The OS installation fails at last reboot with a short BSOD and endless reboots." error. But I cant do anything with hardware.

Or am I totaly wrong ?

Thanks again for help.

I had problem with RAID drivers and I had to load them by pressing F6 and through loopy, that's same as if I'd add them through N-lite. Same windows instalation worked on my normal pc but somehow doesn't work at laptop. I had to load those RAID drivers so I could install windows but now they reboot. I think its "The OS installation fails at last reboot with a short BSOD and endless reboots." error.
So you are running RAID? I didn't know that.

Which nForce driver version and which subfolder (SATARAID or/and SATA_IDE) did you integrate?

Another tip: You can see the error message, if you choose the F8 option "Don't reboot at system failure".

EDIT:

After having done a Google search for your laptop I found out, that your SATA hdd probably is running in AHCI Mode.

Look here: http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?action=p...;topic=124221.0

Edited by Fernando 1

problem is, i can't flash bios (and my version doesn't support that), it's not my laptop and I don't want to risk someone else property... I had exactly the problem mentioned in your post, but I figured out by installing SATA_IDE /floppy both disk1 and disk2 (through external floppy). Then it worked, so I went through whole instalation (without doing that I couldn't even start installing because I'd get BSOD [screenshot])

So now im after installation, but everytime like 1second after the Windows Laoding screen appear my pc throw up BSOD and reset immidiatly (like half second after)

I downloaded chipset drivers from here MSI official web (as they are for my laptop, xp of course).

Thanks for help so far.

EDIT:

The BSOD says:

STOP 0x0000007B (0xBACCF524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I had exactly the problem mentioned in your post, but I figured out by installing SATA_IDE /floppy both disk1 and disk2 (through external floppy).
What do you mean with "both disk1 and disk2"? Did you integrate 2 different drivers?

If you have an nForce AHCI system, you should just integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder of a suitable nForce driver package. I recommend to integrate this driver. It is newer and better than that one from MSI home page.

I cant download your file:Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

Can you please reupload it?

I didnt exactly 'integrate' , i used external floppy to add drivers during installation by pressing F6. And in folder SATA_IDE/FLOPPY there are 2 folders - disk1 and disk2

I cant download your file:Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.
The file is not invalid. I just successfully downloaded it from MediaFire.
I didnt exactly 'integrate' , i used external floppy to add drivers during installation by pressing F6. And in folder SATA_IDE/FLOPPY there are 2 folders - disk1 and disk2
Ok, the reason is the limited floppy size of 1,4 MB.

You should integrate the driver into the OS CD. That is always the better choice.

The file is not invalid. I just successfully downloaded it from MediaFire.
Ok, the reason is the limited floppy size of 1,4 MB.

You should integrate the driver into the OS CD. That is always the better choice.

Thanks, after all the effort I finally made it running with your file. Thanks again. You've done great job, it took me about 10 hours to make it work, but thanks to you at least it do now.

Thanks again, have a nice day!

Thanks, after all the effort I finally made it running with your file. Thanks again. You've done great job, it took me about 10 hours to make it work, but thanks to you at least it do now.

Thanks again, have a nice day!

You are welcome.

It makes me happy, that I was able to help you.

Yes, both 32/64bit versions of Win7 RC1 do have new in-box nForce IDE drivers v10.6.0.15.

Look here.

If its in-box then i shouldn't bother trying to integrate it... Do you have any other ideas? I really don't want to change my hardware but its looking like my only option.

Thx,

Zak

If its in-box then i shouldn't bother trying to integrate it...
I have them extracted, but you cannot use them from scratch with Windows XP, because the TXTSETUP.OEM file is missing.
Do you have any other ideas? I really don't want to change my hardware but its looking like my only option.
Assuming, that you have already flashed the latest mainboard BIOS version, I see only the way to break the RAID and to use both SSD's as separate drives. Once NVIDIA has released an SSD compatible nForce RAID driver, you can recreate the RAID.

:(

So I got the bright idea of reformatting today.

I busted out my XP SP3 + RAID CD, which I used in the past, and I got nothing but fail.

I'm dealing with 3 drives in RAID 0 on an MSI P6N SLI Platinum (not V2) - an nForce 650i SLI board.

The first attempts resulted in the ol' 0x0000007B BSOD after the initial loading of drivers and such ("Setup is starting Windows" I think).

So I went about clearing my array and breaking it and rebuilding it and trying again. Still failed.

I played around a bit with Acronis to see if I could just restore my backup image, but since it would have taken ages, I figured I would continue working on the issue.

I then built another CD based on the existing CD - I just added the latest drivers I could grab from MSI's site.

I got past the first hurdle, and XP was able to see and partition and format my drive.

It then failed on the next reboot with some error about a bad disk configuration.

I checked out the boot.ini file (Acronis was able to see my array and partition, read from it, and write to it) and noticed some weirdness, which I attempted to fix. Didn't help.

I rebuilt my array again, and ran the installer from this new (XP + SP3 + old drivers + new drivers) CD again.

This time I got as far as setting up language options and entering the serial and such.

On the next reboot (what should have been the first real boot into Windows) I got a quick blue screen followed by a soft reboot.

I'm currently trying to restore my backup image with Acronis, but with the way things have been going today, I don't have high hopes.

I AM using a SATA optical drive, as it's the only optical drive I have.

I CAN'T set individual SATA ports to IDE/RAID mode (maybe I could in a previous BIOS version for my board?).

Any ideas? I'm currently hunting down a "fresh" XP + SP3 disc, and I'll drop the drivers recommended here on it and try again (though if the restore from the backup works, I may just quit while I'm ahead).

Does anyone know the keyboard shortcuts to enable hidden options in MSI BIOSs? I believe it was something like alt+F2, shift+F4. I dunno. Maybe that reveals the option to set SATA ports to RAID/IDE individually.

I'd hate to have to hunt down an IDE drive, but I may have to. (Curious - why does a SATA optical drive in RAID mode cause issues?)

I'll also run deep scans on my hard drives (they passed the quick scans), or try various combinations of 2 drives in RAID 0 (with the 3rd drive disconnected).

What really bothers me is that I used this disc before and everything went fine.

@ sexconker:

1. How much RAM are you using? If more than 3GB, remove 1-2 RAM sticks just during the OS installation.

2. Have you tried to connect your CD/DVD drive with the eSATA port of your mainboard while installing the OS? Maybe this will work, because the eSATA port is using a SILICON IMAGE and no NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller, but you have to change the boot device order within the BIOS.

By the way: Not all SATA connected optical drives do have problems with a RAID or AHCI enabled SATA Controller.