Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

I did just as you wrote in the OP

I added the SATAraid folder in textmode and nLite automatically added the Sata_IDE folder

A total of 3 entries in the driver list in nLite

You may try to remove the automaticly integrated SATA_IDE driver.

Another idea: Do you have a S-ATA connected CDROM/DVD?

Alright, I'll try that

Nope, my CD drives are standard IDE

I added the SATAraid folder in textmode and nLite automatically added the Sata_IDE folder

Alright, I'll try that

Your reported problems are very unusual, especially the error message about the TXTSETUP.SIF file. The BSOD with the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL" is very common and must not be a real hardware issue.

My advice: Check your RAM, use default timings (no overclocking during the XP installation) and try your nLited CD again.

Alright, I'll try that

Your reported problems are very unusual, especially the error message about the TXTSETUP.SIF file. The BSOD with the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL" is very common and must not be a real hardware issue.

My advice: Check your RAM, use default timings (no overclocking during the XP installation) and try your nLited CD again.

I just tried without the Sata_ide and it blue screened without an error message - stop 0x000007e was the only thing identifying the message. It blue screened right after the setup screen loaded FAT and NTFS and said Now starting windows...

I just tried without the Sata_ide and it blue screened without an error message - stop 0x000007e was the only thing identifying the message. It blue screened right after the setup screen loaded FAT and NTFS and said Now starting windows...
Did you try it once more with your first nLited CD (using SATARAID+SATA_IDE of the 6.86 package) and failed it again?

If yes, try to take the LEGACY subfolder of the 6.70 or 6.85 package.

EDIT: It might be a good idea to uncheck "Oem preinstall" within nLite processing.

Edited by Fernando 1

Did you try it once more with your first nLited CD (using SATARAID+SATA_IDE of the 6.86 package) and failed it again?

If yes, try to take the LEGACY subfolder of the 6.70 or 6.85 package.

EDIT: It might be a good idea to uncheck "Oem preinstall" within nLite processing.

i tried with legacy of 6.7 and a fresh winxp copy and unchecked oem preinstall

it froze and bluescreened at the same point videoprt.sys

I am really at a loss with your problem.

Another question: Which hdd's are you using (manufacturer, SATA1/2)?

Another idea: Maybe your 430 W PSU is not powerful enough for your system.

I am really at a loss with your problem.

Another question: Which hdd's are you using (manufacturer, SATA1/2)?

Another idea: Maybe your 430 W PSU is not powerful enough for your system.

guten morgen

i'm using 2 western digital 250gb sata2 drives RAIDed as JBOD

i've been running the system on the 430w PSU for a few months now with no problems at all - gaming, rendering, etc.

i'm using 2 western digital 250gb sata2 drives RAIDed as JBOD

i've been running the system on the 430w PSU for a few months now with no problems at all - gaming, rendering, etc.

Hi AJPatel,

I am really sorry, but I can't help you.

Your problem has obviously nothing to do with the integration of the SataRaid drivers, but with your hardware.

If you have a multiboot system and you have access to the partition where the XP installation failed, search for the files SETUPERR.LOG and SETUPAPI.LOG. You can find them both within the WINDOWS directory. Look into both files (within SETUPAPI.LOG only the last lines are interesting).

More tips:

1. Control your SATA cables.

2. Test your RAM sticks with MEMTEST, try to install XP with 1 stick.

3. Unplug all unneeded devices (COM, USB etc.) during the XP install.

4. Don't integrate any other drivers unless the nForce SataRaid ones.

Good luck!

Fernando

I have been trying to get Windows XP w/SP2 Installed on the this new system in a RAID 0 config for over a week now. Specs:

AMD FX55

Abit A8N SLI x32

2gig Adata RAM

GForce 7600 GT

Cooler MAster 500W PSU

Samsung DVD/CD RW

2 X 150Gig Raptor HDs

I have used Nlite to make the disk with the newest sata_RAid and the 6.70 package

I seem to get windows installed ok, and everything is ok for a while and running (almost) great. OF course there are unistalled devices in teh device manager, so I install those, and I always end up with one 'unknown' device.. and a raid controller.. which I now learned this is the SIL controller.. I am not sure what the unknown is.. this current installation I was able to get rid of it.. I am guessing it is part of the SIL driver or ACPI.

Anyways after many installations the same thing happens after a couple hours, things start to 'lag' a little bit... Internet explorer starts crashing ..normally this expected to a point with MS, i know.. but this happens A LOT!! then a blue screen comes.. goes really fast... then I reboot sometimes it goes to windows, but iut usually wont take to blue screen again.. nvXXX files amongst others (i dont have them all.. this pc is for a friend, and i do not have a log of all of them

Currently I am using the system and it very slow to respond.. also I can not open IE at all, or any type of folder or anything that uses the EXPLORER.exe shell

1. what is the best driver package to use from NVidia?

2. Should I or SHould I not use the IDE PnP driver than Nlite adds automatically

3. Do I need to remove any windows components

4. What steps are required after the install?

Currently I am using the system and it very slow to respond.. also I can not open IE at all, or any type of folder or anything that uses the EXPLORER.exe shell

1. what is the best driver package to use from NVidia?

2. Should I or SHould I not use the IDE PnP driver than Nlite adds automatically

3. Do I need to remove any windows components

4. What steps are required after the install?

1. There is no "best driver package" useful for every nForce chipset and mainboard. For your system I would try either the 6.86 or the 6.91 chipset driver package.

2. You may try to install Windows XP by just loading (F6) or integrating the SATARAID subfolder of the nForce chipset driver package, but I think, that you will probably need the NVATABUS.INF/NVATA.INF (only available with LEGACY subfolder or with the combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE) to get XP installed onto your nForce RAID array.

3. No.

4. Nothing is required.

2. You may try to install Windows XP by just loading (F6) or integrating the SATARAID subfolder of the nForce chipset driver package, but I think, that you will probably need the NVATABUS.INF/NVATA.INF (only available with LEGACY subfolder or with the combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE) to get XP installed onto your nForce RAID array.

Combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE folders is the same as taking the legacy folder or no? ...

Isnt doing that combination the same as using NLite to do the adding the SATARAID as textmode and it automatically taking the IDE as PnP? (which I have tried)

Edited by maadhatter

Combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE folders is the same as taking the legacy folder or no? ...
It is not really the same.

Differences:

1. The combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE does not work with some nForce chipsets.

2. You won't get WHQL-certified drivers by using the LEGACY subfolder.

3. The combination SATARAID+SATA_IDE prevents the installation of the nForce P-ATA (=sw/IDE) driver. You will get the MS Dual Channel PCI-IDE Controller driver. When you integrate the LEGACY subfolder, you will get the nForce P-ATA driver installed.

Isnt doing that combination the same as using NLite to do the adding the SATARAID as textmode and it automatically taking the IDE as PnP? (which I have tried)
Yes, nLite v. 1.2.1 integrates automaticly the SATA_IDE subfolder as PnP, if you are going to integrate the SATARAID subfolder of an nForce chipset package.

Thank You Very Much Fernando for helping me out, along with everyone else too.

I just copied the contents of the SATARAID folder of 6.86 and loaded an original XP PRo w/SP2 CD then tried loading drivers VIA F6 and it says:

File nvatabus.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 2113 ib d:\xpsprtm\base\setup\oemdisk.c.

Press any key to continue.

EDIT: THAT WAS A BAD FLOPPY DISK... waiting on results

This is extreemly frustrating, its been almost 2 weeks of trying 100 different things... I am wondering if there is some hardware that is failing somewhere(Motherboard), not because of this error, but the fact I have had it working great for several hours and then it falls apart with nvraid and dcom errors in the event viewer)

Alos Ive seen people say putting the Raptors on SATA 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.. does that really help?

I am thinking about putting the memory in my machine (2 x RAID 0 arrays, 2 * segate 80gig and 2x 300gig segates.. xp pro on the 80s vista on the 300s) but I dont want to screw up my arrays!

Edited by maadhatter

This is extreemly frustrating, its been almost 2 weeks of trying 100 different things... I am wondering if there is some hardware that is failing somewhere(Motherboard), not because of this error, but the fact I have had it working great for several hours and then it falls apart with nvraid and dcom errors in the event viewer)
1. Did you test your RAM with Memtest?

2. What is about your PSU? With your system you need much and extremely constant power.

Alos Ive seen people say putting the Raptors on SATA 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.. does that really help?
I don't know.

OK so the RAID installed again fine Lst night (or at least it seemed that way) using 6.86 SATARAID Drivers only and doing a standard F6 install.

I then installed the whole 6.86 package WITHOUT SW DRIVERS (is this correct or no.. i found conflicting information about these... and I think I hit yes to install this previous times, so I hit no this time)

I installed 93.71 Video Drivers

Everything OK at this point.. I shut the computer down and then left for the night so I did not do anything else to it.

Got home after working today(and golfing :P) turned on the computer got it hooked up to the internet (ICS - Xover cable through my wirless on My computer..works great actually)... Everything seems OK

I installed firefox, Azureus downloaded 2 Small torrents.. Everything still fine... I was just surfing the web, and boom "Internet Explorer has to close" ...Ok its windows... then again.. Went back to FireFox.. even that got a simular error.

so now im like Crap..

Realized I did not do windows updates yet.. so I do this (custom) Downloaded everything OK, then started installing updates ... I got another error

"Generic Host Process for WIN 32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I rebooted the machine, and it looks like it is starting the whole update process over again.. checked EVENT VIEWER:

NVRAID Erros:

-"The device , , hasa bad block"

Event ID 7

Source NVRAID

DISK Errors:

The Device \Device\HardDisk0\D, has a bad block

Event ID 7

Source DISk

Symbolic NAme: IO_ERR_BAD_BLOCK

Explanation: The device has a bad block of memory, which Windows was unable to read. Data might be missing or corrupted

OK.. Well w/o running memtest yet, according to this the Harddrive(s) is bad!..PowerSupply is 500W CoolerMaster CPT 500T Rock Solid Reviews ( LINK http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817159040 ) But I do not know if this actually meens the physical drive is bad, or the drivers for the RAID are not properly working... DO I RMA the hard Drives or what?!

JSUT DL western digital diags.. installed checked the box to run the app... and the machine rebooted!.. then got stuck at the Windows XP loading screen..this is not looking good!

Edited by maadhatter