xp pro wants to activate again

hybridspyda

i was having some trouble with my dvdrw drive: (it would not play dvd's properly) so i contacted the manufactures of the drive and of the software i got with it and they both told me to install new firmware for my drive... i successfully did this, and restarted.

after doing so i got a messege saying that windows must be activated again due to major changes in my system, but when i tried to it said my code was used too many times and i had to change my code, does this mean i will have to buy another code? or is there a way around this?

i was having some trouble with my dvdrw drive: (it would not play dvd's properly) so i contacted the manufactures of the drive and of the software i got with it and they both told me to install new firmware for my drive... i successfully did this, and restarted.

after doing so i got a messege saying that windows must be activated again due to major changes in my system, but when i tried to it said my code was used too many times and i had to change my code, does this mean i will have to buy another code? or is there a way around this?

maybe you have to call the activation center :(, there is no other solution I think

On the Microsoft-site:

Can I change or upgrade my hardware components?

MPA can tolerate some change in hardware components by allowing a degree of difference between the current hash value and the hash value that was originally activated. Users can change hardware components without having to reactivate the product. If users make substantial changes to their hardware components, even over long periods of time, they may have to reactivate the product. In that case, users may have to contact a Microsoft customer service representative by telephone to reactivate.

So I guess the wise thing to do is call Microsoft Customer Service.

They'll probably know what to do...

good luck !

@interminded

Try to use this program XPinfo for knowing the exact status of your windows activation and to see what all possiblilities you have exhausted. You can also use volid programme to restore the vol id of your hd and keep your score well within the limit to avoid reactivation.

B)