CD NOT BOOTING

So the same boot.bin file I have been using for my unattended CD since Feb. The past month or so 95% of the time when I make an ISO using Roxio 5 or 6 with no emulation Load segment 0x7c0 sector count 0 I get an error message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" I have been racking my brains trying to figure out what could be causing this and have not come up with any reason. Can somebody please please help me. I even used ISO buster to open a working bootable iso and extracted the bootable cd part and tried to use that bootimage.img to get it to work but still no luck.

Edited by SilverHaze420

Not sure if the administrators will allow me to post this link, because I think its a kind of rival unattended tech site.

The reason I have posted it is the links at the end for creating boot disks for various packages are quite good especially for beginners.

Admin Guys. If this gets wiped I fully understand. :whistle:

Guide for creating boot disks

Hope this helps

:w00t:

Did not work :( I downloaded the boot.ima and tried using the method described. On that page it says to make the load segment 0x0 instead of 0x7c0. I tried both ways and still no luck. I am pulling my hair out here!! I have been having this problem for over a month now, every once and a while it will work outa the blue. I have tried taking the boot sector from other bootable XP cd's that I know work and still has not worked. :(

• 2 months later...
[it says to make the load segment 0x0 instead of  0x7c0. Iright]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

change load segment to "07C0" and make sure the number of loaded sectors is set to "4" and lastly make sure the type of emulation is set to "no emulation" .

Those settings worked for me when creating a WIN 2K bootable cd with SP2 slipstreamed and for WIN XP Pro bootable cd with SP2 slipstreamed. :yes:

Also what program are you using??