Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

"It said that a new device was found (disk drive), and that it would be ready to use after the next reboot. And the installation continued normally"

No detrimental effect on anything that I can see; this has been the case for me since 1.0b6 and if you install using F6 this message will appear at this time frame in setup also.

Power Management no longer operates correctly 1.0rc1-sytem will not shut off the harddrives, fans, cpu etc. Only the monitor screen will turn off.

The SBA2_PCDrvBeta_LB_2_08_0002 drivers do not  integrate correctly-no sound, no working "Sounds and Audio Devices" console. The drivers had to be installed using Creative's setup program after install.

As I understand your post, your experiences using the new method using nLite 1.0 RC1 were the following:

The integration of the nVRaid drivers succeeded (no BSOD, no endless reboots), but after the installation of Windows XP by your nLited CD you have problems with your power management and with your sound.

Is this correct?

If yes, I will give this information to Nuhi.

When running 1.0rc1 initially to create a new iso, the winnt.sif must be created at the same time as the driver integration or the [OemInfFiles] section is not created and during install my system hung at file copy-had to abort.

The NVATABUS.INF/SYS for ATAPI shows as WHQL-as do all the drivers- if the nforce4 drivers are installed after setup in safe mode using the main setup program, but show the opposite if integrated using nlite-6.66 or 6.67. The inf references the nvata.cat as its signature found in both SATA-XP-folders.

I don't understand, what you have written.

The new version RC1 of nLite 1.0 does not use the OemInfFiles method. EDIT: Nevertheless the final version contains an [OemInfFiles} section.

AFAIK there is still no NVATABUS.SYS, which is WHQL-certified. Although some NVIDIA driver packages are proposed as WHQL-certified, the special nForce Sata Raid drivers are not. Exactly this is the main reason for most of the difficulties.

"It said that a new device was found (disk drive), and that it would be ready to use after the next reboot. And the installation continued normally".

This is the moment, when the Windows XP Setup detects your Raid array. I have seen this popup only with nLite 1.0 Beta6, when I used the OemInfFiles method.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

The integration of the nVRaid drivers succeeded (no BSOD, no endless reboots), but after the installation of Windows XP by your nLited CD you have problems with your power management and with your sound.

Rarely experienced the BSOD or endless reboots-and could not tell you why.

Power Management concern was due to USB mouse "allow this device to bring computer out of standby" in device manager being checked. I never allow this and the Logitech MX518 installation checks this option by default-I forgot to uncheck-once unchecked all is good; power management now shuts all down correctly. Sorry, my error.

The Audigy 2 ZS driver concern is as stated. I have just created a fresh ISO nlite1.0rc1 and will test again on Sunday with a fresh install to see if it repeats....

The new version RC1 of nLite 1.0 does not use the OemInfFiles method at all, you will not find an [OemInfFiles] section within the WINNT.SIF, if you use nLite 1.0 RC1.

Meanwhile, below find the WINNT.sif file just created by nlite1.0rc1.

; Generated by nLite 1.0 RC1

[Data]

Autopartition = 0

MsDosInitiated = 0

UnattendedInstall = Yes

OemDrivers = OemInfFiles

[unattended]

UnattendMode = ProvideDefault

UnattendSwitch = No

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemSkipEula = Yes

FileSystem = *

WaitForReboot = No

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

Hibernation = No

[OemInfFiles]

OemDriverFlags = 1

OemDriverPathName = "%SystemRoot%\nldrv"

OemInfName = "nvatabus.inf","nvraid.inf","nf4pcie.inf","nf4sys.inf","nvsmbus.inf","nvenetfd.inf","nvnetbus.inf","atk2000.inf","snylcd53.inf","ctgame2k.inf","ctljystk.inf","ctusfsyn.inf","wdma_emu.inf","c2_26409.inf","cx_26409.inf","atixpwdm.inf","atinspxp.inf"

[systemRestore]

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 1

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword = No

AdminPassword = "hepna"

TimeZone = 04

OEMSkipRegional = 1

OemSkipWelcome = 1

[shell]

DefaultThemesOff = Yes

DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

[Components]

[userData]

ProductKey =

ComputerName =

FullName =

[RegionalSettings]

Language = 0409

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents = Yes

AFAIK there is still no NVATABUS.SYS, which is WHQL-certified.

Open the attachment nvatabus_sys.jpg I've included from my current device manager only for the nvraid controller drivers, but all else is similarily WHQL

[Version]

Signature = "$Windows NT$"

Class=HDC

ClassGUID={4d36e96a-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Provider=%NVIDIA%

CatalogFile=nvata.cat

DriverVer=08/18/2005,5.10.2600.0552

Above is an extract from the nvatabus.inf. The nvata.cat is found in the sata_ide folder. Also it looks for nvcoi.dll which is in the Legacy folder. I've copied both the cat and nvcoi.dll to the nvraid folder along with nvatabus.inf when creating this latest iso. Sunday I will try a fresh install to test.

[sourceDisksFiles.x86]

nvatabus.sys=0

idecoi.dll=0

nvcoi.dll=0

The new version RC1 of nLite 1.0 does not use the OemInfFiles method at all, you will not find an [OemInfFiles] section within the WINNT.SIF, if you use nLite 1.0 RC1.
You are right, that was my fault. I have tested a lot of prebuilds of RC1 and those prebuilds did not contain this entry within the WINNT.SIF. Nuhi must have put the [OemInfFiles] section into the final version of nLite 1.0 RC1. I do not know the reason why he did it, because the OemInfFiles method needs a path $OEM$\$$\OEMDIR.
Open the attachment nvatabus_sys.jpg I've included from my current device manager only for the nvraid controller drivers, but all else is similarily WHQL
If you look into your device manager and open the properties of the NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller (device group IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller) and look into the driver details, you will see that the NVATABUS.SYS is not WHQL-certified.

"It said that a new device was found (disk drive), and that it would be ready to use after the next reboot. And the installation continued normally".

This is the moment, when the Windows XP Setup detects your Raid array. I have seen this popup only with nLite 1.0 Beta6, when I used the OemInfFiles method.

I got this on my latest install using 1.0rc1-refer my previous post for OEMInfFiles generated by nlite 1.0rc1

I got this on my latest install using 1.0rc1-refer my previous post for OEMInfFiles generated by nlite 1.0rc1

This popup message is not an issue.

I think it is due to the fact, that you mixed the nForce SataRaid files, before you integrated them as TEXTMODE drivers. Normally no file changes or transfers are necessary, when you take the driver subfolder I proposed (PATARAID with 6.66, LEGACY with 6.67).

Edited by Fernando 1

If you look into your device manager and open the properties of the NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller (device group IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller) and look into the driver details, you will see that the NVATABUS.SYS is not WHQL-certified.

Not so, all nforce drivers are WHQL after manual install-refer the nforce SATA controller properties.jpeg attached below, the previous attachment was also from driver properties in device manager.

At least this is the case on my system.

Not so, all nforce drivers are WHQL after manual install-refer the nforce SATA controller properties.jpeg attached below, the previous attachment was also from driver properties in device manager.

At least this is the case on my system.

This is really interesting. I just have checked it on different partitions of my system (nForce4 Ultra chipset with 2 SATA2 drives as Raid0). Unless I have used the same nForce IDE drivers as you did (v. 552), the NVATABUS.SYS and the NVRAID.SYS is presented as not WHQL-certified within the device manager of my system. The same thing with the nForce IDE drivers v. 621.

But I have other Controllers than you have:

1 NVIDIA nForce RAID Class Controller as "SCSI and RAID Controller",

1 NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller and 2 NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controler as "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller".

Conclusion: The nForce SataRaid drivers NVATABUS.SYS and NVRAID.SYS are WHQL-certified for some, but not for all nForce systems.

That might be the reason, why you didn't have these big problems with bluescreens and endless reboots after the install of the new nForce SataRaid drivers.

Edited by Fernando 1

My System:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, AMD FX-55 Clawhammer processor, ASUS EAX850XT PE 256mb PCIe, Audigy 2 ZS, Sony LCD SDM-HS95PS-DVI, Corsair TwinX1024XL 3200 Pro, 4*WD 74G Raptors in RAID0 on nforce4 chipset, Lian-Li PC-75 case, 1*LG 4163 and 1*Plextor PX-716A DV-RW, Panosonic floppy, Sycom 1000va UPS, Enermax EG701AX-VE SFMA 2.0 (600W) Power Supply, Labtech 580e 5.1 THX speaker system, HP Deskjet 940C, Logitech MX518 Gamers Edition mouse

I believe if you copy the nvata.cat, nvcoi.dll and nvatabus.inf to the nvraid folder prior to integration with nlite and let nlite create your initial answer file in the process then the drivers will show up WHQL because all of the inf's make reference to this same cat file in the SATA_IDE folder and coinstaller in the Legacy folder. I'll know better on Sunday. But, keep in mind that in order to have WHQL on all my drivers I must manually reinstall after setup in safe mode.

Also, I only remove the eye-candy and things like MSN Explorer.

Not so, all nforce drivers are WHQL after manual install-refer the nforce SATA controller ...

I think I'd agree with this. Similar problems have been reported to me regarding chipset drivers. Anyone else here having issues with that, on particular on nForce 3 and nForce 4 motherboards? Possibly (probably) also ethernet driver problems? If so, please don't hesitate to post that in the device drivers forum!

I think I'd agree with this........

I believe if you copy the nvata.cat, nvcoi.dll and nvatabus.inf to the nvraid folder prior to integration with nlite and let nlite create your initial answer file in the process, using his own OEMinf customization, then the drivers will show up WHQL because all of the inf's make reference to this same cat file in the SATA_IDE folder and coinstaller in the Legacy folder. I'll know better on Sunday. But, keep in mind that in order to have WHQL on all my drivers I must manually reinstall after setup in safe mode.

Also, I only remove the eye-candy and things like MSN Explorer.

What do you think?

Only the ATA/ATAPI drivers show up unsigned; as before-manual install corrects this...so it did not work.

Edited by RickSteele

I believe if you copy the nvata.cat, nvcoi.dll and nvatabus.inf to the nvraid folder prior to integration with nlite and let nlite create your initial answer file in the process, using his own OEMinf customization, then the drivers will show up WHQL because all of the inf's make reference to this same cat file in the SATA_IDE folder and coinstaller in the Legacy folder.

Where do you have a folder called "NVRAID"? Do you mean the SATARAID subfolder?

@ rick steele, that has nothing to do with integrating nvidia raid drivers. Creative drivers simply do not integrate properly, I have tried myself many times, this is unrelated to the nvidia integration and I am surprised you did not mention they were creative drivers because I think you have confused fernando pointlessly now. :P

@ all, just use the "legacy" folder from the 6.67 drivers, don't mess with the 6.66 or sataraid folders, it will only cause pointless problems.