Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

Everyone...THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!  I'm not sure why this latest method works without all the other files in the OEMDIR folder, any ideas? But it does work, so that's the important part!   :thumbup

People with an nForce4 SataRaid system will need only those 3 files you have left within the OEMDIR folder.

The other files are just copied, because it's easier than to pick up special files and maybe people with other Raid/Sata systems need other files. AFAIK these not needed files do don't influence the integration of the nVRaid drivers.

EDIT:

Mjswoosh, it is not easy to explain, why you succeeded this time.

Fact is, that you succeeded by creating the $OEM$\$$\OEMDIR folder as I have described in post 1 of this thread.

The simply removal of some files out of the OEMDIR folder has not been the solution. I just tested it again. The removal of these files do not influence anything.

Please give uns an answer to the following questions:

1. Have you made any changes concerning your BIOS (new version, new ACPI-settings etc.)?

2. What was your nLite setting within the section "Unattended Install", when nLite asked for "Computer Type"? Did you leave it as Default ("automatic") or did you choose a specific computer (ACPI-) type?

3. Is it possible, that you made - concerning "Computer Type" - another setting than before?

Thanks!

Edited by Fernando 1

It works for me without oem folder, just integrating nvraid drivers with Nlite beta 6!

I used the 7.13 sataraid drivers, just copied the nvatabus.inf from the pataraiddriver folder, and i also have nvata.inf and nvata.sys from the sataide folder dont know if they are needed but Nlite puts them in the NLDRV folder anyway.

I also removed the scsi/raid and ide drivers with Nlite

This is with a DFI nforce 3 ultra d motherboard with nvraid bios 4.79

I also managed to integrate raid drivers for my silicon image 3114 pci adapter at the same time and works just fine.

It works for me without oem folder, just integrating nvraid drivers with Nlite beta 6!

Yes, if you remove the critical drivers, which are favoured by MS during installation, it is possible to integrate the nVRaid drivers without using the [OemInfFiles] method. I tested it and it worked with my system (nForce4) too.

The problem is, that you might get "Unknown Devices", because some other needed drivers may not be installed.

CU

Fernando

:( I followed all the instructions

plz tell me if I done something wrong

1.Changed txtsetup.oem in pataraid folder

2.Integrated with nlite pataraid,sataide,sataraid

3.Changed the winnt.sif

4.Copied all the content from pataraid,sataide,sataraid to \$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR

I have a Shuttle AN50R with Nforce3 without raid array

I want to integrate all the graphics and Nforce3 drivers

PS: the sataraid,pataraid,sataide drivers I used where from the Nforce4 package

heres my preset :

Derni_re_session.ini

plz tell me if I done something wrong

1.Changed txtsetup.oem in pataraid folder

2.Integrated with nlite pataraid,sataide,sataraid

3.Changed the winnt.sif

4.Copied all the content from pataraid,sataide,sataraid to  \$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR

I have a Shuttle AN50R with Nforce3 without raid array

I want to integrate all the graphics and Nforce3 drivers

PS: the sataraid,pataraid,sataide drivers I used where from the Nforce4 package

Why did you integrate all IDE\WinXP subfolders (PATARAID, SATARAID, SATAIDE)?

If you have S-ATA drives, but no Raid system, you only will need the SATARAID subfolder for the Textmode driver integration. nForce3 S-ATA systems are supported by NVATABUS.INF.

But before you integrate the drivers from the SATARAID subfolder you should open the file txtsetup.oem from the folder SATARAID with the editor, go to the section [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] and replace the name nvraid.inf by the name nvatabus.inf.

Within the OEMDIR subfolder you should only copy the files from the PATARAID subfolder.

All the other drivers (Ethernet, Gart etc.) have to been taken from nForce chipset packages suitable for nForce3 systems.

Edited by Fernando 1

I have a Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI mobi with latest bios F9, however raid bios is 4.81. Is there anyway I could update the raid bios to 4.84?

The Raid BIOS is a part of the mainboard BIOS. So the easiest way to get an uptated Raid BIOS v. 4.84 is to check, if there is a new mainboard BIOS.

Theoreticly the integration of a new Raid BIOS into a mainboard BIOS can be done by the user (you only need the new nVRaid BIOS and a special tool), but the consequences in the case of the failure are so great, that I would never give the advice to do it yourself.

You have either to wait for a new mainboard BIOS or to take an nForce chipset driver package lower than v. 6.66.

CU

Fernando

Even though 6.66 is working for me on nvraid 4.81

I'm curious where you got the information that 6.66 drivers won't work with nvraid older than 4.84 fernando. Because it works fine for me.

Dale, as we already know, you are a lucky man, but there are a lot of others in the world.

I got the information about the correlation between the nForce Raid driver version, the nVRaid function and the Raid BIOS version from a lot of people.

Look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=385843

and here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t10928.html

and here:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...t=0entry44505

That is why I have put this information into post 1 of this thread.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

I used the 7.13 sataraid drivers, just copied the nvatabus.inf from the pataraiddriver folder, and i also have nvata.inf and nvata.sys from the sataide folder dont know if they are needed but Nlite puts them in the NLDRV folder anyway.

This is with a DFI nforce 3 ultra d motherboard with nvraid bios 4.79

This was an important information for all users of a NVIDIA Sata/Raid system

It really makes sense to let nLite remove those IDE drivers, which are causing the problems with the nVRaidSata drivers, because in this case there is no need for creating an OEMDIR folder and no need to edit something within WINNT.SIF.

The only handicap of this method is, that the removal of too many or the wrong drivers may cause new yellow questionmarks within the Device Manager.

Meanwhile I have tested this "Driver-Removal-Method" on my nForce4 SataRaid system - and I have got it to work without any problems (no endless reboots, no yellow questionmarks, no error popups!

As a consequence I have added this new method into post 1 of this thread.

So there are at least 2 easy methods to integrate the nVRaid drivers into a bootable CD by using nLite.

Thanks to Dale and Metalljens for their posts. They gave me the push to try this method.

CU

Fernando

The only chance to prevent these problems is to create an Unattended Install CD with integrated nVRaid drivers using a method to enforce the installation of the correct NVIDIA drivers.

Hey, Fernando...

I got it working as you described in Driver-Removal-Method after several iterations with nLite. I tried a **lot** of different driver/OS combinations before I read your post. Finally got the NVRAID drivers to work with a clean nLite Windows XP SP1 Slipstream install. Otherwise, all your other instructions worked perfectly. Thank you for making it possible to install Windows XP on my new nForce SATA RAID array!

My configuration (thanks to you):

Motherboard: MSI Neo4 Platinum PCIe (not SLI)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core)

Disks: 2 Western Digital Raptor SATA (70GB)

Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit) installed on nForce4 SATA RAID!

Thanks again!

-=Bob :-)

has anybody tried integrating the SATA drivers for non raid setup on a Nforce 2 motherboard? i have 1 PATA and 1 SATA drive in my system and want to make nlite cd that i can install the SATA drive as the boot drive. i have an Abit AN7 motherboard and would like instructions on what folders i need to integrate. i read through the thread and frankly it has me a little confused :):blushing: i have the latest nlite installed and ready. thank you

has anybody tried integrating the SATA drivers for non raid setup on a Nforce 2 motherboard? i have 1 PATA and 1 SATA drive in my system and want to make nlite cd that i can install the SATA drive as the boot drive. i have an Abit AN7 motherboard and would like instructions on what folders i need to integrate. i read through the thread and frankly it has me a little confused :):blushing: i have the latest nlite installed and ready. thank you

Although I have no nForce2 motherboard in use, I think, that you can take the PATARAID subfolder. The nForce2 Serial Ata Controller is supported by the NVATABUS.INF.

Fernando 1,

stupid question if i may :) i have integrated the SATA driver into my install CD but am wondering - in order for the SATA drive to work in windows it needs the controller driver installed to be seen by windows. you know the silicon image driver, do i need to integrate it also??

Edited by hclarkjr