Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

All the links to http://germannliteorg.h1398829.stratoserver.net/team/fernando/NVIDIA/XP/ are no longer operational. Any other link available for download ??
The server obviously is down. If the repair should take a longer time, I will change the links.

Please have a look into the first post of this thread. There you will find other links to my driverpacks.

Thanks for your information and for your patience!

Fernando

EDIT: All links should work again.

Edited by Fernando 1

@ Fernando 1

Hey great post you have here, after having similar troubles with the RAID instillation on XP, i fugure it would take a little extra work to get them installed.

My only problem is, im not sure what set of driver to download that you have posted. If you could help me out on this it would be appreciated. I'll provide

as much info as i can for you.

Nforce 780a chipset

ROM BIOS vrs 10.0.0.24

if you could provide me with the link to the correct ones, i can get started on intergrating them into XP via nLite

My only problem is, im not sure what set of driver to download that you have posted. If you could help me out on this it would be appreciated. I'll provide as much info as i can for you.

Nforce 780a chipset

ROM BIOS vrs 10.0.0.24

if you could provide me with the link to the correct ones, i can get started on intergrating them into XP via nLite

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

You have to integrate the SATARAID folder of either this or this driver version. If you want to get the best possible performance, I would take the second one.

Good luck!

Fernando

My motherboard is Nvidia nForce 780i ... Do I have to integrate the drivers?

Even though is relatively new, The drivers CD gives me the option to create a floppy disc....

Which tutorial should I follow?

I'm becoming insane because I'm not able to install xp with my sata hdd

Thanks

I'd really appreciate your help.

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

You should be able to get Windows XP with integrated SP2 or SP3 installed without loading or integrating any textmode drivers.

If your HDD should not be detected by Windows Setup, you are running your SATA hdd either in AHCI or RAID mode. So please check your BIOS settings, because the driver integration method depends on the BIOS settings of your nForce SATA Controllers.

Even though is relatively new, The drivers CD gives me the option to create a floppy disc....
These drivers usually are old and not the best ones.
The one you find within the first post of this thread.

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

You should be able to get Windows XP with integrated SP2 or SP3 installed without loading or integrating any textmode drivers.

If your HDD should not be detected by Windows Setup, you are running your SATA hdd either in AHCI or RAID mode. So please check your BIOS settings, because the driver integration method depends on the BIOS settings of your nForce SATA Controllers.

These drivers usually are old and not the best ones.
The one you find within the first post of this thread.

The 780i MCP lacks support for the Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)

nvidia 780i sli review

Here you have my current bios settings...I hope you can help me to get my disc detected by the xp installation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Standard CMOS Features:

- IDE Channel 0 Master [None]

- IDE Channel 0 Slave [None]

- SATA 1 (A0) [WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0]

- Extended IDE Drive [Auto] (can also be set to "none")

- Access Mode [Auto] (can also be set to "large")

- SATA 2 (A1) [HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by yourdealer

The 780i MCP lacks support for the Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)
Thanks for this information, I didn't know that.

Questions:

Have you tried to boot off the original XP CD without loading/integrating any drivers?

If yes, what happened?

Has your SATA drive been detected?

If not, there is only 1 option left: Your SATA Controller is running in RAID mode. Unless you want to disable the RAID within your BIOS (these SATA mode settings are advanced BIOS options) you have to integrate the SATARAID driver folder of a suitable nForce chipset driver package.

You can either take the official nForce IDE driver v10.3.0.42 (as part of the 15.23 driverpack) or the modified v9.99.09 (as part of my "NF4-7 Performance Pack).

Within the first post of this thread you will find all details and the download links.

CU

Fernando

Hello Fernando

32bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL and 64bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL

links are broken i get the following message after cliking in the "Click here to start download..":

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

32bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL and 64bit nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL

links are broken i get the following message after cliking in the "Click here to start download..":

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Thanks for your information.

I just tested the links and the download worked without any errors.

Please try it again. If you should be not able to get the nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL this way, you may download the complete driverpack v15.23 from NVIDIA's download page. You will find the links within chapter D of my guide.

Regards

Fernando

Is this necessary if you are not using a RAID array?
You need to integrate the nForce textmode drivers, if you have enabled the RAID (with or without creating a RAID array) or AHCI mode of your NVIDIA nForce SATA Controllers within the BIOS.

By the way: Haven't I just answered your question at NVIDIA Forums?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I seem to have a drastic problem getting my RAID to work during XP Pro install... I have made a RAID floppy disk and I am using the F6 feature during the XP install but to no effect. I get a 0x7b BSOD error, just when all the files from the XP setup CD arre loaded and it says "Setup is starting Windows". I cannot even get to the partion part of the setup. I managed to get there once but the setup hang in the middle. So i had to partion 600 gigs all over again and now I keep getting 0x7b BSOD error. What I am going to do? I can only load windows without the f6 option. Will my hard drives work in SATA mode or legacy mode?

I am using the nvidia 680i SLI chipset Abit IN9-32x WIFI mobo, e7300 core2duo CPU, 2 gigs of Kingston HyperX DDR1066 RAM and 2x SAMSUNG 320GB KJ321 HDD's...

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME!

Cheers all...

@ BigBrother:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

This is the nLite Forum and all needed informations how to integrate the nForce SataRAID drivers into a bootable XP CD are layed down within the first post of this thread.

Questions:

1. Why do you try to load the drivers by using the F6/floppy method instead of integrating them into the XP CD?

2. Which special textmode drivers (version and subfolder) did you use?

3. Have you checked your RAM sticks by using a tool like memtest?

CU

Fernando

Fernando,

After going through the thread, I managed to get it working by making a bootable CD with nlite. Thanks a lot! You just made my day :) However, now I have a 600 gig huge RAID partition... Did I have to partion the HDD b4 setting up a raid array?

Cheers

BB