Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

What if I want to use the Microsoft drivers and not the nVidia ones?

I had to restore the default Microsoft ones, because that f***ing Safely Remove Hardware service was continuously plugging/unpluggling my SATA II hard drives - even the C drive !? :realmad: - and I had to run the Recovery Console twice...

Now

I gave a look at the Microsoft driver details and it lists ATAPI.SYS, PCIIDE.SYS and PCIIDEX.SYS.

Considering these files how can I integrate them so that the Windows XP Professional installation is able to install on my SATA drives without the need of external drivers?

What other file - i.e. .INF, .CAT, etc. are needed for them?

What if I want to use the Microsoft drivers and not the nVidia ones?

I had to restore the default Microsoft ones, because that f***ing Safely Remove Hardware service was continuously plugging/unpluggling my SATA II hard drives - even the C drive !? :realmad: - and I had to run the Recovery Console twice...

Now

I gave a look at the Microsoft driver details and it lists ATAPI.SYS, PCIIDE.SYS and PCIIDEX.SYS.

Considering these files how can I integrate them so that the Windows XP Professional installation is able to install on my SATA drives without the need of external drivers?

What other file - i.e. .INF, .CAT, etc. are needed for them?

Although you didn't mention your hardware config, I assume, that you have an nForce4 SataRaid system.

What you mean are the MS Standard P-ATA(=IDE) drivers for the device named "Standard Dual Channel PCI-IDE Controller". These MS drivers are already "in-the-box" with Windows XP. If you want to install them, there is no need for external drivers or files.

It is no problem to replace the "NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller" by the "Standard Dual Channel PCI-IDE Controller":

a ) open the device manager and open the section IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controller

b ) right-click on the NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller and choose the "update driver software" option

c ) within the following 3 windows always choose the lowest option and click "Continue"

d ) when you enable the option "Show compatible Hardware" within the last pop-up window, you can choose the "Standard Dual Channel PCI-IDE Controller" as fully compatible IDE Controller.

e ) after the next reboot you will have the MS Standard P-ATA drivers instead of the nForce P-ATA drivers.

What I don't understand is your "Safely remove hardware" story. Which service was continuously plugging/unpluggling my SATA II hard drives? Can't you just stop/disable this "service"?

Edited by Fernando 1

What I don't understand is your "Safely remove hardware" story. Which service was continuously plugging/unpluggling my SATA II hard drives? Can't you just stop/disable this "service"?

No way, I need that for my USB/Firewire drives. :D

About the IDE issue I know that, but I also know I have to supply some drivers when Windows installation starts - I am talking about the F6 stuff - otherwise Windows won't detect any SATA / SATA II hard disk.

For some reason the setup doesn't use the Microsoft drivers. <_<

About the IDE issue I know that, but I also know I have to supply some drivers when Windows installation starts - I am talking about the F6 stuff - otherwise Windows won't detect any SATA / SATA II hard disk.

For some reason the setup doesn't use the Microsoft drivers. <_<

If you have an nForce4 mainboard with the option of using SataRaid and PataRaid ports and if you have created an nForce4 array, you have no chance to install the MS IDE drivers at the beginning or during the OS installation.

The only possibility you have is to replace the NVIDIA P-ATA by the MS IDE drivers (for details see my last post) after the complete installation of the OS.

The only possibility you have is to replace the NVIDIA P-ATA by the MS IDE drivers (for details see my last post) after the complete installation of the OS.

Exactly what I am doing atm and so will I do then in the future. :}

I had a bluescreen using NLITE today too, (0x0000007b 0xbacc3524). All windows setup was passed, but just before entering Windows it gave me the BSOD.

Anyway, I read most of the posts here for integrating NForce SATARAID drivers and found that my problem was lying with the NForce SATARAID drivers. (I have a new system MSI K9N NEO (Nforce 550 chipset), AMD AM2 - 4600+, Asus 7900GT. I changed my drivers from the ones on the MSI site to the ones on my CDROM I got with the NForce chipset.

What I did was kept the SCSI/RAID drivers in windows (Deleted all other standard drivers, except SCSI/RAID). And used the shipped drivers (found under folder \nVidia\System\MCP55). Slipstreamed again using WXPPRO (int SP2), unattended, made iso with CDIMAGE, booted and no problems anymore.

Hope this helps for some of you

I had a bluescreen using NLITE today too, (0x0000007b 0xbacc3524). All windows setup was passed, but just before entering Windows it gave me the BSOD.

Anyway, I read most of the posts here for integrating NForce SATARAID drivers and found that my problem was lying with the NForce SATARAID drivers. (I have a new system MSI K9N NEO (Nforce 550 chipset), AMD AM2 - 4600+, Asus 7900GT. I changed my drivers from the ones on the MSI site to the ones on my CDROM I got with the NForce chipset.

What I did was kept the SCSI/RAID drivers in windows (Deleted all other standard drivers, except SCSI/RAID). And used the shipped drivers (found under folder \nVidia\System\MCP55). Slipstreamed again using WXPPRO (int SP2), unattended, made iso with CDIMAGE, booted and no problems anymore.

Thank you very much for your troubleshooting report.

It would be very important to know, which nForce IDE driver version you used at least (check the "properties" of the NVRAID.SYS by right-clicking on the file) and which driver subfolder you integrated.

@ all users with an nForce 590/570/550 chipset and an nForce RAID array:

As I cannot test my guide with these new nForce chipsets, I am very interested to get feedback from you.

• Did you succeed with the integration of the nForce SataRaid drivers by using nLite?
  • Which chipset driver packages did you use?
  • Did you try to integrate just the SATARAID instead of the LEGACY subfoder? If yes, did the integration succeed?

okay..i followed the latest install guide in this thread, when i got through with the install i rebooted and the windows boot screen popped up real faint and now it reboots infinitely at this same point everytime

the bios info at the bottom of the page says: 07/06/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00

IT'S A DFI Lanparty UT NF4 ULTRA-D mobo

i have 4 hitachi 250Gb SATA drives in raid 0+1 and running @3.0gbs

I'm using nLite 1.01 and integrated the following drivers:

NVATABUS.inf

NVRAID.inf

those are the only two things i saw in the window for selection in nLite....the SATARaid and IDE folder contained everything, but it only chose those two things for install

the readme in the nvraid folder states this:

This Win2K/XP nForce (C19/CK804 and C51/CK804) driver package consists of the following components:

Audio Driver (v4.62) "WHQL"

Audio Utility (v4.51)

Ethernet Driver MCP51 (v50.11) "WHQL"

Network Management Tools MCP51 (v50.11)

SMBus Driver (v4.50) "WHQL"

Installer (v5.01)

Win2K IDE Legacy Driver (v5.52)

Win2K IDE SataRAID Driver (v5.52) "WHQL"

Win2K IDE SataIDE Driver (v5.52) "WHQL"

Win2K RAIDTool Application (v5.52)

WinXP IDE Legacy Driver (v5.52)

WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v5.52) "WHQL"

WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v5.52) "WHQL"

WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v5.52)

what is going on here and how can i remedy this hellish nightmare...i had similar problems with my last pc

okay..i followed the latest install guide in this thread, when i got through with the install i rebooted and the windows boot screen popped up real faint and now it reboots infinitely at this same point everytime

the bios info at the bottom of the page says: 07/06/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00

IT'S A DFI Lanparty UT NF4 ULTRA-D mobo

As I have exactly the same motherboard, I suppose, that the present BIOS version of your mobo does not support the integration of the new nForce SataRaid drivers.

My advice:

1. Check your nLited XP CD, if you have integrated the correct IDE\WinXP driver subfolder (only the LEGACY works with your board, don't use the SATARAID or SATA_IDE one!). If necessary, create a new nLited XP CD with integrated LEGACY subfolder off the 6.70 or 6.85 chipset driver package as TEXTMODE driver.

2. Download the newest BIOS for your motherboard dated 2006/04/06 (look here: http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios...=A&SITE=US)

3. Flash the new BIOS named NF4LD406.BIN (look into the tutorial for BIOS flashing at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php?)

4. Restore the necessary RAID and SATA entries within your BIOS.

5. Install Windows XP by using the nLited CD. If Windows Setup asks for CAT files, just skip. This has no influence at all for a successful installation.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

i have the 704BTA from OCZ Tony, which is better and more stable than the 0406...the 0406 has some good fixes but overclocking isn't supposed to be as nice with it...i'm also wondering if having multiple session log files in the same folder can be causing issues with the CD

i have the 704BTA from OCZ Tony, which is better and more stable than the 0406...the 0406 has some good fixes but overclocking isn't supposed to be as nice with it...i'm also wondering if having multiple session log files in the same folder can be causing issues with the CD
1. What RAID BIOS version do you have (look at the second boot display)?

2. Did you do the XP installation with GENIE BIOS default settings (no overclocking)?

Edited by Fernando 1

it says 4.84 as the NVRaid bios

i'm going to try it all over from scratch, i just noticed those config files (three different sessions) in my ISO folder, i think that may be affecting the install...then if that fails i will switch bios to 406

and yes the system is completely stock, no overclocking..yet..but she's watercooled, so it'll happen eventually

Edited by the_vandyl

okay, well i was correct, i had some bad config logs in my folder, i started with a fresh install and now everything went well...i had about 4 trial Nlite configs, three of which were not complete, those must have somehow been messing with the install when nlite created the iso they were in it...also, i did pull the raid drivers from the sata and ide folders, so that may have been the cause as well...thanks for the help

Hello,

Does integrating the nvraid drivers as texmode drivers in nLite resolve the issue of them being replaced by the incorrect IDE ones in guimode? Or is guimode skipped with an unattended install? (My first install with nlite, sorry if this is a stupid question)

Thanks!

rodrif