Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

thanks, your reply helped :)

The confusion started because i thought nforce drivers were unified for all nforce chipsets, similar to Via Hyperion drivers.

Anyway which of those two is better driver pack... i cant see no difference between them.

MEI's nWare Release 06.10 (x86) has gpu drivers

and everything else is same with nForce 11.10 Unified Remix (x32/x64)

So which is better in your opinion, or do u know someone that has tested both?

Edited by Angelico_Payne

Anyway which of those two is better driver pack... i cant see no difference between them.

So which is better in your opinion, or do u know someone that has tested both?

There is not really a big difference between them and both are successfully tested on several different nForce chipset systems. I have tested them too.

So it is your decision which one you will take.

The only advice I can give is not to take the included Forceware driver. If you have a NVIDIA graphic adapter , take the latest official Forceware v. 93.71 from NVIDIA's homepage.

If you want to integrate the different drivers of one of those AIO chipset driver packages into a bootable CD, you have to do the following:

1. Unzip the package by using 7-zip or by "installing" the package somewhere, where you find them again (it will not really be installed, but only unzipped).

2. Integrate all drivers you need or want separately by using the nLite options.

Ok that's all the info i needed, muchas gracias.

I will not integrate drivers until relaease of sp3, then i will integrate all the drivers i can find into install. There are several big drivers packs here on forums.

I have all the latest drivers except, u can guess, nforce ;)

Now that's fixed too :)

I've been getting on the 1.3 RC a "Parameter is Incorrect" message while nlite integrates my nvidia raid drivers (the last stage of nlite)--

specifically i'm using:

windows xp w/ sp2 oem dell cd

ryan's 2.1.5a

nvidia's nForce sata_ide and sataraid for 430/410/405/400--Version: 11.09 for MCP61 WHQL drivers that were just released five days ago (1/5/07)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...8.26_11.09.html

anyone else gets this problem?

thanks,

dk

Edited by djkym

I've been getting on the 1.3 RC a "Parameter is Incorrect" message while nlite integrates my nvidia raid drivers (the last stage of nlite)--

specifically i'm using:

nvidia's nForce sata_ide and sataraid for 430/410/405/400--Version: 11.09 for MCP61 WHQL drivers that were just released five days ago (1/5/07)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...8.26_11.09.html

Please try to integrate just the SATARAID subfolder of the new nForce driver package and report here if you succeed this way. Your experience with this brandnew nForce chipset package might be useful for other users with a similar hardware configuration.

As I have written within my first post, the driver combination method (SATARAID+SATA_IDE) is not useful for all nForce SataRaid systems.

Please try to integrate just the SATARAID subfolder of the new nForce driver package and report here if you succeed this way. Your experience with this brandnew nForce chipset package might be useful for other users with a similar hardware configuration.

As I have written within my first post, the driver combination method (SATARAID+SATA_IDE) is not useful for all nForce SataRaid systems.

no go with even just sataraid driver--still get two "Parameters Incorrect" messages during driver integration stage and "insert disc 2" when i try running a burned cd of it...

Edited by djkym

no go with even just sataraid driver--still get two "Parameters Incorrect" messages during driver integration stage and "insert disc 2" when i try running a burned cd of it...
Thanks for your reply.

If you took a clean XP CD as source and didn't edit any SIF or OEM file, I see only 2 possibilities for your issue: Either nLite 1.3RC or NVIDIA's brandnew driver package is buggy concerning your special hardware configuration.

As next step I suppose to create a new nLited CD without integrating ryan's 2.1.5a.

If you don't succeed, you have 2 options left:

1. Try to install XP by using the original source and loading the new nForce 11.09 drivers via F6/floppy method. If you get the same error, I suggest to try the nForce SataRaid drivers from this driver package.

2. Build a CD by using this version of nLite.

Please report here about the results.

Hi,

I've read most of the pages on this discussion and I must say that this is all very confusing.

I have a nforce3(msi neo2 platinium) and 2 HD's that I would liket o run in stripping mode, can anyone post a patch with a working setup ?

If there are so many people that got this working, why doesn't someone post a package with the nvidia drivers that work, and

those txt files with the info of the nvidia drivers?

So all it would be needed to get a working cd, is to move the files to the i386 dir and burn a cd.

I miss consistency of the information provided and more detailed information, otherwise its dificult to make use of it.

I've read most of the pages on this discussion and I must say that this is all very confusing.

I have a nforce3(msi neo2 platinium) and 2 HD's that I would liket o run in stripping mode, can anyone post a patch with a working setup ?

If there are so many people that got this working, why doesn't someone post a package with the nvidia drivers that work, and

those txt files with the info of the nvidia drivers?

So all it would be needed to get a working cd, is to move the files to the i386 dir and burn a cd.

I miss consistency of the information provided and more detailed information, otherwise its dificult to make use of it.

1. You should not read all the pages of this thread, which is really confusing. As I have written in my first post, all important things are layed down there.

2. The integration of actual nForce SataRaid drivers into a bootable OS CD is not as easy as you think. It is impossible to create something link a patch usable for everyone, because different chipsets, different mainboards, different hdd combination and even different BIOS versions may need different drivers or driver combinations.

3. If you want an easy and perfectly working method to get Windows XP installed onto your nForce3 RAID system, use the F6/floppy method and take the nForce chipset driver package v.5.10 or 5.11. But if you want to integrate the newest (and probably better) nForce SataRaid drivers into a bootable CD, you should do what is written within my first post.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I would have taken the F6 /floppy procedure anytime, the problem is that I don't have a floppy drive. Thats why im here. :hello:

I think the information on the front page its _very_ confusing, thats why I tried to clarify by reading more on the discussion,

it only made me even more confused. :wacko:

A suggestion is to simplify and organize the information in the front page, I don't know if more people found it confusing or if its only me...

This is what i've done, pelase correct me if something is wrong, ok ?

1] As the source I got a windows xp + sp2 (extracted the files into my harddrive, so I have c:\XPCD).

2] Open nlite and select the source as c:\XPCD

3] "Task selection" on nlite I select "Integrate Drivers" and under "Setup" I choose "unattended", and finally I choose "bootable iso" and press next.

4] Downloaded the "nForce_6.53_WinXP2K_english.exe" file and extracted the contents to a folder called "nForce_6.53_WinXP2K_english"

5] in nlite I selected "insert" and choose "Multiple driver folder" and browsed to the /IDE/WinXP folder where I extracted the nForce driver mentioned before

6] nlite finds: "nvatabus.inf" and "nvraid.inf" - O hold "control" down and select both files, selected as textmode drivers, and press next.

7] The unattended window comes up - here I customize the diferent options, such as serial key, ip address and users, and press next.

8] The process begins, make the resulting iso image and burn it with nero afterwards.

Now, when I boot the machine with this cd, would or wouldnt it be possible to have a raid setup on a nforce3 ?

<edit>

The WINNT.SIF file its missing any reference to the nvidia drivers .. how is this suppose to work ?

I thought nlite did this....

</edit>

thanks.

Edited by nuno.alexandre

This is what i've done, pelase correct me if something is wrong, ok ?

1] As the source I got a windows xp + sp2 (extracted the files into my harddrive, so I have c:\XPCD).

2] Open nlite and select the source as c:\XPCD

3] "Task selection" on nlite I select "Integrate Drivers" and under "Setup" I choose "unattended", and finally I choose "bootable iso" and press next.

4] Downloaded the "nForce_6.53_WinXP2K_english.exe" file and extracted the contents to a folder called "nForce_6.53_WinXP2K_english"

5] in nlite I selected "insert" and choose "Multiple driver folder" and browsed to the /IDE/WinXP folder where I extracted the nForce driver mentioned before

6] nlite finds: "nvatabus.inf" and "nvraid.inf" - O hold "control" down and select both files, selected as textmode drivers, and press next.

7] The unattended window comes up - here I customize the diferent options, such as serial key, ip address and users, and press next.

8] The process begins, make the resulting iso image and burn it with nero afterwards.

Now, when I boot the machine with this cd, would or wouldnt it be possible to have a raid setup on a nforce3 ?

I don't know. Why don't you just try it?

to point 4: The 6.53 package is an old package and was primarily designed for nForce4 chipsets. The better choice for the integration of nForce3 compatible SataRaid drivers would be either Mei's Unified Driver Package (as proposed within my guide) or - as an old but safe option - the special nForce3 chipset driver package v. 5.11. Unfortunately I forgot to mention the "official" nForce3 chipset driver packages v. 5.10 and 5.11 within my guide.

In this respect I agree with you, that my guide is not clear enough for users with an nForce3 RAID system. I will modify this point within my guide (UPDATE: Done!).

to point 5: I proposed to use the "Single Driver" method to avoid the integration of wrong drivers.

The WINNT.SIF file its missing any reference to the nvidia drivers .. how is this suppose to work ?

I thought nlite did this....

You should trust the tool nLite. There is nothing to warry about the WINNT.SIF. Edited by Fernando 1

Hi,

I am struggling for some days now to get this working, hope you can help.

I am trying to setup a RAID 5 configuration with the following components:

3 * WD32000YS disks

Mainboard GA-M51GM-S2G with nVidia nForce 430 chipset

Windows XP Pro SP1

RAID bios version 6.70

I tried the F6-Floppy disk and the nLite method as stated in the first topic. I used the most current SATARAID WHQL certified drivers. It's not clear to me if I should use the MCP51 or MCP61 version so I tried both. In the current driver package there is no LEGACY or PATARAID directory available.

These are the options I tried:

F6 method

SataRAID 6.86 (MCP61 English US version)

Result endless reboots at end of installation

nLite method

SataRAID 6.86 (MCP61 English US version) including SataIDE and SMBus 4.5.7

nLite method

SataRAID 6.66 (MCP51 English US version) including SataIDE and SMBus 4.5.2

Raid array degraded during installation reboot (just before GUI part)

nLite method

SataRAID 6.86 (MCP61 International version) including SataIDE

Hope you can help.

Greetz,

Theo

I am struggling for some days now to get this working, hope you can help.

I am trying to setup a RAID 5 configuration with the following components:

3 * WD32000YS disks

Mainboard GA-M51GM-S2G with nVidia nForce 430 chipset

Windows XP Pro SP1

RAID bios version 6.70

I tried the F6-Floppy disk and the nLite method as stated in the first topic. I used the most current SATARAID WHQL certified drivers. It's not clear to me if I should use the MCP51 or MCP61 version so I tried both. In the current driver package there is no LEGACY or PATARAID directory available.

Hi Theo,

why didn't you try the drivers Gigabyte offers for your mainboard? Here is the link to the GA-M51GM-S2G driver page: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...me=GA-M51GM-S2G

Gigabyte recommends to take these nForce RAID drivers for Windows XP: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...amp;FileID=2693

Create a driver floppy and use it via F6 or integrate the content of the driver floppy with nLite.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I forgot to mention my first step:

F6 method

SataRAID 6.66 delivered with Gygabyte mainboard (Tried version on CD and from internet)

Result: Raid array degraded during installation reboot (just before GUI part)

Just to be sure I just tried:

nLite method

SataRAID 6.66 delivered with Gygabyte mainboard (from internet)

Raid array degraded during installation reboot (just before GUI part)

I the situation of a degraded array I can complete the XP installation and even rebuild the array with the windows version of mediashield. By a direct reboot the RAID Bios shows a Healthy array. Only after a minute or so 1 disks drops out of the RAID set again.

Already checked and zeroed the disks with Data Lifeguard from WD, no errors were found.

Any suggestion?

Theo

I the situation of a degraded array I can complete the XP installation and even rebuild the array with the windows version of mediashield. By a direct reboot the RAID Bios shows a Healthy array. Only after a minute or so 1 disks drops out of the RAID set again.

Already checked and zeroed the disks with Data Lifeguard from WD, no errors were found.

Any suggestion?

1. Check your RAID configuration (healthy? set as bootable?) and BIOS settings (no overclockung, set RAID as first bootable hard disk device).

2. Check your memory sticks or remove one after the other, if you have more than 1 stick.

3. Unplug all unneeded devices.

4. Slipstream SP2 into your XP CD.

Then try again to install XP by using F6 method.

If everything fails, you should think about to RMA your mainboard.