Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

I would try it yes.

The thing is I looked all over Dells site for your pc and while I found it and all the info on it. It never stated what exactly the SATA controller model is.

Driverpacks SHOULD work as they have collected nearly all of the whql drivers out there. Remember always do that last though. Otherwise nLite will over-ride some of the driver settings.

I would try it yes.

The thing is I looked all over Dells site for your pc and while I found it and all the info on it. It never stated what exactly the SATA controller model is.

Yea that was my next question...Can't find it either...I'll have to try the driverpack.

Wish me luck. :blushing: (Tho' the system hasn't arrived in the mail yet)

Not sure what you mean 'override' from nlite :unsure:

Edited by hairbautt

That will be easily to detect by hairbautt himself, because he is running Vista on that desktop computer.

@ hairbautt:

Open the Device Manager and look for the Controllers, which are listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" section. If you find besides the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" any other one, please do a right click onto it and look for the HardwareID's ("Properties > "Details" > "Property" >"HardwareIDs").

Edited by Fernando 1

That will be easily to detect by hairbautt himself, because he is running Vista on that desktop computer.

@ hairbautt:

Open the Device Manager and look for the Controllers, which are listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" section. If you find besides the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" any other one, please do a right click onto it and look for the HardwareID's ("Properties > "Details" > "Property" >"HardwareIDs").

Excellent. Will do.

However, it just dawned on me. Dell posts drivers on their website: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...n&TabIndex=

I selected my incoming 630 system and looked under SATA drivers and this is what I found:

nVidia MediaShield - Release Date: 3/5/2008, Version: 9.99.0.4, A07, Download Type: Application

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=239623

and then a driver version of nVidia MediaShield: 9.99.0.8, A08

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=243328

Hope those links work. Should I try to integrate those?

I dl'ed and looked at the second links files and saw there IS a txtsetup.oem file and that is really the key file.

I just might work fine

Easy test = extract them, throw them on a floppy and start XP's setup routine, press f6 and if when it gets to the format setion it shows your drives then your good to go! (Then just quit setup there. It will not harm your system at all)

Take you like 5 minutes to know for sure!

I selected my incoming 630 system and looked under SATA drivers and this is what I found:

nVidia MediaShield - Release Date: 3/5/2008, Version: 9.99.0.4, A07, Download Type: Application

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=239623

and then a driver version of nVidia MediaShield: 9.99.0.8, A08

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=243328

Hope those links work. Should I try to integrate those?

I do not recommend to take one of these drivers.

1. The first linked driver leads to the nForce IDE drivers v9.99.04, which are not the best ones.

2. If you download and unzip the second driver, you will get the good v9.99.09 drivers, but this driverpack is only usable with RAID systems.

Since your Dell computer has an nForce 650 SLI chipset, you should try to integrate these actual WHQL signed SATA_IDE drivers v10.3.0.42.

Edited by Fernando 1

Questions:

1. What is the reason for you to manually edit the TXTSETUP.SIF? Why don't you just load or integrate the textmode driver?

2. Why did you post your question within the nLite forum? You obviously don't want to use this tool.

3. If you are just running your nForce S-ATA Controllers in AHCI mode, why did you put the RAID drivers entries and the RAID driver folder (SATARAID) into the SIF files? You will only need a suitable SATA_IDE driver folder and there is no NVRD32.SYS.

1. Fernando 1 i have tried to integrate drivers by nLite (in txt mode) but it don't work. My instalation says my that i don't have any hdd. I look for SIF file and there was no driver (nforce) in it, so i just do it in the old fasion way (and it works for me but i don't know is this ok).

- my "widow" is windows xp sp3 oem en

- i had some folders with driver i have integrated

- i have a seagate hard drive 320GB/16MB on SATA, ASUS DVD on SATA and a LITE-ON DVD on IDE (i have run the instalation on IDE drive)

Then i put the clean windows cd in SATA DVD it finds my SATA HDD with no problem but installs the basic driver from microsoft.

But then i load the windows first time I get blue screen.

2. Sorry, I just did not explain that. Yes, I am a user of nLite tool.

3. "NVRD32.SYS" - I am planning to buy second hdd and put them i raid mode and i just think i don't have to do another unattended dvdt.

My Hdd installs as ST332062 0NS SCSI Disk Device on SCSI\DISK&VEN_ST332062&PROD_0N&REV_3.AE\4&37252970&0&000

Controller as NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA AHCI Controller on PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F4&SUBSYS_82AE1043&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&70

and in SCSI RAID Controllers i have AIPPQAMJ IDE Controller.

I'm freaking out. The XPS arrived. I installed the new HDD no problem. Vista accepted it and all so then I tried my nlite XP Pro. Didn't take at first (said partition is not XP Compatible) until I rebooted and it worked the second time. When XP tried to load for the first time (the bootscreen is shown) I got a Blue Screen of Death.

It just continuously runs at that cycle. Safe mode is ineffective.

Help me. Oh, please help me.

If it makes any difference I did switch the top HD with the new HD and connected it with the second plug instead of the first...

BSOD: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBACC354, etc.)

Edited by hairbautt

@ loopb:

If Windows Setup didn't detect any hdd, although you had integrated NVIDIA textmode drivers (which ones?) by using nLite, you obviously took the wrong textmode drivers. Believe me: nLite will do all the needed TXTSETUP.SIF and WINNT.SIF entries correctly and maybe better than you.

Since you are using an MCP73 chipset mainboard, I recommend to create a new nLited XP CD by integrating a special MCP73 nForce SATA_IDE driver. Here is the link:

http://www.gigabyte.de/Support/Motherboard...amp;FileID=3229

Just unzip the EXE file and integrate the included drivers as TEXTMODE by using nLite.

@ hairbautt:

Is it possible, that you are using a S-ATA connected optical drive? If yes, this will be the reason for all your troubles.

You should not use any CD/DVD drive, which is connected to a S-ATA port with enabled AHCI or RAID.

Solution:

Either replace it by an IDE connected optical drive or - if available - connect it with another S-ATA Controller, which is not set to AHCI mode.

When I tried disabling SATA via BIOS my DVD/CD thing was on SATA-1...and it did get disabled too. I tried enabling just for SATA-1, but the HDDs just weren't present on XP installation.

I guess I'll just go for Vista because this is too difficult for XP. First it tells me it's not a compatible XP partition then when it does install it doesn't bootup without a BSOD...UGH!

If any ya'll got any easy quick fixes here I'm all ears, but I don't even think I have IDE cables in this thing. I don't have RAID and I don't even know what AHCI is...

When I tried disabling SATA via BIOS my DVD/CD thing was on SATA-1...and it did get disabled too. I tried enabling just for SATA-1, but the HDDs just weren't present on XP installation.
I didn't suggest to disable SATA within the BIOS.
I guess I'll just go for Vista because this is too difficult for XP. First it tells me it's not a compatible XP partition then when it does install it doesn't bootup without a BSOD...UGH!
It is your decision. It wouldn't be that diffucult to get XP installed, but you need to get further informations about the advantages and disadvantages of the new SATA standard named AHCI.
If any ya'll got any easy quick fixes here I'm all ears, but I don't even think I have IDE cables in this thing. I don't have RAID and I don't even know what AHCI is...
You should never change the Operating System, if you have no knowledge about the consequences. There is an old rule: "Never touch a running system!"

I integrated two different drivers (that's two discs) and both gave me BSOD when XP tried to bootup. Apparently I'm just missing something and it's not very clear what it is.

One of those drivers was the one you posted...

I integrated two different drivers (that's two discs) and both gave me BSOD when XP tried to bootup. Apparently I'm just missing something and it's not very clear what it is.

Did they or one of them detect your SATA hdd?

If your optical drive is connected to an nForce SATA Controller, which is set to "AHCI mode", you will get problems even when you are running Vista again.

Recommendation (as already written):

You should either

a ) connect your CD/DVD device to an IDE Controller or another SATA Controller, which is running in "IDE mode", or

b ) disable AHCI within the BIOS.

Edited by Fernando 1

Did they or one of them detect your SATA hdd?

If your optical drive is connected to an nForce SATA Controller, which is set to "AHCI mode", you will get problems even when you are running Vista again.

Recommendation (as already written):

You should either

a ) connect your CD/DVD device to an IDE Controller or another SATA Controller, which is running in "IDE mode", or

b ) disable AHCI within the BIOS.

Vista installed and runs fine. I'm on it now.

I don't really see how the CD/DVD is making any problems. This is just wierd...Let me explain better:

Ok, XP Setup PE Installation detected both drives on both of my attempts, but it said that my 80 GB was not a compatible XP partition (toyed around deleting the partition n'such). I thought ****, rebooted and tried again and it installed on my 80GB. Windows booted up for the first time, but 3 secs of the bootscreen and BOOM Blue screen error. So then I used a different driver on another burnt CD and installed again. This time it just wouldn't let me install on the 80GB given that it's not an "XP compatible partition" so I installed on the 500GB (which I wanted to use for Media, etc.) but the same scenario as the first ran thru.

And you think it's my DVD drive? :-\