Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

im having problems integrating my sata drivers on my XP pro 32bits windows

Ive read the instructions by fernando but the nvraid drivers I need are for Nforce3 so I dont have any pataraid folder so how do I integrate Nforce3 sata drivers for XP Pro 32bits?

Sorry if it has been asked before :unsure:

Thanks in advance

im having problems integrating my sata drivers on my XP pro 32bits windows

Ive read the instructions by fernando but the nvraid drivers I need are for Nforce3 so I dont have any pataraid folder so how do I integrate Nforce3 sata drivers for XP Pro 32bits?

Do you have a Raid array?

If yes, you can do it as I explained it in post 1 of this thread. There is even something said about users with an nForce3 chipset mainboard.

You can take the SATARAID drivers from the nForce chipset driver package v. 6.66. nForce3 Sata controllers are supported by that drivers.

CU

Fernando

sorry I dont understand ...

No I dont have a raid array I just have one sata drive but everytime I try to integrate the sata drivers from Nvidia the harddisk is not detected (I dont have a floppy drive :( )

Please explain me how to integrate the drivers for Nforce3

Thanks for your help

Edited by ronmanp

No I dont have a raid array I just have one sata drive but everytime I try to integrate the sata drivers from Nvidia the harddisk is not detected (I dont have a floppy drive :(  )

Please explain me how to integrate the drivers for Nforce3

Have you tried it with the PATARAID subfolder (from the nForce chipset package 6.66)?

Although you have no Raid, there is a SATA driver (nvatabus.sys) within that folder, which is suitable for nForce3 chipsets.

Please post here the result of your work. This way you can help other users with an nForce3 SATA system.

Yeeehaw !!!

Thanks a lot Fernando 1, works everithig fine with Asus K8N (Nforce3), I just folow your first post. Great job !!!

Hi Willdoicu,

thank you very much for your posting.

Your comment verifies, that the method described in my first post works even with mainboards, which have an nForce3 chipset.

For other users with an Nforce3 SataRaid or PataRaid system would it be very helpfull, if you would answer the following questions:

1. Do you have an nVRaid array with S-ATA drives or P-ATA drives?

2. Which nForce chipset driver version did you use?

3. Which subfolder (SATARAID or PATARAID) did you use, when you integrated the textmode drivers?

4. Did you change something within the TEXTSETUP.OEM file? If yes, what?

CU

Fernando

Hi Willdoicu,

thank you very much for your posting.

Your comment verifies, that the method described in my first post works even with mainboards, which have an nForce3 chipset.

For other users with an Nforce3 SataRaid or PataRaid system would it be very helpfull, if you would answer the following questions:

1. Do you have an nVRaid array with S-ATA drives or P-ATA drives?

2. Which nForce chipset driver version did you use?

3. Which subfolder (SATARAID or PATARAID) did you use, when you integrated the textmode drivers?

4. Did you change something within the TEXTSETUP.OEM file? If yes, what?

CU

Fernando

my answers :

1. I have a nVRaid array with S-ATA drives

2. I've used nForce Win2K/XP driver package 6.66 for SATARAID,PATARAID and Sataide. I was integrated also nForce drivers from package 5.10 for Ethernet, Gart, MemCtl, SMBus.

3. I've use subfolders "sata_ide" and "sataraid" to integrate and "pataraid" in \$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR.

4.yes I-ve changed "inf = d1, nvraid.inf" with "inf = d1, nvatabus.inf" on "[Files.scsi.BUSDRV]" section from SATARAID subfolder.

That is all. Thank you again !!!

Edited by willdoicu

I am really stuck with this guys and need some help. I have tried Fernando_1's way twice and dale5605's way once. All three attempts have ended in repeated bluescreens.

I have,

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (BIOS 1011 / nVraid v4.81)

A64 3500+ Venice

2x Western Digital 74gb Raptors

I have tried using the 6.66 package of nForce4 drivers, included the pataraid directory contents in the OemDir, integrated the sataraid and sata_ide drivers with nLite (1.0 b6), etc. I can't figure out what I could be doing wrong.

I can't believe how hard it is to get a stripe working with my raptors, I have never had so much trouble with a raid array before.

I am really stuck with this guys and need some help. I have tried Fernando_1's way twice and dale5605's way once. All three attempts have ended in repeated bluescreens.

I have,

A64 3500+ Venice

I have tried using the 6.66 package of nForce4 drivers, included the pataraid directory contents in the OemDir, integrated the sataraid and sata_ide drivers with nLite (1.0 b6), etc. I can't figure out what I could be doing wrong.

I can't believe how hard it is to get a stripe working with my raptors, I have never had so much trouble with a raid array before.

You can't install the nForce Raid drivers from the chipset package 6.66 with an nVRaid Bios v. 4.81. What you need is a Raid Bios version 4.84!

If Asus has no newer Bios version, you have to take drivers from an nForce package lower than 6.66.

I have,

A64 3500+ Venice

You can't install the nForce Raid drivers from the chipset package 6.66 with an nVRaid Bios v. 4.81. What you need is a Raid Bios version 4.84!

If Asus has no newer Bios version, you have to take drivers from an nForce package lower than 6.66.

Ahh ha, I wasn't sure exactly what you meant in your first paragraph (on the first post), now it makes sense. Cool, I will update the BIOS now, I was just avoiding it because my BIOS is so heavily tweaked I hate to clear the CMOS :( It's worth it though if it means being able to get this fricken raid working!

Ahh ha, I wasn't sure exactly what you meant in your first paragraph (on the first post), now it makes sense. Cool, I will update the BIOS now, I was just avoiding it because my BIOS is so heavily tweaked I hate to clear the CMOS  :(  It's worth it though if it means being able to get this fricken raid working!

Please post the result of your work within this thread.

Good luck!

Fernando

Ahh ha, I wasn't sure exactly what you meant in your first paragraph (on the first post), now it makes sense. Cool, I will update the BIOS now, I was just avoiding it because my BIOS is so heavily tweaked I hate to clear the CMOS  :(  It's worth it though if it means being able to get this fricken raid working!

Please post the result of your work within this thread.

Good luck!

Fernando

Updating the BIOS did the trick. I have 4.84 NV RAID now, and it worked on the first try using your method on the first post.

Thanks!