Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Dear Fernando 1:

Thanks for your excellent instructions and the nlite prgram that I had succesfully installed the Windows 2003 Server 64bit version on the SATA RAID of our SUN FIRE X2100 server few months ago.

Unfortunately, there are some incompatibities between the OS and the apps we try to use (Cold Fusion and Crystal Report 8.0), I am forced to wipe out the whole server and start installing 32 bit version of Windows Server 2003 first.

This time I am hitting the wall. With quite a few CDs already with different driver (6.69, 6.70, mixed), I always get to the same "The file nvrdx64.sys is corrupted" error.

What is this file doing here any way? I am installing the 32 bit version.

Please help.

Thanks you very much.

This time I am hitting the wall. With quite a few CDs already with different driver (6.69, 6.70, mixed), I always get to the same "The file nvrdx64.sys is corrupted" error.

What is this file doing here any way? I am installing the 32 bit version.

If you want to install a 32-bit OS like Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 you have to take one of the 32-bit nForce driver packages (look into the first post of this thread). As the NVRDX64.SYS is a 64-bit driver, the 32-bit OS cannot install it.

CU

Fernando

What i have done is that i have a windows xp cd with sp2 already and it has alot of other raid drivers this DVD was already Unattended
You should not take the drivers off a CD or DVD, which was already built by a tool like nLite.
i created a map OEMDIR in $OEM$\$$\
Why did you do this? This makes no sense. The OemInfFiles method does not work with the RC versions of nLite.
Sorry, but i'm slightly confused. :P I'm not sure what chipset driver package i should be using. I've bought a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, which arrives tommorow. Do i download the 6.70 or the 6.85 drivers?
The best nForce driver packege for your board (I have the same) is the 6.70 one.

Thanks for the fast reply.

This is what I have found out. I downloaded the Nvidia professional driver from the offcial website which claimed to be 32 bit driver but actually is , I believe, a 64 bit version.

Then the mistake of mine is not using a fresh OS copy every time. What I assumed to be new driver still contains the contamined contents from the first try and failed with the same error.

Two things learned:

1. Always use a fresh OS copy every time a new driver is tested.

2. The 6.69 SATARAID driver itself is good enough (in my case) . No need to copy the 6.70 files nor the IDE files.

Thanks.

Two things learned:

1. Always use a fresh OS copy every time a new driver is tested.

2. The 6.69 SATARAID driver itself is good enough (in my case) . No need to copy the 6.70 files nor the IDE files.

I agree, but point 2 might only be correct for you, if you want to install Windows Server 2003. Because of the lack of a LEGACY subfolder within the package 6.69 normal users have to add some files off the 6.70 package (see my first post). Edited by Fernando 1

thnx Fernando 1

i will try it with a fresh copy of windows xp with no stuff on it maby that's why i get some strange things

butt can i use a windows xp with sp2 alraedy slippstreamed ?

thnx for the tips

when i have more time i will test it again

Blue screen at bootup still. Burned a CD at 8X. Are you sure that i dont need nvata.cat and nvraid.cat to some how get loaded during the setup files copy phase?
I am sure, that they are not necessary, but nevertheless you may add them if you want.

I think that either your system does not comply with the requirements of the driver integration method layed down in my first post (overclocked system, ACPI not enabled or nVRaid BIOS version lower than 4.84) or you have a hardware problem which has to be resolved first.

I am so lost...
Here is another nForce SataRaid driver integration method you may try:

http://board.vitaligraf.de/showthread.php?...id=1011#pid1011

Good luck!

Fernando

That software didnt work either. I keep getting a corrupted or missing ntfs.dll or some other error. i tried another cdrom drive and got the same result. i think it's my motherboard...

my ram tests out fine after 14 hours of testing, my hard drives are error free, cdrom drive is fine. even tried different sata cables. *sigh*

what a nightmare

@ all users of this thread, who want help:

As I am not at home for 5 weeks, I cannot take part in this thread for a while, but I am sure, that there are other forum members, who will help you.

I'll be back here at the end of May.

CU

Fernando

EDIT: I had to cancel my trip - so I will be present for needed help.

Edited by Fernando 1

please help..

i've followed the directions exactly. i made the changes to the sataraid folder (as per the 2nd insatll method under windows xp) and then just added as a driver via nlite one of the files in the sataraid folder (it only showed me 3 files) and that added the two drivers.

i've cleared the raid and sarted over did a new install...i see the windows cd setup show the nvidia raid class storage and the other raid driver however all i (after all installing is done) ever get is a quick flash of the windows xp screen then my system just reboots..and does the samethign over and over.

safe mode gives the same result....if i do safemode with command prompt i can see it pauses for a second at mup.sys then does the reboot..so i then found out how to disable mup and now it just crashes at the next file after mup (i.e. mup was not the problem)

please help guys i've been fighting with this tyring to get a bootable raid 0 for over two weeks straight.

2nd question: if i follow:

Windows XP:

For the integration of the SataRaid or PataRaid drivers I propose to take the new official 32-bit NVIDIA nForce chipset driver package v. 6.70 (you may download it here, then extract the content). Fortunately NVIDIA has established a subfolder named LEGACY within the IDE\WinXP directory of this package. As this subfolder contains all necessary files, for most of the users any further preparations of this package are dispensable.

do i need to add everything from each of these 4 or 5 folders into nlite? because nlite will not let me just add the legacy folder... this is not clear at all..

thanks

joe

my sys info: (im not overclocking at all for when i do this install btw)

****DFI lanparty nf4 expert***

december 2005 DFI official bios

(

Crucial Ballistix 2 x 1gb 3-3-3-6 280 fsb (primary ram)

OR

2x 512 Geil ones DDR400 PC3200 Dual Channel ONE Series ram (Capable running at DDR400MHz CAS 1.5-2-2-5 and DDR 600MHz CAS 2.5-4-4-7 all @ 3.1v or less) (secondary ram)

)

x2 3800 manchester cpu 9X multi (2.53 ghz @ 1.62vcore)

Asetek Xtreme Triple Radiator Liquid Cooling

Huge Coolermaster case + 11 fans (yea!)

2x Zalman Fan controlers (Ze best!)

(2x 5500 geforce cards AND

1 x 6600 geforce (i dont game..just run 6 monitors) )

PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 850watt

Edited by jo2jo

i've cleared the raid and sarted over did a new install...i see the windows cd setup show the nvidia raid class storage and the other raid driver however all i (after all installing is done) ever get is a quick flash of the windows xp screen then my system just reboots..and does the samethign over and over.
Was your Raid array correctly detected by XP setup during the first (TEXTMODE) part of the installation?

You can prevent the reboot, if you hit F8 at the startup and then choose the option "no reboot at system failure". If you are doing this, you probably get a real error message, which shows us the way to solve your problem.

2nd question: if i follow:

Windows XP:
For the integration of the SataRaid or PataRaid drivers I propose to take the new official 32-bit NVIDIA nForce chipset driver package v. 6.70 (you may download it here, then extract the content). Fortunately NVIDIA has established a subfolder named LEGACY within the IDE\WinXP directory of this package. As this subfolder contains all necessary files, for most of the users any further preparations of this package are dispensable.

do i need to add everything from each of these 4 or 5 folders into nlite?

No, you always need only a single folder (a folder with an INF file in it) for the integration of a driver. What I meant is, that there is no reason to copy files off other subfolders, when you choose the easy method by just taking the LEGACY subfolder.

CU

Fernando

I just want to point out that after I spent countless hours trying to integrate these drivers, I discovered that it doesn't work with nlite rc7 (would get bsod when staring windows for first time). It finally worked using nlite rc5. I would still get a lot of 'setup cannot find x file' but can still work hitting esc.

Edited by 99Percent

I just want to point out that after I spent countless hours trying to integrate these drivers, I discovered that it doesn't work with nlite rc7 (would get bsod when staring windows for first time). It finally worked using nlite rc5. I would still get a lot of 'setup cannot find x file' but can still work hitting esc.
It would be helpful, if you give us some informations about your system (mainboard, chipset, hdd's) and the name of the files, which could not be found by the XP setup.

CU

Fernando