Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

I have created a Windows XP SP2 cd with nLite RC7. After the setup formats my RAID array, it copies files and almost completes. When it gets near the end, it pops up with an error saying it cannot copy "nvata.cab" to the drive. I checked the ISO I made, and I see nvata.ca_ on there.

Not sure what to do :(

Can anyone help please?

I have created a Windows XP SP2 cd with nLite RC7. After the setup formats my RAID array, it copies files and almost completes. When it gets near the end, it pops up with an error saying it cannot copy "nvata.cab" to the drive. I checked the ISO I made, and I see nvata.ca_ on there.
The Windows XP setup may have asked for a file named "NVATA.CAT", not for a CAB file. As the NVATA.CAT is not necessary for a successful install of Windows XP onto an nForce Raid array, when you are using nLite, you can choose "skip", if the pop-up window comes up again.

Which nForce driver subfolder (LEGACY or SATARAID plus some extra files) did you integrate?

Did the Windows XP setup detect your Raid array correctly (as 1 disk)?

What chipset does your mainboard have?

The Windows XP setup may have asked for a file named "NVATA.CAT", not for a CAB file. As the NVATA.CAT is not necessary for a successful install of Windows XP onto an nForce Raid array, when you are using nLite, you can choose "skip", if the pop-up window comes up again.

Which nForce driver subfolder (LEGACY or SATARAID plus some extra files) did you integrate?

Did the Windows XP setup detect your Raid array correctly (as 1 disk)?

What chipset does your mainboard have?

I integrated the SATARAID because LEGACY gave me a blue screen once the GUI install tried to start.

It detected my array correctly with LEGACY and SATARAID. I am going to skip that file and see what happens.

I have the nForce 4 SLI AMD chipset (Abit KN8 SLI). Downloaded the latest 6.70 driver pack.

*edit*

After skipping nvata.cat (yes you were right, it was .cat), my computer rebooted and came back with a black screen saying System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys was missing or corrupt.

I've been trying to get this working for over two weeks now.

Edited by rjerina

After skipping nvata.cat (yes you were right, it was .cat), my computer rebooted and came back with a black screen saying System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys was missing or corrupt.
Well, I retried and didnt get the ntfs.sys error. Now I just get another blue screen =\
You probably have a hardware or a CD problem.

Are you sure, that your CD drive and your burned CD are ok?

Please give more details about your system (graphic card, soundcard, IDE and USB devices etc).

Well, I retried and didnt get the ntfs.sys error. Now I just get another blue screen =\
You probably have a hardware or a CD problem.

Are you sure, that your CD drive and your burned CD are ok?

Please give more details about your system (graphic card, soundcard, IDE and USB devices etc).

well my cdrom drive is a LiteOn DVD-+RW. I have no reason to belive the CD's I am making are bad... How else can I test? I installed Windows XP with a CD I've tried in this system and it didnt work (although the one it worked on didnt have SATA).

I have an XFX GeForce 7800GT, onboard sound (Abit KN8 SLI), I have my DVD-+RW and a 180gb EIDE hard drive (the hard drive is unplugged to avoid conflicts), and a USB mouse&keyboard.

Edited by rjerina

well my cdrom drive is a LiteOn DVD-+RW. I have no reason to belive the CD's I am making are bad...
Maybe the burning speed was too high. Burn another CD with a lower speed.

Have you tested your RAM sticks with MEMTEST? If not, do it. Try the install of Windows XP with only 1 RAM stick.

well my cdrom drive is a LiteOn DVD-+RW. I have no reason to belive the CD's I am making are bad...
Maybe the burning speed was too high. Burn another CD with a lower speed.

Have you tested your RAM sticks with MEMTEST? If not, do it. Try the install of Windows XP with only 1 RAM stick.

I tried installing with one RAM stick, I ran memtest+ for about 12-14 hours and found no errors.

I will try burning the CD at a slower speed when I get home. Do you have a suggested speed to burn at?

i got everything installed but now xp wont reconize my cd-rom. how can i fix this?
Maybe your CD-ROM drive is not supported by the nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller driver.

You can fix this problem either by an update of the firmware for your CD-ROM drive or by replacing the nForce P-ATA (=IDE s/w) driver by the MS IDE Standard driver.

Do the following:

1. Open the device manager

2. Open the section IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

3. Right click on nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller

4. Click on "update driver software"

5. Choose "manual install"

6. Choose "let me pick from a list of device drivers"

7. Enable "Show compatible hardware". Now you can see the "MS Dual Channel IDE Bus Controller".

8. Choose it and install it.

After a reboot you will see your CD-ROM drive.

CU

Fernando

I have the same problem that after xp is installed it won't reconized my dvd-rom

i have used the nForce 6.70 from nvidia and slipstream the folder legacy folder only

but the strange part is that after i installed XP, i check device manager and open the section IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers..

I only see IDE Bus Controller and not the nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller :huh:

mine latest configuratie file:

[Drivers]

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\IDE\WinXP\legacy\nvatabus.inf,BUSDRV

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\IDE\WinXP\legacy\nvatabus.inf,RAIDCLASS

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\AudioDrv\nvmcp.inf,0

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\Ethernet\nvenetfd.inf,0

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\SMBus\nf4sys.inf,0

or must i have my ide driver separate intergrate within the Nlite ?

what have i doing wrong ( Sorry For my bad englisch ) :whistle:

Edited by johan1980

I have the same problem that after xp is installed it won't reconized my dvd-rom

i have used the nForce 6.70 from nvidia and slipstream the folder legacy folder only

but the strange part is that after i installed XP, i check device manager and open the section IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers..

I only see IDE Bus Controller and not the nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller

Please give a short description about your system (mainboard, chipset, hdd's).

[Drivers]D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\IDE\WinXP\legacy\nvatabus.inf,BUSDRV

Where did you get the drivers from? Who had created the string D:\UWCD\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR? It seems, that you sampled all drivers from another CD you had created before with another tool (CD Creator?). If you have done this, you have made a big mistake. What have you done before and why?

You have to integrate the drivers from the original driver folders, not from a CD with integrated drivers.

No, the IDE (=P-ATA drivers) are included in the LEGACY subfolder of the nForce SataRaid driver package.

I will try burning the CD at a slower speed when I get home. Do you have a suggested speed to burn at?
Burn it at 8x or 16x speed, if you have a CD burner with a maximal speed of 48x or 52x.

Blue screen at bootup still. Burned a CD at 8X. Are you sure that i dont need nvata.cat and nvraid.cat to some how get loaded during the setup files copy phase?

I am so lost...

Blue screen at bootup still. Burned a CD at 8X. Are you sure that i dont need nvata.cat and nvraid.cat to some how get loaded during the setup files copy phase?
I am sure, that they are not necessary, but nevertheless you may add them if you want.

I think that either your system does not comply with the requirements of the driver integration method layed down in my first post (overclocked system, ACPI not enabled or nVRaid BIOS version lower than 4.84) or you have a hardware problem which has to be resolved first.

I am so lost...
Here is another nForce SataRaid driver integration method you may try:

http://board.vitaligraf.de/showthread.php?...id=1011#pid1011

Good luck!

Fernando

Please give a short description about your system (mainboard, chipset, hdd's).
i have a Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI Nforce4 AMD motherboard,

2 x WD Raptors in raid 0

[Drivers]

D:\uwcd\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR\IDE\WinXP\legacy\nvatabus.inf,BUSDRV

What i have done is that i have a windows xp cd with sp2 already and it has alot of other raid drivers this DVD was already Unattended

i created a map OEMDIR in $OEM$\$$\

and place There my motherboard drivers, after that i intergrate al the drivers whit Nlite

I get the drivers from Nvidia LINK

Where did you get the drivers from? Who had created the string D:\UWCD\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR? It seems, that you sampled all drivers from another CD you had created before with another tool (CD Creator?). If you have done this, you have made a big mistake. What have you done before and why?

You have to integrate the drivers from the original driver folders, not from a CD with integrated drivers.

I make the iso whit CDIMAGE

Evrything go's great i have no problem with the raid and al other drivers !!

Only the IDE i must doing it by hand i only want to fine tune this

Can i not write it in dutch :D that's much easier

Edited by johan1980

Sorry, but i'm slightly confused. :P I'm not sure what chipset driver package i should be using. I've bought a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, which arrives tommorow. Do i download the 6.70 or the 6.85 drivers?