Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

@ Superxcm:

It's the first time you have mentioned the nForce chipset of your system.

The actual nForce chipset driverpacks 15.23/15.24 offered by NVIDIA obviously do not support nForce4 RAID systems (although they are shown as compatible at NVIDIA's websites).

This is what I recommend for you:

Go here, download the 64bit version of my "NF4-5 non-AHCI WHQL Driverpack" and unzip it.

Then integrate the SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE and the SATA_IDE folder content as PnP driver. You have to enable both "required" devices/drivers.

This way you will succeed with the XP x64 installation.

Good luck!

Fernando

Dear Fernando,

I didn't know they don t support it!! Thanks a lot I ll try now!!

Let you how is going.

Thanks!

EDit: BTW is not better to take the "performance" driver? If they are compatible, or I can still install them after?

Edited by Superxcm

EDit: BTW is not better to take the "performance" driver? If they are compatible, or I can still install them after?
Yes, once XP x64 is up, you can install the 64bit "Performance Pack".

Attention: Before you are going to update the nForce IDE drivers, you should carefully read the guide within the first post of my XP nForce chipset driver thread. Don't reboot unless you have checked, that all nForce S-ATA and RAID devices (even the hidden ones) have successfully installed the updated driver version.

Still get the nvredx64.sys corrupted message.... ****... what i did wrong...:(
As I already have wtitten, you usually get this meessage, when you are trying to install a 64bit textmode driver onto a 32bit OS.

Only other possibility: You have used a bad CD disk or burned with too much speed.

Do you really have an original XP x64 CD with original label from MS?

HI Fernando,

yes it is a 64bits OS, as there is the amd64 folder, and it should be a original xp x64 disk, as I bought it in a shop there is box, manual key and everything, and that what is write on it. But as I am living in China, i can't be sure if it is a reel one. Hard to find the difference here. :wacko:

Looks reel to me. For the disk I use imation disk and don't have other choice to burn it at 24x.

Maybe find a floppy drive and it will work better?

yes it is a 64bits OS, as there is the amd64 folder, and it should be a original xp x64 disk, as I bought it in a shop there is box, manual key and everything, and that what is write on it. But as I am living in China, i can't be sure if it is a reel one. Hard to find the difference here. :wacko:
You may try to integrate 32bit drivers. Then you will see what happens.

Just download the 32bit version of my "NF4-4 non-AHCI WHQL Driverpack", unzip it and integrate the SATARAID + SATA_IDE folders.

Another option: Send me a list of the folders and files you see at the root of your original CD.

OK her is the list of the folder on the cd :

-AMD64

-i386

-support

Inside the AMD64 folder i have these folder :

- COMPDATA

- DRW

- LANG

- SYSTEM32

- WIN9XMIG

- WINNTUPG

I will try with the 32bits drivers... but if it work it means that it's not the x64 version of xp right?

Thanks

OK her is the list of the folder on the cd :

-AMD64

-i386

-support

The original version additionally has a directory named "DOCS".
Inside the AMD64 folder i have these folder :

- COMPDATA

- DRW

- LANG

- SYSTEM32

- WIN9XMIG

- WINNTUPG

I will try with the 32bits drivers... but if it work it means that it's not the x64 version of xp right?

Yes, but I don't believe that. Everything really looks like XP x64.

In the root of the CD there should be a file named README.HTM. Open it with your browser. There you will see the OS name.

Why are you not able to burn with a lower speed than 24x? Take a tool like Nero.

Installed Infrarecoder as Nero doesn't seems to work on Vista 64...:S

But burned the cd on 8x ( less i can't.. actually i chooce 4x, but it burned at 8x).

Still same error.

I have a question, maybe stupid, but do i have to add the driver by single mode or folder mode? Is it the same? And is it possible that is because I burn it by vista 64?

I have only 1 blank cd left, so i don't know what to do, maybe go tomorrow to buy a floppy drive. Is it maybe a better solution. And use the original cd of XP for installation.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Installed Infrarecoder as Nero doesn't seems to work on Vista 64...:S
Nero 8 is running fine with Vista x64.
But burned the cd on 8x ( less i can't.. actually i chooce 4x, but it burned at 8x).Still same error.
Always the exactly same error message?
I have a question, maybe stupid, but do i have to add the driver by single mode or folder mode? Is it the same?
You can do it with both methods, but I recommend to choose the "single driver" option, because otherwise you might get drivers integrated, which you don't want.
And is it possible that is because I burn it by vista 64?
No, it is no problem to create a bootable XP x64 CD while running Vista x64.
I have only 1 blank cd left, so i don't know what to do, maybe go tomorrow to buy a floppy drive. Is it maybe a better solution. And use the original cd of XP for installation.
If you have a mainboard with a LEGACY mode nForce4 RAID system (LEGACY mode = with the option to simultaneously create a SataRaid and a PataRaid array), you might get big problems, when you try to use the F6/floppy method. You have to load the content of the LEGACY driver folder (SATARAID and SATA_IDE will not work with F6) and you might get a BSOD at last reboot. Since your Vista bootloader will be broken by the XP x64 installation anyway, you will not be able to boot into any OS.

My suggestion:

Try to find out what is wrong with your XP x64 CD and the drivers you have used. If you have a friend or brother with a computer, let him try to create a bootable XP x64 CD with integrated nForce SataRaid drivers. This way you can check, if your system caused the issue.

Furthermore you should find out the exact chipset name of your mainboard and check your RAM sticks with memtest.

EDIT:

Another idea: Give me the HardwareID's of your "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" and "NVIDIA RAID Controller". You will get it by opening the Device Manager, right cklicking onto the devices > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareID's".

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando,

thanks a lot for all your help.

I will try tomorrow from one computer of my office to make the bootable cd. And if it still doesn't work go back to the shop and ask for another one.

Here is the Hardware ID's :

- NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller :

ACPI\_NVRAIDBUS

*_NVRAIDBUS

- NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller :

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_05911558&REV_F3

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_05911558

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&CC_010485

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&CC_0104

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_05911558&REV_F3

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_05911558

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&CC_010485

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&CC_0104

Just find in the device manager a problem I didn't have before, seems to have a problem with the Mass Storage Controller in "Other devices", never see that before...:S Is it possible it makes the problem for the installation of XP?

Thanks again for all your time and help Fernando.

Simon

Edited by Superxcm

Here is the Hardware ID's :

- NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller :

ACPI\_NVRAIDBUS

*_NVRAIDBUS

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_05911558&REV_F3

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&SUBSYS_05911558

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&CC_010485

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0054&CC_0104

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_05911558&REV_F3

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_05911558

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&CC_010485

PCI\VEN_10E&DEV_0055&CC_0104

That shows, that you have an nForce4 AMD chipset mainboard, but with different nForce S-ATA Controllers:

Your first listed nForce S-ATA Controller is managing the S-ATA device in SATA 1 mode, whereas the second one does it in SATA 2 mode.

Your RAID Controller seems to be enabled, but do you see any "NVIDIA Stripe" or "NVIDIA Mirror" device within the Device Manager?

Do you have a S-ATA connected CD/DVD burner?

How many hdd's do you see within the Disk Manager?

Which disks do you see within the Device Manager?

Just find in the device manager a problem I didn't have before, seems to have a problem with the Mass Storage Controller in "Other devices", never see that before...:S Is it possible it makes the problem for the installation of XP?
No, I don't think so. Edited by Fernando 1

That shows, that you have an nForce4 AMD chipset mainboard, but with different nForce S-ATA Controllers:

Your first listed nForce S-ATA Controller is managing the S-ATA device in SATA 1 mode, whereas the second one does it in SATA 2 mode.

Do you have a S-ATA connected CD/DVD burner?

I really don't know, it is a laptop with the CD\DVD burner integrated.

Sorry I am really noob in computer.... :blushing: