user accounts cpl dialog

some_guy

problem4xe.th.jpg

can somebody help me in fixing this problem you see in the picture?

or

can somebody send me the files to fix the pictures in the the user accounts dialog?

or

if possible... can somebody send me their nusrmgr.cpl file to me? (located in system32)

Edited by some_guy

Go to C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 and copy and past the one in this directory into your C:\windows\system32 directory

If this doesnt work them PM me and I can send you one of mine

I'm srry, but that didn't work either... well thanks anyways... gonna reformat the old way... using original cd... and sp2 installer...

Dude, you don't need to reformat... holy cow. "I'm missing an icon on my desktop, time to go by brand new $3000 computer and be happy again!" You know what? I don't have those tiny images, either, but the functionality behind them still exists. I suspect you probably just spent 10 minutes one day deleting some files to clean out your HD a bit. Just because the eye candy isn't there doesn't mean the gears are broken.

well its fixed now when i reformat... besides, i needed to reformat because something was wrong... well now it's fixed, nlited cd, but this time no RyanVM pack... that might have been the problem...

@ Jeremy... all the files were there... also, the functionality wasn;t there... i get the debug error popup and then when i click not to debug, the whole window messes up!

I went through the cpl file, and found that all the icons and pictures were there already... I don;t go around windows deleting...

why would i clean out my HD when 80% of it is free?

Edited by some_guy

Heh, some of us are picky. ;) Consider those people who use nLite. Trying to get rid of every last MB of unneeded XP files, regardless of HD size.

true, but when i use nlite, i just get rid of around 100MB of MS junk... but you have to think about it... it won't delete those pictures... (actually they are icons), and those icons are packed inside the cpl file. when i opened it with reshack, the right files were there, they just didn't show up...

how can you guys make xp 100MB? is there a tutorial out there?

Edited by some_guy

This is a rare problem caused by some icon editing applications.

By default, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ico\Content Type value is configured to image/x-icon. If some program changed that many small control panel icons, including those in posted screenshot, are missing.

Change this registry value to image/x-icon and everything will be OK.

I've noticed that issue years ago, when first installed an icon editor named ArtIcons Pro.