Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

then i select nvraid.inf from "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL" and nvata.inf from "32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL", it's true?

ps: if i try to use "modded 32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v.6.99", it gives me an error on load nvatabus.sys during installation loading.

where can i download the '32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL'?if i may ask,how should i integrate the driver i needed for my pc?maybe you could teach me from the start.coz i think im lacking something thats why it wont work.thanks in advance.

Edited by watchdog

then i select nvraid.inf from "32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL" and nvata.inf from "32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL", it's true?
Where can i download the '32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL'?if i may ask,how should i integrate the driver i needed for my pc?maybe you could teach me from the start.coz i think im lacking something thats why it wont work.thanks in advance.
The download links to the original and WHQL signed SATARAID and SATA_IDE drivers v6.99 are within my guide (first post of this thread).

Before you are going to integrate any (and maybe wrong) drivers, you should give me some needed informations:

1. Which computer/laptop are you using (manufacturer and type)?

2. Are you running RAID?

Where can i download the '32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL'?if i may ask,how should i integrate the driver i needed for my pc?maybe you could teach me from the start.coz i think im lacking something thats why it wont work.thanks in advance.
The download links to the original and WHQL signed SATARAID and SATA_IDE drivers v6.99 are within my guide (first post of this thread).

Before you are going to integrate any (and maybe wrong) drivers, you should give me some needed informations:

1. Which computer/laptop are you using (manufacturer and type)?

2. Are you running RAID?

i'm using an acer aspire M5640.and yes,i'm running raid.

i'm using an acer aspire M5640.and yes,i'm running raid.
1. The Aspire M5640 has no NVIDIA nForce, but an Intel chipset. So you are totally wrong with this guide and the nForce SataRaid drivers v6.99. Instead of the NVIDIA nForce textmode drivers you will need the Intel ones. Here is the guide, which is suitable for your system.

2. I doubt, that you are running RAID. Why do you think, that you do?

EDIT: After having downloaded the Vista S-ATA and Chipset Driver packs for your computer from ACER's FTP page, I have realised, that I was wrong.

Your Aspire M5640 obviously has an nForce chipset and needs nForce SATARAID drivers, which are supporting AHCI. You will not be able to take the nForce IDE drivers v6.99.

I am sorry for my mistake, which was induced by the lack of any clear informations regarding the chipset at ACER's product specifications for the Aspire M5640.

Edited by Fernando 1

hi there fernando.seems like both of us are confused about this topic.me,confused with your answers and you, confused on how i ask those question.if you'll allow me, i'll restart this topic.i'll tell you the whole story of this problem i got...

currently, im running Wvista.so i could see all the hardware installed on my pc in device manager.

in the storage controller i have,

nvidia nforce raid controller

nvidia nforce serial ATA controller

and here im sure that im using nvidia nforce controller not intel sata controller,

now, because i want to downgrade my pc to Windows XP im always getting trouble with XP

the problem is this>>>>...............after 'setup is starting windows' >>>EULA (f8)

error appears!!!!

Unknown Disk

(there is no disk in this drive.)

Unknown Disk

Unknown Disk

Unknown Disk

after ENTER ,,, i got BSOD!!!

what should i do to install the XP properply

hi there fernando.seems like both of us are confused about this topic.me,confused with your answers and you, confused on how i ask those question.if you'll allow me, i'll restart this topic.i'll tell you the whole story of this problem i got...

currently, im running Wvista.so i could see all the hardware installed on my pc in device manager.

in the storage controller i have,

nvidia nforce raid controller

nvidia nforce serial ATA controller

and here im sure that im using nvidia nforce controller not intel sata controller,

now, because i want to downgrade my pc to Windows XP im always getting trouble with XP

the problem is this>>>>...............after 'setup is starting windows' >>>EULA (f8)

error appears!!!!

Unknown Disk

after ENTER ,,, i got BSOD!!!

what should i do to install the XP properply

Thanks for these additional informations.

You have to integrate the suitable nForce SATARAID drivers into a bootable XP CD.

Since I have downloaded and done a deeper look into the Vista SATA drivers, which ACER is offering for your computer, I recommend to integrate the SATARAID driver folder of the nForce IDE drivers v10.1.0.28 (they are the latest WHQL signed ones and seem to be fully compatible with the nForce chipset of your computer).

To make it as easy as possible for you, I have prepared and uploaded a small driver package for you. You can get it here. Just unzip and integrate it as TEXTMODE driver using nLite. When you get the textmode integration popup window, you should choose both options.

Good luck!

Fernando

hi,

after creating windows XP with sata raid driver integrated using nlite

another error appears on screen while loading drivers....

The file nvrdx64.sys is corrupted..

press any key to continue..

try another driver found in this thread but same problem encountered...

hi,

You got this message, because you obviously have integrated a 64bit driver into the 32bit Windows XP CD.

Why didn't you take the driver I have linked within my last post? It is the correct 32bit one.

You should integrate it into a fresh (untouched) Windows XP SP3 source.

Edited by Fernando 1

hi,

You got this message, because you obviously have integrated a 64bit driver into the 32bit Windows XP CD.

Why didn't you take the driver I have linked within my last post? It is the correct 32bit one.

You should integrate it into a fresh (untouched) Windows XP SP3 source.

actually, i integrated the driver from the link that you've given me.

but the same nvrdx64 error appear i dont know why.

pls,help me with this.thanks again for the reply.

actually, i integrated the driver from the link that you've given me.

but the same nvrdx64 error appear i dont know why.

The file named NVRDX64.SYS is the 64bit nForce RAID driver of the non-AHCI nForce IDE drivers series like v6.99.

Since neither Windows XP nor the nForce driver set I have uploaded for you contain such a file, there is only one way how you got this error message:

During your previous nLite processing you integrated the (absolutely wrong) 64bit version of the SATARAID driver v6.99 and you obviously used this XP version with the integrated wrong driver version as source for your recent driver integration tests or you have loaded your previously created LAST_SESSION.INI file while processing with nLite.

Solution:

You have to take the original Windows XP CD (with or without any SP) as source. Then copy the content onto your hdd and start a new nLite processing session (don't let nLite load the old settings, otherwise it will grab the wrong drivers again!).

Let nLite do the following steps:

1. slipstream SP3

2. integrate the 32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v10.1.0.28 (downloaded from RapidShare) as textmode driver and

3. create the ISO file and burn it as bootable Image.

At least you should boot off this freshly prepared nLited XP CD.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

hi Fernando,

just want to thank you for all the information that you've imparted me.

finally, i formatted this pc. IT WORKS.

I couldn't have done it without your help.

thank you very much

watchdog

You are welcome.

Fine, that you succeeded at least.

If you are searching for an actual and suitable nForce chipset driver set, you may use the one I have prepared for your special chipset:

http://rapidshare.com/files/135836389/Fern...tchdog.zip.html

Just unzip it, run the SETUP.EXE and choose the drivers you want to get installed.

Have fun!

Fernando

Wow Fernando, you seem to be the driver guru.

My vista business 64 system gets a driver signature error every time it boots. The driver it is failing on is nvrdx64.sys (note the x). When I look in device manager, none of the following devices are using that driver. The first 3 are using nvrd64.sys (no x).

o NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller

o NVIDIA nForce RAID Device

o NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Does this mean I don't need the nvrdX64.sys version of the driver and I can delete the registry entry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\nvrdx64

There is also a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\nvrd64 registry entry. (no x)

I am thinking that the "x" version is a carry over from the original MB CD install and that the nforce drivers I installed from nvidia make the x version obsolete and unneeded but that it did not remove them automatically.

Can you provide some guidance here? Thanks a bunch!

ES

My vista business 64 system gets a driver signature error every time it boots. The driver it is failing on is nvrdx64.sys (note the x). When I look in device manager, none of the following devices are using that driver. The first 3 are using nvrd64.sys (no x).

o NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller

o NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Does this mean I don't need the nvrdX64.sys version of the driver and I can delete the registry entry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\nvrdx64

Barack Obama would say: "Yes, you can".

You are right regarding your thoughts where the registry comes fom. Unfortunately NVIDIA often changed the names of the nForce S-ATA and RAID drivers. So if you update them with a renamed driver, the old one remains within the registry and even within the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS folder.

I had an error window coming up at Windows startup as a result of the flubbed nforce 15.17 release, and I tried to fix it once and for all yesterday. This led to Windows loading as a black screen, and in safe mode I had a screen but the mouse and keyboard no longer worked. I slipstreamed the drivers (32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL and 32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL) and SP3 into a disc as per this guide and attempted a Windows repair install. My hardware setup is Asus A8N-Sli Premium with Windows XP on Raid 0 and Vista on a separate drive. Vista I can live without so I unplugged that drive during the XP repair, hoping it would yield a single boot configuration. Everything seemed to go well up until XP attempted to boot for the first time, where it bluescreened. The error code is 0x0000007b and the MS Support Page lists "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" as part of the error but there is no such mention of it on my bluescreen. I'm stuck wondering if I should slipstream a different set of drivers, or try and find my Vista CD and attempt to reinstall it on the secondary drive in hopes of redoing the dual-boot BCD.

Any insights would be appreciated.