Word as Outlook editor

red7116

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
In the pass I was abel to use word as the editor for outlook but for some reason I am no longer able to set that option. I set the option in outlook but something keeps resetting it.
I seem to have the same problem with my Outlook 2000 / Word 2000 integration as the original poster. It had been working just fine and then, a few weeks ago, I found that I could no longer open my Word v9.0.6926 SP-3 from my Outlook with the same version number. At the same time, when I ran SCANREG.EXE /FIX from a boot-to-DOS, it told me that something was wrong with my system files and refused to carry on "fixing" the registry. What has me really confused is that SFC.EXE (System File Checker), which I use often (on my Win98SE system) and have it scan far more folders, including the Office 2000 folder, than it is set for by default, did not indicate at the same time, that any of my system files had become corrupted or removed. Can anyone please offer the two of us some help with this problem; perhaps the name of the driver(s) that might be at fault? Edited by Miraclewhip