Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

i'm so sorry, i didn't want to cause any problem..

you were so kind with me when you helped me to configure the raid..

i wanted only to understand what could cause this "degraded" problem after months ..

This can be caused by a big variety of hardware or software issues. If I would know the exact reason, I would have posted it here.
but if you don't want to help me anymore i can understand.. really..
I would rather want to help you further on, but I have not the time to solve individual problems, which are absolutely off topic.

CU

Fernando

thanks again..

if you would try to help me i open here a thread..

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=132678

I would like to know which drivers I need I have tried this twice with 2 different slipstream disk (using nLite 1.4.9.1.) - I downloaded and added VIA ComboRAID Software Package V4.40a drive without success. Could you let me know which driver I need to use in the slipstream and if I need to place the files in anything other than default folders. Below is the system I am trying to re-install XP on.

FUJITSU SIEMENS

Product Amilo M3438 Series

Computer:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

OS Service Pack Service Pack 3

Motherboard:

CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M-A, 2000 MHz (15 x 133)

Motherboard Name Unknown

Motherboard Chipset Intel Alviso i915GM/915PM/910GML

System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type AMI (07/29/05)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go

Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F

SCSI/RAID Controller VIA VT6421 RAID Controller

Disk Drive ST98823A S SCSI Disk Device (74 GB)

Disk Drive Easy Disk USB Device (1929 MB, USB)

Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N

SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 76316 MB (27392 MB free)

Thanks in advance.

@ odds365:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Now to your question:

According to my knowledge the SATA hdd of your FUJITSU SIEMENS Amilo M3438 is connected to a VIA RAID Controller.

So if I am right, you have posted into the wrong thread.

I am trying to help you nevertheless:

What you should integrate into the XP CD is the appropriate VIA RAID textmode driver.

I have prepared a small package containing just the actual 32bit XP VIA RAID driver, which can easily been integrated as textmode driver.

You can get the driverpack here.

Unzip the package and integrate the content as TEXTMODE driver by using the actual version of nLite. When the textmode popup window comes up, just enable the listed VIA RAID Controller.

After having done that, let nLite create the ISO file and burn it as bootable image.

Good luck!

Fernando

First and foremost, Fernando1 you are a golden god in my book(4+ years of support for ignorant users like myself) :thumbup

Wow if you knew how many floppys i had been juggling before i found nlite you might pay money to see it! What a great program!

Problem: XP64 won't detect my ssd's in raid 0

What i have:

Asus M3N-HT deluxe(nforce 780a) w/ phenom 9950 BE

2x Gskill 64gb SSD

2gb OCZ pc2 9600

etc..

What i have tried(not in order):

format/partition ssd's

multiple floppy driver f6 attempts w/ nvidia 15.26 SATARAID driver and older asus.com mcp72 version

3 nlite attempts first using fernando linked 103046 driver then using fernando mod driver.

clear cmos/mbr/rtc

delete array/redefine

bios fiddling

etc.

What i know:

Everything works

Bios detects array set in raid 0

ssd drives plugged into first two sata ports

both drives are accessible(ie: not raw) via USB

Im at the end of my wits!

Thank you for your time,

Zak

Edited by Athari

@ Athari:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I assume, that NVIDIA's currently available XP SATARAID drivers are not optimized for being used with SSD's.

You are not alone with your problem. Look here and here.

If I should find a solution, I will let you know.

Good luck!

Fernando

EDIT:

Have you ever tried to install Windows 7?

If I were you, I would download the RC version (Build 7100) of this upcoming OS as soon as it will be available. Since Windows 7 has a new generation of in-box nForce SATARAID drivers (v10.6.x.xx), it might be possible, that they will work with your SSD RAID system.

Edited by Fernando 1

Ahh i was afraid of that... maybe i'm not so ignorant. :rolleyes:

Much like the person in the second link, i figured its a driver issue because i can install the OS on both disks fine in IDE mode but once i switch to RAID thats when i get stuck in the endless driver debacle. I really didn't want to change OS but i will give it a shot! IDK if it matters but i set my stripe block to 128k.

OT: I see that its leaked to torrent... would you recommend i wait for the official 7100 RC? (may 5?)

thx,

Zak

Edited by Athari

I see that its leaked to torrent... would you recommend i wait for the official 7100 RC? (may 5?)
It is your decision. If you don't trust the leaked version, you may check the MD5sum of the ISO file and the SETUP.EXE.

If you should try to install Win7, I would rather like to know, if you succeed. Please give me a short feedback.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

If you should try to install Win7, I would rather like to know, if you succeed.

Well i tried.. I got past the user agreement then it couldn't detect array. No way to know for sure if it truly is 7100 and not a patched 7077(etc.) until i get it installed. I am going to try to clear cmos/mbr/rtc/etc. and reformat/redefine array then try again.

Regards,

Zak

If you should try to install Win7, I would rather like to know, if you succeed.
Well i tried.. I got past the user agreement then it couldn't detect array. No way to know for sure if it truly is 7100 and not a patched 7077(etc.) until i get it installed. I am going to try to clear cmos/mbr/rtc/etc. and reformat/redefine array then try again.
Please report here your result.

Thanks!

Fernando

Hello Fernando

I have not read all of the 85 pages of this forum but I have read quite a bit. Hopefully you can help me a little bit.

I have nlite 1.4.9.1 which I think is the latest version. I am trying to build a slipstream version of MCE 2005 for an nforce 430 based motherboard. I am using a PATA 300 GB HD and a PATA DVD drive for my drive configuration. The disk drive came from an Intel based system that has been use for over 5 years (although this drive was new a year ago and I was successful a year ago in moving all my data from an older drive to this drive). So I already have MCE 2005 on this disk with user configurations for 4 users on the disk. The old Intel based system has failed so I bought the new nforce 430 based system to replace the Intel system.

So I have a slipstreamed version of MCE 2005 with the nvgts driver and I can successfully load MCE 2005 on this system. But, I wish to keep my user configurations and applications on the disk so I tell the the MCE to reload the system instead of creating a new system. This should be no different than creating a new system with the slipstreamed disk. But, every time I do the first reboot after the CD install, the system BSODs.

Obviously there is a difference between a reload and a new setup, but I would have thought that having the nvgts in the slipstream CD would take care of either case.

Any thoughts?

--

Guy Noir

@ guynoirnpr:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I have not read all of the 85 pages of this forum but I have read quite a bit.
There is generally no need to read any of the posts of this thread except the first one.
I have nlite 1.4.9.1 which I think is the latest version.
Yes, it is the latest nLite version.
I am trying to build a slipstream version of MCE 2005 for an nforce 430 based motherboard. I am using a PATA 300 GB HD and a PATA DVD drive for my drive configuration. The disk drive came from an Intel based system that has been use for over 5 years (although this drive was new a year ago and I was successful a year ago in moving all my data from an older drive to this drive). So I already have MCE 2005 on this disk with user configurations for 4 users on the disk. The old Intel based system has failed so I bought the new nforce 430 based system to replace the Intel system.

So I have a slipstreamed version of MCE 2005 with the nvgts driver and I can successfully load MCE 2005 on this system. But, I wish to keep my user configurations and applications on the disk so I tell the the MCE to reload the system instead of creating a new system. This should be no different than creating a new system with the slipstreamed disk. But, every time I do the first reboot after the CD install, the system BSODs.

What has your problem to do with this thread and why do you think, that I can help you?

Since you neither have a RAID nor an AHCI system, you should have been able to get Windows MCE 2005 installed without slipstreaming any textmode driver. Furthermore none of your drives will be able to use the nForce SATA driver named NVGTS.SYS.

Have you ever tried just to boot off your old and untouched hdd after having built your new nForce430 system? Although Intel and NVIDIA chipsets are different and need other drivers, it seems possible for me, that you would have been able to get your old MCE configuration running with your new mainboard.

I am trying to build a slipstream version of MCE 2005 for an nforce 430 based motherboard. I am using a PATA 300 GB HD and a PATA DVD drive for my drive configuration. The disk drive came from an Intel based system that has been use for over 5 years (although this drive was new a year ago and I was successful a year ago in moving all my data from an older drive to this drive). So I already have MCE 2005 on this disk with user configurations for 4 users on the disk. The old Intel based system has failed so I bought the new nforce 430 based system to replace the Intel system.

What has your problem to do with this thread and why do you think, that I can help you?

Since you neither have a RAID nor an AHCI system, you should have been able to get Windows MCE 2005 installed without slipstreaming any textmode driver. Furthermore none of your drives will be able to use the nForce SATA driver named NVGTS.SYS.

Have you ever tried just to boot off your old and untouched hdd after having built your new nForce430 system? Although Intel and NVIDIA chipsets are different and need other drivers, it seems possible for me, that you would have been able to get your old MCE configuration running with your new mainboard.

Yes that is what is so strange. The system will bluescreen during CD installation if I do not slipstream the nvgts driver (or do the F6 trick). But, it will bluescreen after the first reboot if I do it either way after I load the nvgts driver. I know things are working pretty well, because if I try a blank SATA drive I call fully load the MCE 2005 with no problems. But, of course, I lose all the users information that way and have to reload all my applications. So I am at a loss why the system will bluescreen with the reload option but not bluescreen when I load it with a new copy.

--

Guy