Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

That shows, that you have an nForce4 AMD chipset mainboard, but with different nForce S-ATA Controllers:

Your first listed nForce S-ATA Controller is managing the S-ATA device in SATA 1 mode, whereas the second one does it in SATA 2 mode.

Do you have a S-ATA connected CD/DVD burner?

I really don't know, it is a laptop with the CD\DVD burner integrated.

Download a tool like Everest and let it show the hardware details.

here is the details :

Property Value

Device ID IDE\CDROMOPTIARC_DVD_RW_AD-7530A_________________EX32____\570A738C00.0.0

Status 0x0180200a Started

Problem 0x00000000 (0)

Service cdrom

Capabilities 0x00000000

Config Flags 0x00000000

Class CDROM

Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)

Hardware IDs IDE\CdRomOptiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7530A_________________EX32____

IDE\Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7530A_________________EX32____

IDE\CdRomOptiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7530A_________________

Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7530A_________________EX32____

GenCdRom

Compatible IDs GenCdRom

Class GUID {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0

Enumerator name IDE

Description CD-ROM Drive

Friendly name Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA Device

Driver {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

Physical Object Name \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-0

UI number 0x00000000

Install State 0x00000000

Device Address 0x00000000

Device Configuration File cdrom.inf

InfPath cdrom.inf

InfSection cdrom_install

ProviderName Microsoft

DriverDateData 00 80 8C A3 C5 94 C6 01

DriverDate 6-21-2006

DriverVersion 6.0.6000.16386

MatchingDeviceId gencdrom

DriverDesc CD-ROM Drive

Class CDROM

ClassDesc @%SystemRoot%\System32\StorProp.dll,-17001

DVD/CD-ROM drives

IconPath %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll,-30

Installer32 storprop.dll,DvdClassInstaller

EnumPropPages32 storprop.dll,DvdPropPageProvider

SilentInstall 1

NoInstallClass 1

UpperFilters GEARAspiWDM

Type Vendor Model Size Interface Temperature

DVD Writer Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA ATAPI

DVD Writer Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA Device IDE

Seems complicated and like I have 2 DVD Writer but I have only one....

I have no idea, if your DVD burner named "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A" is S-ATA or IDE connected.

All these things doesn't really help.

What we have to know is the following:

1. Are you really running RAID or are your RAID Controllers just enabled within the BIOS without any function?

2. Why does Windows Setup the message §The file NVRDX.SYS is corrupted?

Have you tried to boot just off the clean XP x64 CD without lntegrating anything? If yes, does Windows Setup detect your hard disks?

Edited by Fernando 1

I have no idea, if your DVD burner named "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A" is S-ATA or IDE connected.

All these things doesn't really help.

What we have to know is the following:

1. Are you really running RAID or are your RAID Controllers just enabled within the BIOS without any function?

2. Why does Windows Setup the message §The file NVRDX.SYS is corrupted?

Have you tried to boot just off the clean XP x64 CD without lntegrating anything? If yes, does Windows Setup detect your hard disks?

Yes I tried this first as i didn't know about the Sata driver. It says some problems with Atapi.

I never get any problems with the installation of Vista, formated my computer lot of times without any drivers. And all was fine.

For the 1 question, I don't know.

Sorry.

It seems, this computer is not normal! :blushing:

EDIT: if my DVD\CD drive seems to be a possible problem, maye i can try to unplug my internal drive and install by a external drive ? Can it work by USB external drive?

Edited by Superxcm

Yes I tried this first as i didn't know about the Sata driver. It says some problems with Atapi.
You don't remember the exact message? How far did Windows Setup come (before/after the hdd detection)?
I never get any problems with the installation of Vista, formated my computer lot of times without any drivers. And all was fine.
Vista has more in-box textmode and device drivers.
EDIT: if my DVD\CD drive seems to be a possible problem, maye i can try to unplug my internal drive and install by a external drive ? Can it work by USB external drive?
Probably not, you won't be able to boot off the XP x64 CD via USB port.

As an abstract of our discussion I really doubt, that you will solve your problem by your own and I cannot look into your computer. Ask any computer expert of your neighborhood for a hardware and BIOS settings analysis.

By the way: Your problem is very, very off topic...

Good night!

Fernando

You don't remember the exact message? How far did Windows Setup come (before/after the hdd detection)?

As an abstract of our discussion I really doubt, that you will solve your problem by your own and I cannot look into your computer. Ask any computer expert of your neighborhood for a hardware and BIOS settings analysis.

By the way: Your problem is very, very off topic...

Good night!

Fernando

Hi, thanks for the help!

I don't remember the exact message, but i could try to install again, anyway i remember it was before hdd detection. Same time as the other one error.

Yes i doubt it too... so sad... i will try to find a place here to do that... but as my chinese is really bad it will be hard.

And sorry, I didn't know it was off topic as it is the integration of Raid and sata drivers in the installation of xp, also if my hardware seems a little abnormal hahaha!... maybe i should make a new thread... but not sure it will help....

Anyway, thanks for your time and your help. I will post a new thread if i find a solution, maybe it can help other people!

Good night!

And sorry, I didn't know it was off topic as it is the integration of Raid and sata drivers in the installation of xp, also if my hardware seems a little abnormal hahaha!... maybe i should make a new thread... but not sure it will help....
Your problem itself isn't off topic, because you are trying to integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers into a bootable XP CD, but the search for the reason of your problem is off topic, because you neither know your exact hardware configuration and BIOS settings nor the real content of your OS CD, which you were using as source (I still cannot believe, that your source really contains a 64bit version of Windows XP, because there is no other explanation for the error message you got).

I tried to help you, but it's hard to do it this way. Someone else should have a deeper look into your hardware and software (your "XP x64 CD").

Good luck!

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

i went back to the shop where i buy the CD, and bring my computer with me, the guy try to install it too, doesn' t work, i try to explain about your driver, but he used some other find on a chinese website, anyway still the same problem, I thought he will make me go away or give me another cd because he looks really upset, but finally he changed something in the bios, and it works perfectly fine, after the installation he puts back the stuff in the bios again, and still now, xp x64 is running really fine.

I didn't understand what was the problem and it s a shame, i am not good enough to see what he changed or understand it, but it works fine.

He told me what was the problem but as my chinese is really bad... sorry, I will try to go back with one of my chinese friend, because i really want to understand, for the next time. :(

Anyway, I would like again to thanks you for your time and help, I m sure it is hard for you as you don' t have the computer in your hands.

I will try to install the performance driver on your page, but later!

Thank you very much!

Have a good night.

i went back to the shop where i buy the CD, and bring my computer with me, the guy try to install it too, doesn' t work, i try to explain about your driver, but he used some other find on a chinese website, anyway still the same problem, I thought he will make me go away or give me another cd because he looks really upset, but finally he changed something in the bios, and it works perfectly fine, after the installation he puts back the stuff in the bios again, and still now, xp x64 is running really fine.
The way you solved your problem was the best you could do.

I am happy with you, that you got Windows XP x64 installed at least.

Anyway, I would like again to thanks you for your time and help, I m sure it is hard for you as you don' t have the computer in your hands.

I will try to install the performance driver on your page, but later!

Thank you very much!

You are welcome!

Greetings from Germany

Fernando

Good day Sir!

I have problems installing XP-32 bit because of the SATA driver issue and I received the 0x0000007B errors. First let me post my spec:

Model: Aspire X1200

CPU: AMD Athlon LE-1600 processor

RAM: 1GB DDRII

HDD: 320GB SATA

Video: Built in graphic, Nividia GeForce 8200

LAN: Integrated Lan 10/100/1000

BIOS/Firmware Maker: Phoenix Technologies LTD

64 bit: True

I tried to integrate the driver myself but it still failed. I don't understand all the RAID thing you mentioned, so how do I know I got that RAID thing?

Edited by AceRacer

I have problems installing XP-32 bit because of the SATA driver issue and I received the 0x0000007B errors.

I tried to integrate the driver myself but it still failed. I don't understand all the RAID thing you mentioned, so how do I know I got that RAID thing?

Since you only have 1 hdd, you probably don't use RAID.

If you are not able to get XP installed by just booting off the original XP CD, your S-ATA Controllers obviously are running in AHCI Mode.

You should take NVIDIA's official 15.23 or 15.24 driverpack and integrate just the SATA_IDE driver folder as TEXTMODE driver - nothing else.

Heya Fernando,

I see your still hard at work as usual ;)

Quick question, I had finally got my install working using the 'fail safe' method a month ago. Everything has been fine until I went to install the latest nForce (15.23)....I'm guessing that was a big no no? BSoD, fixed with Last working config.

Question: Is it possible to update the nForce drivers after OS install?

Curious really, as I don't think I'll bother trying to update. There probably isn't a huge benefit anyways...

Thanks again.

And to all those people out there who keep failing with BSoD when using nLite....You MUST start fresh everytime! i.e. Delete the working folder, copy fresh OS files into it and complete your integration.....it took me a week before I realised I had been integrating drivers into the same working folder. I'd forgotten that it changes the source files/directories THEN creates the image from the files. It does NOT create a temporary image without first altering your source files. So be sure to delete that source folder on every attempt!...and thank Fernando for all his hard work!

Revised post: Dear Fernando, I recently posted a thank-you message because your method of driver integration worked for me. Now, however, there is a problem. To recap: We purchased a refurbished Dell XPS 720 running Windows XP Media Center 2005. I was unable to set up a RAID1 array until I found your guide, which worked perfectly. However, after about two weeks, we now have a "RAID failure" and lost-access error message. The computer came with a Seagate Barracuda 320-GB HD. The second drive we added is an identical Seagate Barracuda. The RAID array error message from the nVidia MediaShield program says the array is "degraded." The newer of the two drives is still working and the computer is functioning normally. What do I do next? How do I figure out if this is a software problem, non-disk hardware problem, or the disk has actually failed? I tried running Seatools for DOS on the hard drive and got an error message but I have a feeling that Seatools does not run correctly on a mirrored drive.

ADDENDUM: After a few days, NVIDIA MediaShield's message has changed. Both drives now read as "Healthy" but the RAID array is "Degraded." No popup or context (right-click) command is associated with HD0, but "Delete Array" appears when I click on HD1. No "Rebuild Array" command is available. I've tried going into the RAID manager at machine startup prior to OS loading, but the Rebuild Array command does not seem to work, i.e., nothing happens when I try to execute it. :}

Edited by MAFinOKC

Oh Fernando 1, Thank you very much! I have no problem during installation. However I encountered another problem when the system restart. I received the same error as the 0x0000007B. If I were to go to BIOS and disable ACPI, my startup won't have the error but it will stop for 3-5 seconds before rebooting. May I know what is wrong?

Note: I had ACPI enabled during the first install and everything went fine. For my second install, I tried installing with ACPI disabled first but I will get the 0x0000007B error.

I tried the following method but it still doesn't solve my problem:

1st Disable ACPI in your BIOS then you have three options, one remove ACPI from the device manager ore reinstall XP with no ACPI support.

The easy and safe way to disable ACPI from the device manager in XP. Just right click on it in the device manager, choose update driver, click I will choose the driver to install, and click on Standard PC. Reboot the PC and it will redetect all your devices.

A easy way to do the Fresh Install with no ACPI. When setup is loading, the blue screen will ask if you have any raid devices, and to press F6. When it does that, press and hold F7, & ACPI will not be installed.

The third way Just press F5 after the first screen asking if you have raid devices to install (will ask at bottom of screen to press F6) keep pressing F5 to the second screen where it will ask to press F2 for recovery console. Keep holding F5 and should get another screen where it will say that it cannot recognize type of pc. There you have two choices: standard pc and other. Select standard and voila no ACPI will be installed.

The exact error is:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7AFA528,0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Edited by AceRacer